The season ahead

tm4tj

Full list is here:

https://ictfc.com/2020-21-fixture-list

Quite a tough start: away to Dunfermline, home to Ayr and Arbroath then away to Hearts. Those four games could go some way to defining our season. 

Tough ending too if we are still in the hunt for the league or play offs: home to Dundee, away to Hearts and home to Ayr are our last three games. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

The provisional date for reopening sports stadiums with fans, albeit in limited numbers, has today been announced as 14th September.

Every chance that at least some of us will be able to cheer the team to the 2020/21 Championship title.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

The provisional date for reopening sports stadiums with fans, albeit in limited numbers, has today been announced as 14th September.

Every chance that at least some of us will be able to cheer the team to the 2020/21 Championship title.

Lovely...looks like Hearts away in November is on!

3 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Lovely...looks like Hearts away in November is on!

That game is a sure fire pick to be moved to Friday night for coverage on BBC I reckon.

11 hours ago, RiG said:

That game is a sure fire pick to be moved to Friday night for coverage on BBC I reckon.

Yep....Hotel already booked covers that eventuality. Easyjet fares for that weekend are just £50 return (although I have a vouncher left over from a cancelled trip to Inverness, so the flights could cost me nothing). What could possibly go wrong...the First Minister banning travellers from England due to a much higher Covid rate perhaps

1 hour ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Yep....Hotel already booked covers that eventuality. Easyjet fares for that weekend are just £50 return (although I have a vouncher left over from a cancelled trip to Inverness, so the flights could cost me nothing). What could possibly go wrong...the First Minister banning travellers from England due to a much higher Covid rate perhaps

Fingers crossed for you! A lot could happen but hopefully the infection rates stay low and a crowd is allowed in.

Edited by Robert

Wandering off topic a bit, I rather optimistically booked flights to the Faroe Islands the other week for the start of October, before our season is meant to start, but AtlanticAir cancelled them yesterday. They obviously don’t think much of our handling of this, as they’re still flying to several other countries. I’m a bit miffed as it was an Edinburgh flight but on previous experience there are always travellers from England on it anyway.

Edited by TheMantis

RIG’s complaining on another thread about wanting to see ICT at Bayview. I’ve never managed to see ICT at Boroughbriggs (but have seen Caley there in the old days). Last time we played there in the Scottish I had train tickets bought, but in January it’s always a face-off between me and the flu-type viruses 😂

2 hours ago, TheMantis said:

RIG’s complaining on another thread about wanting to see ICT at Bayview. I’ve never managed to see ICT at Boroughbriggs (but have seen Caley there in the old days). Last time we played there in the Scottish I had train tickets bought, but in January it’s always a face-off between me and the flu-type viruses 😂

Do pensioners not get offered a free flu jab 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

• Funny 1

Sounds like a bout of Millwall flu Mantis - contracted by the fans of many English clubs, brought on by the prospect of a trip to the Den. Plenty of parallels with a trip to Borough Briggs. 😷👊

• Funny 1

• 1 month later...

Ventured across the bridge today (sacrilege I know) but good to see the next game board showing our home game against Cowdenbeath on it. 

I assume it will be with no fans, but a visible sign that our team is alive and, hopefully, we get at least some season ticket holders at games before too long. 

We can hope!

38 minutes ago, Robert said:

Ventured across the bridge today (sacrilege I know) but good to see the next game board showing our home game against Cowdenbeath on it. 

I assume it will be with no fans, but a visible sign that our team is alive and, hopefully, we get at least some season ticket holders at games before too long. 

We can hope!

We can hope but I still think it's going to be a long time before we can go to games and looking at the news from Aberdeen and County you had to go in and straight to your seats no crack at all :sad: guess we will just have to wait and see what happens but when the team starts playing it's 'come on ICT:ictscarf:

47 minutes ago, IBM said:

We can hope but I still think it's going to be a long time before we can go to games and looking at the news from Aberdeen and County you had to go in and straight to your seats no crack at all :sad: guess we will just have to wait and see what happens but when the team starts playing it's 'come on ICT:ictscarf:

I think what the County fans who were at the game found most difficult was not being able to leave before the end of the game.  

• Funny 10

On 7/30/2020 at 12:42 PM, Kingsmills said:

Obviously pushed back now. If the idiots who have been flouting the rules now start obeying the new stricter measures their conduct has brought about rather than carping about them then we may still get back into grounds by the end of the year.

• Agree 2

The recent developments on COVID measures surely reduce the prospect of fans getting into stadiums any time soon. Teams in our league just aren’t viable without crowds. What’s going to happen, will there even be a season 20/21 for us? 🤷‍♂️ 

17 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

The recent developments on COVID measures surely reduce the prospect of fans getting into stadiums any time soon. Teams in our league just aren’t viable without crowds. What’s going to happen, will there even be a season 20/21 for us? 🤷‍♂️ 

Boris J is basically saying that restrictions continue for 6 months so I don't see us survive without financial aid 

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic