Hearts League Cup

tm4tj

I see Montrose have given County a scare tonight coming from 3 down to draw 3-3 before County scraped a penalty win.

Reflecting on last night, it makes our performance all the more creditable given the lack of game time and level of injuries. Any word on how serious Sutherland’s injury is?

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Robert said:

I see Montrose have given County a scare tonight coming from 3 down to draw 3-3 before County scraped a penalty win.

Reflecting on last night, it makes our performance all the more creditable given the lack of game time and level of injuries. Any word on how serious Sutherland’s injury is?

I seen that and was supporting Montrose for the first time ever :lol:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

The fact that Brora and Kelty have done pretty well against Premiership opposition is proof enough that rejecting reconstruction was a massive mistake 

But the old boys network don't want the chance of other clubs coming up into the SPFL it was always like that and always will be!

• Agree 2

I don't think you can make that conclusion after just one game though I do agree that having Brora and / or Kelty into the SPFL would be of greater benefit than some of the central belt sponge teams going nowhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I don't think you can make that conclusion after just one game though I do agree that having Brora and / or Kelty into the SPFL would be of greater benefit than some of the central belt sponge teams going nowhere.

I mean if you compare them to Brechin, who had home advantage and got pumped 6-2 by a team that's just back into the Prem and hasn't been on the best form, they're a considerably worse side

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

I mean if you compare them to Brechin, who had home advantage and got pumped 6-2 by a team that's just back into the Prem and hasn't been on the best form, they're a considerably worse side

As things stand a bunch of kids having a kickabout down the park are probably better than Brechin.

Last night just made a mockery of the fact the spfl mucked up with not allowing Brora and Keith Hearts into the league. Bot clubs (justifiably) must be sitting with a smirk on their face today after their performances against higher league opposition and the capitulation that Brechin put out. It was mentioned on the premier sport coverage that both hearts and ourselves have something to prove this season as we are apparently aggrieved by the way the end of last season was handled. 

28 minutes ago, gingerjaggy said:

I dont know where is read it but i am sure the SPFL said the pyramid would be closed this season too , which is an absolute tragedy if true  

If true that's an outrage as Brechin are going to be bottom again for sure. There is no reason for the pyramid to be suspended for another year. 

4 hours ago, gingerjaggy said:

I dont know where is read it but i am sure the SPFL said the pyramid would be closed this season too , which is an absolute tragedy if true  

Have just checked their rules and regs dated 30 Sep 2020,  and that's NOT in there.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 30-Sep-20 (MASTER COPY B) CLEAN.pdf

44 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Have just checked their rules and regs dated 30 Sep 2020,  and that's NOT in there.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 30-Sep-20 (MASTER COPY B) CLEAN.pdf

No guarantee that the self preservation society won't move the goalposts half way through.

I would put nothing past our disgraceful and incompetent football authorities.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic