The season ahead

tm4tj

Ticket info for the new season.

After Monday’s confirmation that we’ll be playing in the SPFL Championship for the 2020/21 season, the club now has the ability to speak to the Caley Jags supporters about our plans to exit the lockdown and our abnormally extended close season.

https://ictfc.com/chairmans-update-17-06-2020

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

One question I have about the whole thing is that since Hearts and Partick are going to court in an attempt to get their relegations overruled, if they're successful, would that mean there would be no promotion or relegation, or would it force through reconstruction?

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

One question I have about the whole thing is that since Hearts and Partick are going to court in an attempt to get their relegations overruled, if they're successful, would that mean there would be no promotion or relegation, or would it force through reconstruction?

:shrug:

1 hour ago, Robert said:

https://ictfc.com/limited-edition-fathers-day-ideas

The whisky could go down well too!

Don’t drink it!

Limited edition versions of top brand malts can be very collectable. I have a bog standard Highland Park 12yo that would have been worth about £30 were it not for a label commissioned for a special occasion, and it now sells at auctions for about £400. Doesn’t even have a special box or bottle engraving like the ICT one has.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

It might go along the lines of what the French courts ruled. In that relegation was unlawful but it was up to the French FA to decide the next steps.

Just now, Yngwie said:

Don’t drink it!

Limited edition versions of top brand malts can be very collectable. I have a bog standard Highland Park 12yo that would have been worth about £30 were it not for a label commissioned for a special occasion, and it now sells at auctions for about £400. Doesn’t even have a special box or bottle engraving like the ICT one has.

Was intending to get it and only open it when we next lift the Scottish Cup, but at 125 smackeroonies, it's a bit on the steep side (especially when it's being advertised as a "late father's day gift" as if anyone that desperate for a last minute gift at this stage would give up and hand over 125 quid for a bottle of whisky)

2 hours ago, ictbob said:

Did the club ever offer a refund for last season's ticket. And before people start going off on one I'm only asking. 

Not a squeak as far as I know. Perhaps you have to ask for one.

With no guarantee that the new season will start in October or if it does and  matches are behind closed doors, I imagine there won't be a mad rush for season tickets. 

8 hours ago, Row S said:

Not a squeak as far as I know. Perhaps you have to ask for one.

With no guarantee that the new season will start in October or if it does and  matches are behind closed doors, I imagine there won't be a mad rush for season tickets. 

Cheers. Not looking for one but other clubs been praising there fans for refusing them.

He also mentioned in his statement that if you wanted to pay full price for a season ticket feel free to donate .

Surely if you do this Scott could give away a pack of erea socks to get rid of all the boxes of old kit the club has. 

So professional sport can resume from next week. The spfl have totally mismanaged the situation and bottled it. Why have the championship only agreed to resuming matches in October? When they could easily have restarted in August as per. Just proves that the spfl are inept and have damaged the Scottish game possibly beyond repair. And with the oncoming legal battles will pay dearly for their incompetence 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

He also mentioned in his statement that if you wanted to pay full price for a season ticket feel free to donate .

Surely if you do this Scott could give away a pack of erea socks to get rid of all the boxes of old kit the club has. 

That's gotta be 1 of the worst deals ever you'd be the worlds worst car salesman my man ! Nobody ever wears footy socks anyway I pay more I'm wanting Coop the bigoted dug thrown in 

• Facepalm 1

20 hours ago, Robert said:

Wonder how big the Oor Willie statue is?

I was working from home this morning when an email pinged in from the club about the statues so I went on immediate shopping trip (despite also wondering how big the statues were). I got the last one and was very relieved that it is only small (the size of the ones that the public could buy to paint themselves). It is beautifully hand painted with lots of detail and despite the price, I think it is a very collectable item. I'm just glad that it wasn't the same size as the one outside the stadium.

22 hours ago, ictbob said:

Did the club ever offer a refund for last season's ticket. And before people start going off on one I'm only asking. 

I would be very surprised, even if it was offered, if any fan would accept but  nevertheless, agree that, even in the current difficult circumstances, the offer should have been made.

I haven't bought a season ticket for years due to a combination of professional, geographical and domestic circumstances but will purchase a virtual one for the coming season and would urge anyone else in my position who can afford to to consider doing likewise.

The club is going to need every penny it can get to get through and be competitive in the season ahead.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Perhaps to contain losses at a level which will enable clubs to survive?

Contain losses how? Players will be on contracts in next couple of months on full pay. No option of furlough from August to october. Costs to maintain back room, coaching staff etc still there but no income from ticket sales etc. Spfl ludicrously. Why couldn't they have had a deal in place to live stream games with pay per view just like the first two games will be in october and free to season ticket holders. This would have generated income without the need for stewarding etc at the ground. It makes no sense. Could you imagine another business saying right guys we technically can open now but are going to keep all the staff on full wages but not open to sell any stock or provide any services. 

Edited by MorayJaggie

21 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Don’t drink it!

I meant as a present on Father’s Day and to keep as pride of place!

3 hours ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

I was working from home this morning when an email pinged in from the club about the statues so I went on immediate shopping trip (despite also wondering how big the statues were). I got the last one and was very relieved that it is only small (the size of the ones that the public could buy to paint themselves). It is beautifully hand painted with lots of detail and despite the price, I think it is a very collectable item. I'm just glad that it wasn't the same size as the one outside the stadium.

Thanks for that. With encouragement from my wife (surprisingly as she hates football) I ordered one on line last night. It has not arrived yet but I’ve been worrying about my sanity since. You have reassured me, thanks. 

If it helps the club in a small way it may turn out to be money well spent. 

I didn’t buy the whisky though....

53 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Contain losses how? Players will be on contracts in next couple of months on full pay. No option of furlough from August to october. Costs to maintain back room, coaching staff etc still there but no income from ticket sales etc. Spfl ludicrously. Why couldn't they have had a deal in place to live stream games with pay per view just like the first two games will be in october and free to season ticket holders. This would have generated income without the need for stewarding etc at the ground. It makes no sense. Could you imagine another business saying right guys we technically can open now but are going to keep all the staff on full wages but not open to sell any stock or provide any services. 

?? Furlough is available till 31st Oct with tapering off from August

The Championship clubs themselves voted for the October start because they felt they would not be ready for the usual July / August openers. The reasons being that they didn't feel they would be in a position to adhere to requirements for training and testing until then.

12 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Contain losses how?

I was simply thinking that as soon as they start playing, they will start losing (more) money, because of the inevitable expenses - travel, opening up the stadium even for closed door matches, and so on.

With no income, a shorter season would mean losing less money, and could literally be the difference between survival and liquidation for some clubs.

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic