Milestones & Memories

Scotty

1 hour ago, quizzer said:

I received an email saying my order is complete and the shipping method as stadium pick-up.  I've not been to collect it yet as I wasn't sure if this meant it was actually waiting for me to do so or if I had to wait until I was contacted by someone at the stadium - any advice/anyone else had same message and been to stadium to collect it?

The email is telling you your copy is ready to collect from the stadium so all you need to d is collect it from the stadium.

6 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

The book is going on general sale on Wednesday.  Details here 

Everyone who pre-ordered a copy should have received an email to say their order is complete and either in the post or ready for collection from the club shop.  I will check with the club that this is the case. If you haven't received an email then I suggest you contact the club shop on Monday - but please check your junk box first!

No email at all, not even in junk. Did see a tweet from the club at 6pm last night with general notification to the Twitter world that copies can now be picked up. Too late to do so with the shop closing at 2pm. Will have to be Monday then.

On 11/2/2020 at 9:19 AM, Scotty said:

Got my email from the club to say my order is complete ... so assuming it will arrive in a few days in Canada post. Looking forward to putting one on the bookshelf for posterity and reading the other 🙂

:sad: arrived today but wrapped in a Royal Mail bag apologizing for the damaged packaging underneath .. opened it up and the spine of both books is damaged. Not the end of the world and more Royal Mail's fault than ICT ... but kind of annoying as I wanted to keep at least one of them in pristine condition.  Have to say that after a quick look through the content, it is gonna make for a good read 🙂

19 hours ago, Row S said:

No email at all, not even in junk. Did see a tweet from the club at 6pm last night with general notification to the Twitter world that copies can now be picked up. Too late to do so with the shop closing at 2pm. Will have to be Monday then.

When you pre-ordered, did you do so on-line?  If so you, should have got a prompt email from PayPal to confirm your purchase.  That confirms not just your payment but the details of the order.  If you haven't received a recent email from the Club to confirm your order is complete, then make sure you have a copy of the PayPal email with you when you go to the club shop.

I sorted through all the books Ian had signed / dedicated to get them in alphabetical order for collection, so if you would like to PM me with your name I can check that you are on the list and that there is a book waiting for you.

On 11/7/2020 at 7:56 PM, DoofersDad said:

When you pre-ordered, did you do so on-line?  If so you, should have got a prompt email from PayPal to confirm your purchase.  That confirms not just your payment but the details of the order.  If you haven't received a recent email from the Club to confirm your order is complete, then make sure you have a copy of the PayPal email with you when you go to the club shop.

I sorted through all the books Ian had signed / dedicated to get them in alphabetical order for collection, so if you would like to PM me with your name I can check that you are on the list and that there is a book waiting for you.

I ordered in person at the club shop having taken down the completed form with my email address on it. I had gone in to buy some new merchandise - kids away top and 2 snoods. I paid for two copies of the book and a donation at the same time. I have a receipt which I'll take with me when I go back to the shop today lunchtime. I don't recall receiving an email to say that my order was completed though.

1 hour ago, Row S said:

I ordered in person at the club shop having taken down the completed form with my email address on it. I had gone in to buy some new merchandise - kids away top and 2 snoods. I paid for two copies of the book and a donation at the same time. I have a receipt which I'll take with me when I go back to the shop today lunchtime. I don't recall receiving an email to say that my order was completed though.

If its any help - and a good sign - it does look like there is an acknowledgement of a donation from someone with what I assume to be your name based on your registered email address here. 

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

If its any help - and a good sign - it does look like there is an acknowledgement of a donation from someone with what I assume to be your name based on your registered email address here. 

Thanks for checking that, Scotty.

My partner called me earlier to say that my two copies arrived in the post at home. She opened the package and the copies are unscathed. 

It's strange (but I'm happy) that they were posted out when had indicated that I would pick them up from the shop. Saved me a trip down there this lunch time.

I'll now look forward to reading through when I get home tonight.

Lovely lovely book.

The paper looks quality as well. I did not touch it so cannot be certain. My Footman advised me it had a lovely texture to it.

Now has pride of place in the football section of my Palace library. 👌

My arrived yesterday and survived the awful packaging, thank goodness. This really is a quality product and should have been packaged with a little more respect. I'll look forward to reading it from Christmas day as Mrs G will wrap it up for me until then. It will still be a surprise gift because by that time I'd have forgotten all about it 🤔😁

• Funny 1

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

It is just "Milestones and Memories" which was on the site, but I've had a word with the club and "Going Ballistic" should also be available on-line later today.

The euphoria over last night's dramatic win for Scotland is a reminder of just how good it feels when your small team overcomes the odds and achieves something.  Our club is a small club and in its short history has overcome the odds several times.  If last night made you feel good then you are going to just love "Milestones and Memories". It is full of recollections of those great days ICT supporters have been privileged to enjoy over the years.  If you haven't got your copy yet, then now's the time to order it.

Edited by DoofersDad
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

It is just "Milestones and Memories" which was on the site, but I've had a word with the club and "Going Ballistic" should also be available on-line later today.

Thanks, it’s on the site now and I’ve ordered a copy. 

• 1 month later...

With Christmas just around the corner what could be better for a late present or a brilliant read for yourself than a copy of "Milestones and Memories"!  There has been terrific feedback and and it really does bring back so many great memories of the club's first 25 years.

Reading through it will also reveal many facts and anecdotes that even the most ardent Caley Thistle fan will have been unaware of.  And with over 500 pictures there's a good chance you might even spot yourself in the book!

Why buy something less interesting from Amazon and add to their already vast wealth, when, with a click on the link below, you can support the club and spend many happy hours leafing through the pages of a truly wonderful book?  Let's face it, this is not going to be the greatest Christmas ever for most of us, so what better way to make it a good as possible than buying a copy of "Milestones and Memories" for friends and family or even your good self?

https://shop.ictfc.com/product/pre-order-milestones-memories-book

image.png

Enjoy those memories and have a happy Christmas!

• Like 1

I haven't had time to do more than flick through a couple of times but what I have seen is amazing.  I'm looking forward to having time to have a proper look over the Christmas holidays

• Like 1

A fitting and well deserved step by the club:

https://ictfc.com/top-honour-for-inverness-caledonian-thistle-fc-historian

Well done Ian. We are all grateful for the time and effort you have devoted over many years, and for writing two great books which we are all proud to have copies of. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1