And so it begins.....

tm4tj

2 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

I see brechin are going to have PPV For their match v Dundee Utd this weekend and it's open to both sets of fans. Why are we so behind at sorting this for our fans?

Even Kelty Hearts are streaming and charging £12.50 for their cup game. 

It is no great surprise that we seem to be lagging behind in this regard.

Whilst, over the years, we have had some amazing success and achievements on the pitch, our commercial and technical activities seem often stuck almost at Highland League level.

In fairness, we don’t know that yet. Our first home game is not until next Tuesday and something may be in place for then. 

As a season ticket holder, I’m happy to pay per match for cup games but hopefully we do get free access to home league games, with the opportunity to make a donation if we are able to. 

Edited by Robert

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

As a season ticket holder, I’m happy to pay per match for cup games but hopefully we do get free access to home league games, with the opportunity to make a donation if we are able to. 

As an exile and a non-season ticket holder, I'd be happy to pay per match for all games.

There were over 500 watching the friendly at Nairn.  There IS an audience out there.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

The club phoned me a few weeks back confirming my email address as they are looking into streaming games as they will behind closed doors at the start. 
Haven't heard or seen anything since. We are on Premier Sports tomorrow night.

Also Cowdenbeath game kick off has changed....

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/caley-thistle-league-cup-match-is-moved-to-6-30pm-214270/

Getting something set up to stream league games is progressing and the club is hoping to have everything in place for that. The League Cup games may come too soon however.

Of course the original plan was to have fans in grounds by now so I can understand why the club, given how short of cash they are, probably weren't willing to start shelling out for the necessary equipment and infrastructure upgrades until it was more certain that fans were not going to be present.

• Agree 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Getting something set up to stream league games is progressing and the club is hoping to have everything in place for that. The League Cup games may come too soon however.

Of course the original plan was to have fans in grounds by now so I can understand why the club, given how short of cash they are, probably weren't willing to start shelling out for the necessary equipment and infrastructure upgrades until it was more certain that fans were not going to be present.

However league two, one and highland league clubs managed it? And had the foresight to have it in place for cup games? 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

However league two, one and highland league clubs managed it? And had the foresight to have it in place for cup games? 

How many of those clubs are losing £800,000 a year, have had to beg from hand outs from parents to keep their kids in football training at the club and have been cutting everything they possibly can left right and centre in an effort to save cash?

It would be great if ICT did have a video streaming service ready to go for the League Cup games but at a time when things are changing almost on a daily basis I'll be content if we get it right for the league. If we don't have it ready for the first league match then I'll be more inclined to grumble.

May as well flag up this Tweet which appears to be an offer for Sky customers to grab Premier Sports for £1 for the first month with a code. You can cancel it after a months up before you start paying £11.99.

The code doesn't seem to work if you try to subscribe to Premier Sports online player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MorayJaggie said:

Do you ever post anything positive about ICT? Just wondering. 

2 hours ago, RiG said:

How many of those clubs are losing £800,000 a year, have had to beg from hand outs from parents to keep their kids in football training at the club and have been cutting everything they possibly can left right and centre in an effort to save cash?

It would be great if ICT did have a video streaming service ready to go for the League Cup games but at a time when things are changing almost on a daily basis I'll be content if we get it right for the league. If we don't have it ready for the first league match then I'll be more inclined to grumble.

All football clubs are hemmoraghing money in similar situations as us. But seem to be trying more to engage with fans and allow them to view games. Montrose sorted it out months ago and had it as part of their season ticket deal. No excuse saying but we are losing this much money. All clubs are in the same boat and it's a revenue stream that should have been well planned for as fans were never going to be allowed back especially after we saw in Spain France etc over a month ago a rise in cases. Club have totally been caught napping here.

• Agree 1

What I dont get, and why I gave a confused emoji on the original post by @RiG was the club already upgraded their infrastructure, equipment and bandwidth when we were in the Premiership? I get it that we may have cancelled/downgraded the contract for the streaming services / monthly bandwidth but did the previous regime also sell the family silver in terms of the equipment? 

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

What I dont get, and why I gave a confused emoji on the original post by @RiG was the club already upgraded their infrastructure, equipment and bandwidth when we were in the Premiership? I get it that we may have cancelled/downgraded the contract for the streaming services / monthly bandwidth but did the previous regime also sell the family silver in terms of the equipment? 

Nathan Austin stole it and gave it to Kelty Hearts

9 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

All football clubs are hemmoraghing money in similar situations as us. But seem to be trying more to engage with fans and allow them to view games. Montrose sorted it out months ago and had it as part of their season ticket deal. No excuse saying but we are losing this much money. All clubs are in the same boat and it's a revenue stream that should have been well planned for as fans were never going to be allowed back especially after we saw in Spain France etc over a month ago a rise in cases. Club have totally been caught napping here.

ICT wrote to fans months ago regarding new season tickets and in that letter stated that they hoped to offer streaming of matches when the league campaign kicked off. Pending a test of the camera system they have said they may be able to offer fans the chance to view the Cowdenbeath game (and you would then imagine the East Fife game) but the position the club were taking has been set out for a long time and that was it would be ready for the start of the league campaign. A number of other clubs haven't gotten their PPV streaming setups ready to go yet whilst others, including Montrose, only launched their ones recently. Yes that does mean that ICT, potentially, will be one of the last teams to offer such a service to supporters but at the end of the day, when the world has seemingly been turned upside down because of COVID-19, I'm willing to cut the club some slack on any delay in sorting out the streaming. Providing all goes well, you will miss out on two games. That's it.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

No idea I'm afraid. Gardiner, in the latest pod, simply says that "we now have the camera system in the stadium, we have new BT fibre connecting all of that up it's operational and we're looking at doing a test in the coming days." If we are to take that at face value it sounds like whatever equipment and infrastructure was at the ground wasn't deemed to be good enough :furtive:

4 hours ago, FrontRow said:

Anyone got an idea which pubs in Inverness have Premier Sports? 

Pubs are not allowed to broadcast football or music etc. You can watch the news though. 

Don't get angry like Moray Jaggie about it all lol 😆 

2 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

I thought you could watch it, with the commentary at low volume?   Which is surely not a bad thing  :lol:

Yes indeed. I was watching Leeds v Man City in the Blackfriars on Saturday evening. The sound was muted but the sub-titles were on.

Hearts TV are broadcasting the match tonight to their subscribers (£59.99 for the season). It will not be live, however, as they are not allowed to do that at the same time as the Premier Sports broadcast. The transmission will be delayed by 15 minutes therefore. 

• tm4tj unfeatured, unpinned and featured this topic