And so it begins.....

tm4tj

4 minutes ago, Row S said:

Now that we have a taste for watching a live transmission of a friendly match, any word on how we will be able to watch the competitive games coming up, starting with Hearts in the League Cup this coming Tuesday? There was a mention of this being on Premier Sports. Forgive my ignorance, but how can this channel be accessed?

It's an additional set of channels that you sign up to on their website. It costs from £9.99 a month and you can watch it on your TV or with their online player. 

https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow

I think if you want it on Sky it costs £11.99 a month.

4 minutes ago, Row S said:

Then what about our home games in both the LC and Championship? With current Covid restrictions, I can't see fans being allowed inside any stadiums this side of Christmas. Until then our season tickets will remain 'virtual'. There is nothing on the official club website about transmission arrangements yet.

Scot Gardiner talks about streaming in The Wyness Shuffle podcast (skip to around the 13 minute mark in the pod). Basically the club are working on a system and have made steps to make this happen.

https://thewynessshuffle.podbean.com/e/conrad-fleem-the-replacements-a-season-preview/

6 hours ago, RiG said:

It's an additional set of channels that you sign up to on their website. It costs from £9.99 a month and you can watch it on your TV or with their online player. 

https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow

I think if you want it on Sky it costs £11.99 a month.

Scot Gardiner talks about streaming in The Wyness Shuffle podcast (skip to around the 13 minute mark in the pod). Basically the club are working on a system and have made steps to make this happen.

https://thewynessshuffle.podbean.com/e/conrad-fleem-the-replacements-a-season-preview/

That's very helpful, thanks. I have a decision to make about my BT package this month anyway with them raising the cost of their Sports bundle. Hopefully the club will announce the arrangements for streaming in time for the Cowdenbeath match.

I was under the understanding that if you purchased a season ticket that the first few home games held under closed doors would be able to be viewed free of charge...if restrictions are further imposed by the political regime then i would have expected more home games to be available to those season ticket holders!

7 hours ago, ictewd said:

I was under the understanding that if you purchased a season ticket that the first few home games held under closed doors would be able to be viewed free of charge...if restrictions are further imposed by the political regime then i would have expected more home games to be available to those season ticket holders!

On the pod (linked above) Gardiner says the current plan is to be able to broadcast the league games all being well.

12 hours ago, Row S said:

That's very helpful, thanks. I have a decision to make about my BT package this month anyway with them raising the cost of their Sports bundle. Hopefully the club will announce the arrangements for streaming in time for the Cowdenbeath match.

I kicked Sky Sports in to touch about 5 season ago. BT Sport soon followed. The later was ok initially as being a Broadband customer if was part of the package. I knew this wouldn't last long and sure enough BB customers could have it for 1/2 price. With both Sky and BT I only ever watched the football  and very little else so VFM was pish. My TV footy now is limited to council TV and Alba (scottish council TV)

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gringo said:

I kicked Sky Sports in to touch about 5 season ago. BT Sport soon followed. The later was ok initially as being a Broadband customer if was part of the package. I knew this wouldn't last long and sure enough BB customers could have it for 1/2 price. With both Sky and BT I only ever watched the football  and very little else so VFM was pish. My TV footy now is limited to council TV and Alba (scottish council TV)

I would do the same were it not for the fact that my sons would probably never speak to me again !

Ffs Elgin again what is the point get more of a test playing the jail team from mean machine! This could be the reason wer sluggish starters playing utter gash pre season teams! Who thinks of these games whoever it is should show an inkling of imagination that's sides our young guns should be beating 

4 hours ago, Gringo said:

Like you I belong to a generation where you got maybe the cup final and the odd international live, and that was a treat.  So I think the televising of league football is a no-no. In fact I think television has ruined the game but that's another argument.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Like you I belong to a generation where you got maybe the cup final and the odd international live, and that was a treat.  So I think the televising of league football is a no-no. In fact I think television has ruined the game but that's another argument.

More specifically the obscene amounts of money poured into the elite leagues by television has ruined the game.

I remember the days when a top professional footballer got paid about the same as an experienced hospital consultant. Now the top players earn as much in two months as a doctor could expect to earn in an entire career. An obscene distortion of priorities driven by TV money.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I would do the same were it not for the fact that my sons would probably never speak to me again !

When my son was working and living at home I decided to stop Sky because of the price but he said 'you can't do that I won't get the football'  I said you can pay for it then.  He did that till he moved out and then it was cancelled!

• Like 1

ICT FC Team v Clach

Cammy Mackay, Brad Mckay, Ryan Fyffe, Harry Nicolson, Lewis Nicolson, Lewis Hyde, Kane Davies, Robbie Thompson, Shane Harkness, Daniel MacKay, Harry Hennem. 

Subs: Ridgers, MacInnes, Riddle, Boyce, Cairns, Eaglesham, Kerr.

Posted on twitter after 36 minutes:

Tight game so far with the only real chance being Lewis Nicolson’s free-kick which was tipped over after 15 minutes.

Daniel MacKay just had a header held by the Clach keeper after meeting Lewis Nicolson’s cross.

37 minutes:
Shane Harkness forces a save from the Clach keeper has he drills a shot from a tight angle

41 minutes:

Chances starting to come now! Another great cross from Lewis Nicolson is just missed by Hennem and falls to Daniel MacKay in middle but his low effort is wide.

Edited by Robert

Suddenly two quick goals so 2-0 just before half time: Robbie Thomson and Daniel Mackay. 

Mackay crossed for the first and won the penalty that he scored for the second. 

49 minutes: Harry Nicolson sees his free kick from about 25 yards tipped wide

65 minutes: Good ball from Brad Mckay finds Daniel MacKay in the middle. He does well to get a shot away but his effort was wide.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

ICT FC Team v Clach

Cammy Mackay, Brad Mckay, Ryan Fyffe, Harry Nicolson, Lewis Nicolson, Lewis Hyde, Kane Davies, Robbie Thompson, Shane Harkness, Daniel MacKay, Harry Hennem. 

Subs: Ridgers, MacInnes, Riddle, Boyce, Cairns, Eaglesham, Kerr.

All the outfield subs used. Still 2-0 with around 10 to play. From the limited coverage, sounds like Daniel Mackay is man of the match (albeit he is off now).

Full time 2-0. Hopefully a good run out for the youngsters and game time for Mckay. Wonder if he will be right back against Hearts on Tuesday?

Edited by Robert

15 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Ffs Elgin again what is the point get more of a test playing the jail team from mean machine! This could be the reason wer sluggish starters playing utter gash pre season teams! Who thinks of these games whoever it is should show an inkling of imagination that's sides our young guns should be beating 

All about fitness Alan. Doesn't matter who we play. I take your point though but it was never going to happen with the current financial and Covid situation. No point arranging to play a big team if nobody can go and watch it. The Elgins, Nairns and Clachs are fine by me. 

• Agree 1

Testing everything this weekend I thought jack. 

Attendee lists from both clubs 24hrs in advance .

Temperature scans of all entrees.

Access and egress plans. 

Toilets. Dugouts . Etc. 

Sure cameras will get an internal test as well. Did volounteer 2 hours of my time as a tester but rejected like a fat kid at his first disco. ( A feeling I remember well.)

9 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

9÷ 0-0: Early change needed for ICTFC

Lewis Toshney is forced off with injury and Ryan Fyffe is on.

Toshney injured again? Not a big surprise unfortunately. 

As someone asked on Twitter, where are Doran, Carson and Vincent? 

• tm4tj unfeatured, unpinned and featured this topic