ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

12 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Maybe I missed it but did the club come out and announce McKay had left? Has it been confirmed that Vincent is away?

I haven't seen anything confirming player departures. I wonder if they are trying to conclude contract talks with some players before announcing anything.

Mckay was out of contract so a free agent. Presumably he got an offer from Falkirk that suited him. I’d have been happy had he signed in for us again as, whilst not everyone’s favourite, he generally did ok for us last season.

Not heard anything about our other out of contract players. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

I think with duffy, deas ,devine ,harper, nicolson and carson we actually have great depth in defense. 

Don't forget fyfe 

19 hours ago, Robert said:

Mckay was out of contract so a free agent. Presumably he got an offer from Falkirk that suited him. I’d have been happy had he signed in for us again as, whilst not everyone’s favourite, he generally did ok for us last season.

Not heard anything about our other out of contract players. 

Guess a lot of players waiting to see who manager would be. Brad had been here a long time away from family.

3 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

I think with duffy, deas ,devine ,harper, nicolson and carson we actually have great depth in defense. 

We still need someone who takes charge and dominates the box at set pieces. 

We also have an issue at left-back. Harper is an excellent player and the best crosser of the ball at the club, but is he a full-back? Neil McCann didn't think so.

He’s obviously not the finished article but a really good prospect. For me there’s no doubt that we’d have done a wee bit better there this season if we still had Tremarco, but we’d also have had less money for other positions. 

Intersting question about his position, could he move into left midfield?

40 minutes ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

Hope this is lost in translation, but Vigurs and Gardyne being approached to join us. Please no!!!

Read on Twitter that the pair and Carlo are going up the road to Brora. Either Brora have got bank, or the person starting the rumour has been smoking something hard...

• Confused 1

This is how the agents earn their money - Todorov hits form in the run in,  scoring quality goals in important matches, he gets a place in the championship team of the year - all the ammunition a half decent agent needs to make money for the player and himself.

• Agree 1

According to the P and J, John Robertson was in Kircaldy at the weekend on some kind of scouting mission which is a positive :ictscarf:

As I have said a few times, I hope we are looking at younger players rather than the usual suspects or failed Loss County rejects that are being rumoured on Twitter etc.

Tom Walsh is another but I would  actually be ok with him returning :P, tthough I don't see it happening.

22 hours ago, Shoot said:

Maybe he didn't like 77, he did ask for 9.

No number 9 = No success. 

You wouldn't play with no goalie would you? No number 9 was the main problem for us last season. 

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic