Milestones & Memories

Scotty

indeed. Ian is one of those who tirelessly worked in the background since the club was formed. His stats are second to none and he still keeps them up to date, long after his official retiral. A completely deserved honour. 

I got my copy as a Christmas present, it's a terrific read for someone like me, a Sassenach, with no roots in Inverness or even Scotland, and for whom Caley first came to my attention on the 8th Feb 2000 and whose first live match was 20th October 2013 (v Partick). Reading it, brings home how incredible ICT's journey has been so far! And though I never got to see the likes of Tokely, Wilson, Sheerin and Wyness, let along Hayes, Rooney and (Charlie) Christie... these guys are all set in context, and I can see the overall picture. I must say it stirs the loins somewhat, and brings a tear to the eye, I can't wait for us to be rid of the damn pestulance, so that I can make my forays North again to see the boys in Red n Blue (or pink!)

• Like 3

Whilst reading my book in the bath (as you do) it occurred to me that there was no mention of transfers fees, probably because we don't seem to pay them, and any we get in seem to be 'undisclosed'...from my shorter time supporting the club, I can only recall Billy McKay, Ryan Christie and Ross Draper attracting any sort of fee.

Who else have we got a fee for?

Have we ever paid a transfer fee to get a player in?

We've paid plenty of fees, Paterson spent thousands on fees building his squad...but in those days it was highland league players we bought - not valued that highly but due to our Scottish League status we had to pay fees into thousands of pounds.

Players I can recall we have paid a fee for, with ballpark numbers based on my memory of media/internet speculation. We very rarely announced or confirmed fees.

John Rankin £65k

Adam Rooney £50k

iain Stewart £30k

Bobby Mann £25k

Martin Glancy £15k 😟

There might also have been smaller/nominal fees paid for Danny Williams, Steve Hislop, Richie Hart, Markus Paatelainen and others, but not sure. I’m sure others will be able to add to this.

Donaldson was, IIRC, £65,000 with a £35,000 bonus if County stayed up last season (which they did) so overall £100,000 for a player that isn't even making the bench for them just now and when he does play they automatically concede a goal :laugh:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Same thing for players sold.

Christie 500

Niculae 400

Rankin 100

Cowie 100

M Brown 100

Wilson 60-100

Robson 50

Proctor 35!!!

Bingham 20

Oakley 20

Donaldson 20

Xausa 15

Smart 15

Can you recall what we got McKay and Draper.... I think it was something like £150K for McKay, was Draper 100K?

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, RiG said:

Donaldson was, IIRC, £65,000 with a £35,000 bonus if County stayed up last season (which they did) so overall £100,000 for a player that isn't even making the bench for them just now and when he does play they automatically concede a goal :laugh:

I forgot we got money for Donaldson, and Oakley

20 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Same thing for players sold.

Christie 500

Niculae 400

Rankin 100

Cowie 100

M Brown 100

Wilson 60-100

Robson 50

Proctor 35!!!

Bingham 20