New No. 9

• 2 weeks later...

With Toddy going for 77 and Sutherland being 11, if Storey has wanted the 9 shirt I’m sure he could have had it. 

What’s more important is getting a formation and tactics that work so that whether we have one or two strikers playing we make chances and they convert them. 

• Agree 1

It's very simple. Without a number 9 to spearhead the attack we are all confused, players, fans and even the management. 

It's football, not the numbers game on Countdown where you can get by without a number 9. 

20 hours ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

It's very simple. Without a number 9 to spearhead the attack we are all confused, players, fans and even the management. 

It's football, not the numbers game on Countdown where you can get by without a number 9. 

Why don't we give the no 9 shirt to one of the defenders? That could confuse the opposition and lead them to mark the wrong guy at set pieces thereby giving our strikers a better chance of getting a goal some time soon. It's such a brilliant strategy I don't know why nobody has done that before - oh duh, we gave it to Jordan! 

2 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

Why don't we give the no 9 shirt to one of the defenders? That could confuse the opposition and lead them to mark the wrong guy at set pieces thereby giving our strikers a better chance of getting a goal some time soon. It's such a brilliant strategy I don't know why nobody has done that before - oh duh, we gave it to Jordan! 

Jim McLean used to do that occasionally for Dundee United in Europen competitions back in the days when players were one to eleven on their shirts with no names.

It did indeed often used to confuse the opposition for the first chunk of the match.

Maybe Kai Kennedy will be number 9. He was not listed in the squad in the Cowdenbeath programme. Albeit I don't think a loan signing should get such a prestigious number. 

I originally thought that aaroncoganshogun was talking metaphorically, and saying that we are lacking a player in the traditional centre-forward/No 9/striker style. 

Someone to lead the attack, to be the focus of crosses, and most importantly, to stick the ball in the net with regularity.  We are certainly lacking that.

But now I'm beginning to think that he really is talking literally about the numbers on the shirts... ☹️

My mind is made up my dear.

We should give today's match commentator the number 9 shirt? He would then at least know the name of one ICT player. 

1 hour ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

We should give today's match commentator the number 9 shirt? He would then at least know the name of one ICT player. 

He was as good at the commentary today as he was at scoring when he was here before so no thanks! 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

True, but it looked like the linesman got a fair amount of action too, barely saw anyone else putting in work.

6 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Commentator is called Andrew Bannerman

Footballer is called Andrew Barrowman

Schoolboy error, tut tut.

Well spotted. Could do with a hawkeye like yourself in my security detail. Fancy a trip to North Korea? 🤠