Milestones & Memories

Scotty

Were you one of the 3734 fans present for the opening of the Caledonian Stadium in November 1996?  Our opponents that day were Albion Rovers.  Albion Rovers were also our opponents later on in the season when, to great celebrations, we clinched the 3rd Division title.

The story of both historic games is told in "Milestones and Memories", Ian Broadfoot's fascinating new book celebrating all things ICT in the first 25 years.

Read what Chairman Dougie McGilvray had to say about the opening of the stadium and learn about his bet with Tam Cowan!

Read what captain Mike Noble and fans' favourite Paul Cherry had to say about the title winning campaign.

Many of the club's most memorable and important matches are highlighted in this wonderful book.  You can learn about the milestones and re-live the memories, but only if enough money is raised to cover the printing cost.  You can help by pre-ordering the book and/or making a donation through the club shop.  All profits will go directly to the club, so this is a wonderful opportunity to both relive some great memories and help the club out at this desperately challenging time.  

• Agree 1

Absolutely delighted to be able to announce that in less than 2 weeks we have reached the target to get "Milestones and Memories" to print.  On behalf of Ian Broadfoot, the Supporters Trust and the Club, many, many thanks to all who pre-ordered, donated or simply passed the message on.  Ian will now get the final copy together and we can start planning the launch of the book itself.   More info on that in due course.

The club has now taken the donations page down from the online shop but you can still pre-order.  Not only will that secure your copy but it will also help the club's cash flow at this very challenging time.

Edited by DoofersDad
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know that final updates to the book have been made, proofs approved and the order placed and paid for.  It is now up to the printers to do their stuff and the books should be with the Club within a few weeks.  I am sure that when fans read the book, they will agree it has been worth waiting for.  But publishing the book would not have been possible without everyone who has pre-ordered copies, bought advertising and made donations.  Ian Broadfoot, the Club and the Supporters Trust are extremely grateful to all of you who have made it possible to get "Milestones and Memories" to print.

Unfortunately, the virus means that we will not be able to have the kind of launch we had originally envisaged. But we are discussing with the club how best to launch the book and will update you with news of that when we can.

The option to pre-order books remains available on the on-line shop.  All books pre-ordered will be signed by Ian with a dedication if you wish.  So if you haven't ordered yet but would like a signed copy,  click here.

• Like 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Got mine this morning. Looks terrific at first glance.

That's good to hear.  The plan is that everyone who supported the fundraising campaign by pre-ordering copies will have the opportunity of getting their copies before they go on general sale.  Those who ordered for books to be posted should be receiving their copies soon.  These are going out in 2 batches and the 2nd lot are not yet ready for dispatch, so even though The Mantis has his copy, don't panic if yours doesn't arrive for a few days.  Those who ordered for picking copies up from the stadium should be getting emails to say their copy is ready for collection.  Given the vital importance of keeping the stadium, Covid secure, please don't go to the stadium until you have confirmation your copies are ready for collection.

All pre-ordered copies have been signed by the author and with dedications for those who so requested.  The club will issue details of the launch for general sale in due course.

4 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

That's good to hear.  The plan is that everyone who supported the fundraising campaign by pre-ordering copies will have the opportunity of getting their copies before they go on general sale.  Those who ordered for books to be posted should be receiving their copies soon.  These are going out in 2 batches and the 2nd lot are not yet ready for dispatch, so even though The Mantis has his copy, don't panic if yours doesn't arrive for a few days.  Those who ordered for picking copies up from the stadium should be getting emails to say their copy is ready for collection.  Given the vital importance of keeping the stadium, Covid secure, please don't go to the stadium until you have confirmation your copies are ready for collection.

All pre-ordered copies have been signed by the author and with dedications for those who so requested.  The club will issue details of the launch for general sale in due course.

Got my email from the club to say my order is complete ... so assuming it will arrive in a few days in Canada post. Looking forward to putting one on the bookshelf for posterity and reading the other 🙂

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

DM me if youd like me to collect and post to you. 

Very kind of you to offer but hopefully I'll be up before too long to get my hands on it. Thanks though :smile:

The book is going on general sale on Wednesday.  Details here 

Everyone who pre-ordered a copy should have received an email to say their order is complete and either in the post or ready for collection from the club shop.  I will check with the club that this is the case. If you haven't received an email then I suggest you contact the club shop on Monday - but please check your junk box first!

I received an email saying my order is complete and the shipping method as stadium pick-up.  I've not been to collect it yet as I wasn't sure if this meant it was actually waiting for me to do so or if I had to wait until I was contacted by someone at the stadium - any advice/anyone else had same message and been to stadium to collect it?