Miles Storey

Robert

Being scanning wikipedia tonight. 

Interesting that Miles has scored 14 goals for us, half his career total, 11 in 30 in his loan spell and 3 in 27 last season. 

His other 14 came in 157 appearances with other clubs, so he has been most prolific with us. 

Given he generally played up front in his loan spell, Alan Simpson may be right that if we played him as a striker we would see the beat of him.

That said, I’m still not convinced by his heading ability. 

Edited by Robert

From the same source, Shane Sutherland has scored 52 goals in his last 91 appearances in the last 4 seasons, admittedly after a lower level. 

Toddy has 15 career goals, 3 with us last season. 

Who should be our first pick striker? Sutherland should get the first chance in my opinion. 

Edited by Robert

7 hours ago, RedCard said:

neither player should be our first choice striker!  Plenty of time for us to bring a number 9 in 

There may be plenty of time but is there plenty of money ?

Our limited resources are likely to be more tightly stretched than ever this season.

It seems to me that we are well enoughed served by forward players in the squad and they should be given an opportunity.

If we have any cash to spare there are more urgent priorities elsewhere.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

There may be plenty of time but is there plenty of money ?

Our limited resources are likely to be more tightly stretched than ever this season.

It seems to me that we are well enoughed served by forward players in the squad and they should be given an opportunity.

If we have any cash to spare there are more urgent priorities elsewhere.

This assumes that we don't move anyone on. If we get the chance to jettison players like Mckay to improve the defence (which already needs strengthening regardless) or some of the lacklustre forwards we have then we should take that opportunity. Robbo isn't perfect but the transfer market is an area I trust him so if he can bring someone in but it means we need to move a player on then we should absolutely do it. We should always be looking to upgrade the team and get rid of those no longer worthy of a place.

Edited by RiG

10 hours ago, Robert said:

From the same source, Shane Sutherland has scored 52 goals in his last 91 appearances in the last 4 seasons, admittedly after a lower level. 

Toddy has 15 career goals, 3 with us last season. 

Who should be our first pick striker? Sutherland should get the first chance in my opinion. 

To be fair, most of Shane's goals have come against not so good opposition, whereas Toddy has been playing Championship and Italian football.

But then again, that kinda makes Miles's situation more confusing, scoring 15 in the top flight, but only 5 in the championship...

23 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

But then again, that kinda makes Miles's situation more confusing, scoring 15 in the top flight, but only 5 in the championship...

He played as a striker in the top flight with support from Ryan Christie and others. Now he is played wide right where he struggled during his time at Aberdeen and Partick. he did play up front for us last season against Dundee in the league or League Cup (I forget which). Didn't have too much of an impact but maybe worth trying again.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

Was he not upfront against Arbroath when the emptied us 3-0

He was Sandy and also missed a great chance in the first half with a **** poor attempt when trying to lob the keeper. 

I think we will bring a striker in and ive heard rumours of Simon Murray being linked with us. He’s a free agent and I’d take him in a heartbeat 

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, RedCard said:

He was Sandy and also missed a great chance in the first half with a **** poor attempt when trying to lob the keeper. 

I think we will bring a striker in and ive heard rumours of Simon Murray being linked with us. He’s a free agent and I’d take him in a heartbeat 

If we can get Simon Murray, that would be a good bit of business. Proven at this level. 

I have never been very impressed with Miles when he plays out wide. He has the occasional moment of class but far too infrequently. However, Robbo prefers to play a hold up player up top like Toddy or White last season so I think he will continue to do so which means Miles will struggle to get goals

It's not rocket science play a striker out wide he's not going to get amongst the goals nor tbf be an effective winger Robbo likes a big lump up top so be Toddy I'd imagine! Unless Robbo can change his formation ie 1 lump up top well struggle again for goals Toddy like White is no where near good enough to play that holding lone striker role! On a brighter note be a coup if we got Simon Murray for an tried to get him before good player at this level

4 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

It's not rocket science play a striker out wide he's not going to get amongst the goals nor tbf be an effective winger Robbo likes a big lump up top so be Toddy I'd imagine! Unless Robbo can change his formation ie 1 lump up top well struggle again for goals Toddy like White is no where near good enough to play that holding lone striker role! On a brighter note be a coup if we got Simon Murray for an tried to get him before good player at this level

are you forgetting Shane?

11 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

I no Robbo signed Sutherland but don't think hell play him much be a bench warmer I'd imagine big step up from Elgin to our level

I don't think he'll be a bench warmer Alan. He's a proven striker and I think he'll give him a chance to prove it at this level.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, caleyboy said:

I don't think he'll be a bench warmer Alan. He's a proven striker and I think he'll give him a chance to prove it at this level.

Robbos not the most adventurous of managers be the same as last season with Toddy taking on the lump role White occupied I hope not like to see something different but he didn't change anything last season and let's be honest we were shocking in the final 3rd