And so it begins.....

tm4tj

Ha ha. Not now! He is off along with Toshney and Fyffe with both Nicolsons and Harkness on. By my reckoning, only Devine, Welsh and Sutherland will have played the full 90. 

Finally no 6! A header by Harkness.

Immediately followed by a 7th by Toddy. 

Edited by Robert

Not really a contest as the early goals killed it. Good to see Welsh back playing. 

With 8 substitutions, it broke things up a bit, and the camera angle didn’t help in terms of forming views of players at times (but all credit to Nairn for streaming it), but players that stood out for me were Devine, who seemed the mainstay at the back and may well be a first pick, Mackay playing mainly on the left, and Storey, particularly first half. 

The players looked hungry, particularly in the first half, so hopefully an encouraging sign. 

Edited by Robert

Well done to Nairn for really good quality feed.  Good to see some live football at last and interesting to see how the new and young players got on.  The scoreline says a lot more about Nairn's defence than our attack, but an encouraging workout nonetheless.  Robbie Deas didn't have much to do for the short period he was on the park but I think he looks the business.

• Agree 1

That was a good watch.

Movement of the front 4 in the first half was very good. 

Particularly impressed by mackay and storeys switching positions and constant runs into channels. Also thought the balls forward from Mackay in goal and centrebacks used these well. Dont think the movement was as good or ridgers as direct in second half. 

Cameron and Ryan were decent but did lose possession a couple of times and just once Ryan was outmuscled in front of goal but on that showing we dont need a right back we need time for them to bed in with a consistent centre back pairing. 

I dont know who that is from this. 

Anyone pick out a centre back pair. 

6 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

That was a good watch.

Particularly impressed by mackay and storeys switching positions and constant runs into channels. Also thought the balls forward from Mackay in goal and centrebacks used these well. Dont think the movement was as good or ridgers as direct in second half. 

Cameron and Ryan were decent but did lose possession a couple of time

Not the stiffest of opposition but seven goals from seven different scorers and a clean sheet is very encouraging.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

That was a good watch.

Cameron and Ryan were decent but did lose possession a couple of times and just once Ryan was outmuscled in front of goal but on that showing we dont need a right back we need time for them to bed in with a consistent centre back pairing. 

I dont know who that is from this. 

Hard to given we only got brief highlights from Saturday and the camera angle last night. 

From what I’ve seen, I’d start with Devine and Deas, with Toshney as back up. We still have Mckay and McHattie to return but it would be good to develop a first choice pairing quickly. 

Any word on Mckay, McHattie, Carson, Vincent or Doran? It would be good if Carson and Doran, at least, could get game time before the competitive stuff starts. 

Edited by Robert

These friendly against gash teams are OK for confidence but really learn nothing from them surely we'll get a test against some even semi good side before the real stuff starts! Also gives and I'm using my wee man as an example a misplaced confidence he's got us down as running the jambos all the way to the wire now! 

For once I agree with Alan. Whilst I know Robbo is treating the Hearts and Cowdenbeath cup games as preseason games, the Hearts game will be a major test of how our team is shaping up, particularly if we are without some of the more experienced players. 

We often start slowly and have not got out of the group stages of the cup for some time, but equally we have not tended to score as often in preseason as we have this week. 

All we know is that it is too early to tell how our season will shape up.

This report is on the club website: 

https://ictfc.com/match-report-nairn-county-0-7-ictfc-29-09-2020

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Robert said:

For once I agree with Alan. Whilst I know Robbo is treating the Hearts and Cowdenbeath cup games as preseason games, the Hearts game will be a major test of how our team is shaping up, particularly if we are without some of the more experienced players. 

We often start slowly and have not got out of the group stages of the cup for some time, but equally we have not tended to score as often in preseason as we have this week. 

All we know is that it is too early to tell how our season will shape up.

This report is on the club website: 

https://ictfc.com/match-report-nairn-county-0-7-ictfc-29-09-2020

You've agreed way more than once my man it just not kwl 2 agree with me on here lot of happy clapping lol! Can't be treating any cup as a pre season that's a carry on no wonder we get spanked in it just play a few competitive games what u learning by beating a bunch of posties by a cricket score surely could've fixed up games against likes of Falkirk! A bad game against hearts will deflate the whole club last time we played them in the cup semi was a shameful surrender 

• Agree 1

Now that we have a taste for watching a live transmission of a friendly match, any word on how we will be able to watch the competitive games coming up, starting with Hearts in the League Cup this coming Tuesday? There was a mention of this being on Premier Sports. Forgive my ignorance, but how can this channel be accessed?

Then what about our home games in both the LC and Championship? With current Covid restrictions, I can't see fans being allowed inside any stadiums this side of Christmas. Until then our season tickets will remain 'virtual'. There is nothing on the official club website about transmission arrangements yet.

Perhaps I should have posted this reply on the Season Ahead thread.

Edited by Row S
afterthought on location of post

• tm4tj unfeatured, unpinned and featured this topic