Cowdenbeath League Cup

Robert

According to the BBC, Scott Allardice scored 2 of the penalties!😱

2. Post update

Goal! Inverness CT 0(4), Cowdenbeath 0(2). Scott Allardice (Inverness CT) converts the penalty with a right footed shot to the bottom left corner.

3. Post update

Penalty saved! Kris Robertson (Cowdenbeath) fails to capitalise on this great opportunity, right footed shot saved in the centre of the goal.

4. Post update

Goal! Inverness CT 0(3), Cowdenbeath 0(2). Scott Allardice (Inverness CT) converts the penalty with a right footed shot to the top left corner.

Yngwie!  you beat me to it!

Edited by DoofersDad

Disappointing not to beat Cowdenbeath and we are unlikely to progress in this competition.

However, there are positives to take. We need to find our scoring boots but we have now played 180 minutes of competitive football without conceding in open play and we have another 90 minutes of football under our belts.

Decent preparation for the vital league campaign ahead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

Caught me out for my NPL prediction right enough, thought it was 7pm - doh!

I've accepted your entry (only because I didn't notice the time as I thought it was locked...my bad). I edited the lock time to 18:30 but looks like it didn't safe. User error. Brain fart or just old. 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Disappointing not to beat Cowdenbeath and we are unlikely to progress in this competition.

However, there are positives to take. We need to find our scoring boots but we have now played 180 minutes of competitive football without conceding in open play and we have another 90 minutes of football under our belts.

Decent preparation for the vital league campaign ahead.

Disappointing yes but with very limited preparation and warm up games it's to be expected...maybe. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I've accepted your entry (only because I didn't notice the time as I thought it was locked...my bad). I edited the lock time to 18:30 but looks like it didn't safe. User error. Brain fart or just old. 

Cheers Gringo old buddy - think the only thing I'd have got right tonight would have been the crowd prediction! 😄

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

Cheers Gringo old buddy - think the only thing I'd have got right tonight would have been the crowd prediction! 😄

To be fair, not much different to the sort of attendance we would get in this competition in normal times for a home game against Cowden'.

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1

They ran Hearts close at the weekend so maybe not as bad as it first appears. However, Dunfermline have 9 points from their 3 games so we will need to be sharper on Saturday. No goals scored in 180 competitive minutes so far despite creating a number of chances. Judging by the BBC and Twitter updates, Daniel Mackay was our top player. Be interesting to hear what anyone on the A9 or watching a dodgy feed felt. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gringo said:

Disappointing yes but with very limited preparation and warm up games it's to be expected...maybe. 

Dunfermline put 3 past premier opposition tonight. Peterhead beat utd the other night. I don't think we can use the excuse of limited preparation as all These clubs have had he same preparation as us.

Didn't see the game tonight. Goals may well be our biggest problem. Both of you look at service/assists and ability to take our chances.

McKay/Sutherland/Storey might be able to flash in a cross but don't really have the guile to get past a man and cause real danger for opposition defences. 

Doran has this ability but is still out. Kennedy may have this capacity but only time will tell. 

I don't really have faith that Storey, Todorov have that killer instinct. Sutherland hasn't been given a chance up top but has a good record at a lower level. 

It's not a great mix. Hopefully one of the strikers will get a run and prove me wrong.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Worrying especially after dunfermline put 3 past Kilmarnock tonight and kept a clean sheet and we had 75% possession with 6 or 7 shots on target against cowdenbeath. 

Kilmarnock only had 5 senior players available last night due to COVID. The team was made from U18s so I wouldn’t read too much into that score. 
It was made clear that the cup was being used as pre season so I wouldn’t expect things to click yet. Lot of key players not back and others being tried in different positions and set ups  

Sutherland and Storey are, I assume, our best striking options. Both injured. Both hamstring. Not sure what the other injuries are but what kind of training are we doing with so many out this early? I realise they’ve been off for a while but I’m surprised by that injury list. 

Edited by FrontRow
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Worrying especially after dunfermline put 3 past Kilmarnock tonight and kept a clean sheet and we had 75% possession with 6 or 7 shots on target against cowdenbeath. 

Almost, if not more than, half of the Killie side were reserve / youth players. 

Still an impressive result however and Dunfermline have recruited well over the summer backed from Germany so they'll be fancied to finish higher up than us in the league. If they had a competent manager they might even win the whole thing.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Almost, if not more than, half of the Killie side were reserve / youth players. 

Still an impressive result however and Dunfermline have recruited well over the summer backed from Germany so they'll be fancied to finish higher up than us in the league. If they had a competent manager they might even win the whole thing.

5 full time professionals and several u18s all in full time training like Kennedy. As opposed to us dominating a part time lower division team and not being able to score and as Robbo has said in the P and J todorov missed an open goal. Remember we have a lot of young players in our starting line up now. Like Killie had the other night. 

It's another game on the way to match sharpness,  we created a few chances against hearts, but for better finishing and decision making we might have done better. Sounds like an inspired away team defensive display last night.

35 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

...Remember we have a lot of young players in our starting line up now. Like Killie had the other night. 

Are you suggesting we get hammered by Dunfermline?? They will certainly present more of a challenge to our defence than Cowdenbeath, but I'm pretty sure they won't be parking their defence either which means there should be a goal or two.

Penalties again? 😉

• tm4tj unpinned this topic