Black Lives Matter and ICT

Stephen Malkmus

23 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

How they gonna manage that by burning shops? There's no time machines my man can't go back and change it! A bit of a joke group tbh tearing down statues etc graffiti on Churchill what's that all about not gonna get sympathy with that behaviour

What's your solution to hundreds of years of systemic racism?

13 hours ago, Sean93 said:

Can a moderator close this topic? Or move it to general nonsense?

The less said the better on this one.

7 hours ago, old caley girl said:

I agree. Some of the posts on here are embarrassing. 

It crossed my mind yesterday evening, but have to agree with Kingsmills on this one. Sometimes you have to let people dig a hole for themselves. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, old caley girl said:

I agree. Some of the posts on here are embarrassing. 

Agreed. The original post was seriously intended but some of the contributions thereafter have been embarrassing to read  and, I feel, should be removed. 

14 minutes ago, Robert said:

Agreed. The original post was seriously intended but some of the contributions thereafter have been embarrassing to read  and, I feel, should be removed. 

In common with Mantis, I too seriously considered closing this thread and I agree that some of the posts are not only embarrassing to read but are disgraceful.

However,I remain, on balance, of the opinion that the thread is a valid one and, for now at least, the thread should remain open for reasoned debate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

In common with Mantis, I too seriously considered closing this thread and I agree that some of the posts are not only embarrassing to read but are disgraceful.

However,I remain, on balance, of the opinion that the thread is a valid one and, for now at least, the thread should remain open for reasoned debate.

When all this' taking the knee' kicked off in the EPL and EFL I did consider posting my thoughts on the subject in this forum. I decided that the subject was too volatile and I backed out from doing so. 

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Sorry kingy shouldn't have tried the wind up on this 1 can see it means something to you

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Fontaines ICT said:

On a brighter note, I would say that we have made progress as a fanbase on these issues generally. There have been a few decent and thoughtful posts in this thread.

Just take a look at this grim thread from 2007 to see that we're moving forward slowly: 

Moving forward from a Civil War to a more Civilised Civil War without the "who's the fascist" version of Hot Potato 

On 8/3/2020 at 11:46 PM, Row S said:

😱 Roll on October when we can get back to talking about playing football again. 

I'd be happy even with a transfer rumour or two to tide me over until October.

7 hours ago, RiG said:

I'd be happy even with a transfer rumour or two to tide me over until October.

Oh no, some on here will make them up! Lol!

I see Tom Walsh is still without a club. Not saying there is any chance of him signing up again but who knows....

Edited by Robert

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

BLM are a marxist organisation supported financially by Soros via his so called NGO's called Open Society and Endowment for Democracy. They sound great don't they except BLM amongst their many demands require the dissolution of the family, does any family man want this?

Mods! A line has been crossed here into dangerous fascist conspiracy theory. Yer man probably watches 20 hours of youtube a day. Should he be allowed to regurgitate this stuff on here?

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

CaleyStan  - I agree with you. Not only has this trumpian nonsense been debunked (several times). It definitely crosses the line for the site, and for me personally. We will take appropriate action on this.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-false-george-soros-claims-idUSKBN23P2XJ

I have largely stayed out of social & political discussion on this and other threads but as husband to a woman of colour and father of a biracial child, and who knows far more about BLM than I probably would otherwise, I cannot allow or accept this post on this site. Reasoned argument is fine, but spouting already debunked conspiracy theories ... nope.  I have hidden the post for now until we decide what action to take with the user account. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1