Virtual season tickets

MorayJaggie

Is it worth the club looking at virtual season tickets for the current season and the future?. Would it not  give all clubs a source of income if fans were able to stream matches via club platforms and also have a pay per view option for away fans? It appears to be working well for the premiership teams where their games aren't televised. Fans could tune in from work holidays etc and the club gain extra revenue. What's folks thoughts?

1 hour ago, Stirling Observer said:

I believe there are restrictions from uefa about showing a 3pm Saturday ko unless you are streaming outside of your country. It's currently lifted for obvious reasons.

There are restrictions, but its the clubs themselves who submit what they want restricted direct to UEFA and they ratify it. I am not certain however if other neighbouring associations, like the FA for example could object on the grounds it could affect their attendances if the SFA wanted to unrestrict 3pm on a Saturday and they did not.

I think these restrictions may need to come to an end anyway though. It is maybe not a concern for ICT who fill 1500 seats out of 7700 capacity and can social distance the in-person crowd easily for most games, but some clubs have 100% or close to it in ticket sales and there is going to have to be some new normal for this both in the short and long term. Online season tickets seem like a good idea, and even by extension online season tickets for new viewers is another revenue stream that clubs should explore ....

Look at cinemas ... For donkeys years they have stuck the film in the cinema for a few weeks/months, then it went to DVD and Pay-Per-View, then it went to premium movie channels, and finally maybe 3 or 4 years later it ended up on normal telly ..... this summer cinemas are closed and many films (that didn't get their releases delayed) went straight to PPV before even going to DVD and some without a cinema release as they are empty or closed. Disney also just released Mulan and not only do you have to pay a big fee to watch it but until the New Year you also have to have Disney+ subscription on top of that ....  They are all tweaking their online models to adjust to the new normal and discovering or cementing new revenue streams while doing so. There is no reason football cannot do the same with online broadcasting. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2020 at 4:38 PM, MorayJaggie said:

Is it worth the club looking at virtual season tickets for the current season and the future?. Would it not  give all clubs a source of income if fans were able to stream matches via club platforms and also have a pay per view option for away fans? It appears to be working well for the premiership teams where their games aren't televised. Fans could tune in from work holidays etc and the club gain extra revenue. What's folks thoughts?

Streaming seems sorted now.

Can I get a job with your company since you are allowed to watch football when working? 🤭

On 10/16/2020 at 11:50 PM, MorayJaggie said:

Yup you just need to do 2 years training. 

Thank you for the offer dear subject, but I will stick with being 'Supreme Leader of North Korea' and doing whatever I like, whenever I like. 🤴

Edited by aaroncoganshogun
Typo