Harry Maguire

Robert

Once again we have a high profile player in trouble, with bad publicity for the game at a time it is not needed. 

If reports about the incident are true, and as he was found guilty we must assume they are, it seems an unsavoury incident, compounded by him trying to use his status to buy his way out of trouble. 

England should not have selected him given the live court case and have, rightly, dropped him. Manchester United now need to show what stance they are taking on it.

Money and power seem to have taken away any sense of humility or understanding of right and wrong that he ever had. After his part in Leicester’s unexpected title win a few years ago, when he became a role model, how the mighty have fallen.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

As will all media these days I've become very sceptical about what bile they produce. He's been found guilty by a Greek court and we all know what these overseas courts can be like in giving fair trials. If he did do what they say he did then he shouldn't be in the England team and his club should step in with a meaningful fine and suspension. Possibly another young man where money seems to have affected their brains and good behaviour has gone out the window. Never liked him anyway.

5 hours ago, Gringo said:

As will all media these days I've become very sceptical about what bile they produce. He's been found guilty by a Greek court and we all know what these overseas courts can be like in giving fair trials. If he did do what they say he did then he shouldn't be in the England team and his club should step in with a meaningful fine and suspension. Possibly another young man where money seems to have affected their brains and good behaviour has gone out the window. Never liked him anyway.

A bit of an unjustified slur on the Greek criminal justice system which seems to me to be generally fair and robust.

Not just an idiot but with his 'don't know know who I am' posturing, an arrogant idiot.

8 hours ago, Gringo said:

As will all media these days I've become very sceptical about what bile they produce. He's been found guilty by a Greek court and we all know what these overseas courts can be like in giving fair trials. 

Sorry Gringo, but many of us got our eyes opened during the 2014 Referendum. The UK Establishment fights dirty like anybody else. Agree with you about the media and the rich footballers though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Sorry Gringo, but many of us got our eyes opened during the 2014 Referendum. The UK Establishment fights dirty like anybody else. Agree with you about the media and the rich footballers though.

And are already gearing up to fight even more dirty in #Indyref 2 which even they know now is inevitable.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

A bit of an unjustified slur on the Greek criminal justice system which seems to me to be generally fair and robust.

Not just an idiot but with his 'don't know know who I am' posturing, an arrogant idiot.

Some people never grow up!