The season ahead

tm4tj

Hi All. Given that I was mumping about the season ticket process over the past 2 days it's only fair that I report great service today from the Club.

I received a call from a very pleasant lady called Maever (not sure if that spelling is correct). Anyway it was entirely my fault. Turns out that the Club had an old email address for me and that is why I couldn't look at my existing seat. Rather than call me a stupid old git, Maever simply took my new email address and updated my account. No drama and within 2 minutes my new season ticket was secured. 

Excellent service, if this is to be a reflection of the people working for the Club going forward then we are in good hands. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, givmeaccccc said:

Hi All. Given that I was mumping about the season ticket process over the past 2 days it's only fair that I report great service today from the Club.

I received a call from a very pleasant lady called Maever (not sure if that spelling is correct). Anyway it was entirely my fault. Turns out that the Club had an old email address for me and that is why I couldn't look at my existing seat. Rather than call me a stupid old git, Maever simply took my new email address and updated my account. No drama and within 2 minutes my new season ticket was secured. 

Excellent service, if this is to be a reflection of the people working for the Club going forward then we are in good hands. 

We stupid old gits need to stick together.

• Funny 2

As was wholly predictable, Hearts and Partick have lost their battle to have their relegation overturned by the courts and the matter will now go to arbitration independent of both the SFA and the SPFL.

What should have happened in the first place and, with a fair wind and a bit of good will, ought to be concluded before the proposed start of the Premierhip season 

• Agree 1

The presiding judge made it clear that the arbitration panel should not be made up of Scottish football worthiness.

I would suggest one lawyer, one experienced football official from the continent and one business leader with no connection to football and thus no axe to grind.

My two Aberdeen supporting sons, I know, hopeless parenting on my behalf, have both ordered Aberdeen branded face masks from their club shop.

As far as I can see, we are not, as yet at least, doing anything similar. With coverings soon to be compulsory in shops and likely to remain so for several months, ICT branded masks might be an opportunity to generate a bit of extra income, be socially responsible and keep fans a bit safer at the same time.

I would certainly pay a tenner each for a couple.

21 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

My two Aberdeen supporting sons, I know, hopeless parenting on my behalf, have both ordered Aberdeen branded face masks from their club shop.

As far as I can see, we are not, as yet at least, doing anything similar. With coverings soon to be compulsory in shops and likely to remain so for several months, ICT branded masks might be an opportunity to generate a bit of extra income, be socially responsible and keep fans a bit safer at the same time.

I would certainly pay a tenner each for a couple.

I've seen a couple on EBay of Scottish clubs, only the Premiership and League One/Two, but strangely, no Championship. Not sure how much I'd trust it from an EBay seller, but if it was official club merch, I'd be more inclined to buy one...

On 6/18/2020 at 5:30 PM, Alan Simpson said:

That's gotta be 1 of the worst deals ever you'd be the worlds worst car salesman my man ! Nobody ever wears footy socks anyway I pay more I'm wanting Coop the bigoted dug thrown in 

I feel sorry for coop.

I’m so glad we won our last game before lockdown. When I look at the BBC Sport app I see this, our most recent result. Imagine going for all these months being reminded every single day of a miserable defeat!

543F3E89-D624-4779-B385-6392040E0886.jpeg

I can no longer remember the last time we played it is now so shrouded in the mists of time.

Remind me, did Wyness score the winner ? Did Jimmy Calder play well in goal? Do you think that Steve Patterson will resists the charms of Dundee United and Aberdeen and see out his career at ICT ?

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

I’m so glad we won our last game before lockdown. When I look at the BBC Sport app I see this, our most recent result. Imagine going for all these months being reminded every single day of a miserable defeat!

Aye that's a fair point. But the previous Saturday was your, and my, last game, and we got stuffed at Alloa 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, lizi said:

I always try to forget games lost - memories are made of games won surely. 

I agree entirely and I enjoyed the QoS game. The 3 at the back formation threw me when I saw the line up with Toddy at the back and Rooney and Harper playing wide midfield. It was a convincing display and would have been a clean sheet but for the wind. Seems a lifetime ago. Roll on whenever we are allowed to attend games again!

17 hours ago, Robert said:

A positive update from the CEO:

https://ictfc.com/ceo-season-ticket-update

Very positive news indeed. Hopefully, anyone who has been swithering and can afford to will now join the joyful crew and perhaps treat themselves, family or friends to some merchandise even if that is not their usual habit.

We need to add to our wafer thin squad before the season kicks off and every season ticket sold or shirt or scarf purchased adds to our ability in that regard.

• Agree 1

Were the actual season ticket cards handed out at time of purchase? I ask because when I went in last week, the card machine wasn't working and they were gonna put through the details afterwards and send the cards out but I haven't received anything yet so I wasn't sure if they were actually yet available 

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic