Bobby Munro

Kingsmills

Not strictly ICT related but I was sorry to read of the passing of Bobby Munro the Clach goalkeeper of the 50s and 60s

I am too young to remember seeing him play but my late father, a staunch Clach fan all his days, described him as the best and most agile goalkeeper ever to grace the Highlend League.

The Inverness football community is a close and tight knit one so I imagine that many would join me in offering condolences to his family  friends and surviving acquaintances and to Clach Foorball Club.

• Agree 2

Well before my time in so far as following Inverness football is concerned, however, my sincere condolences to all his family, friends and the Inverness football community. 

• Agree 1

I'm from that era but I must admit I don't recall him, although I do remember 'Eck'McDougall (father of the ex Scotland star, Ted) who was keeper in a really successful Clach side of the late 40s, and still there in the early 50s when Caley took over the mantle of 'best side in Inverness'.  I guess Munro followed him. So my condolances too to his family and friends.

• Like 1