Dunfermline (A) 17 October 2020 - Build Up and Streaming Info

RiG

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

Some cracking goals at Tynecastle tonight. 4-1 @HT. 

Didn’t watch it but 6-2 makes our result last week seem even more creditable. I see Liam Boyce scored. I’ve not forgiven him for scoring 10 against us in the 4 league games with County in our relegation season. 

3 minutes ago, Robert said:

Didn’t watch it but 6-2 makes our result last week seem even more creditable. I see Liam Boyce scored. I’ve not forgiven him for scoring 10 against us in the 4 league games with County in our relegation season. 

Boyce  was doing his job, pity our defence didn't do theirs. 

29 minutes ago, Robert said:

On the assumption that Toshney, Carson, Doran, Kennedy, Storey and Sutherland are all missing tomorrow, this will be a tough opener. For what it’s worth, my suggested starting 11:

Ridgers

Duffy Devine Deas McHattie

Welsh Allardice

Mackay Keatings MacGregor

Todorov

Lets get off to a flyer guys and make our £12 donation to Dunfermline feel worth while. 

Yeah I'd agree with that starting 11. Would be nice to have Shane fit and starting up top. I reckon he would of finished some of the chances Todorov has missed in the last couple games. Any word how long he's out for?

Would be good to know what the issues are with Carson and Doran too and how long they will be out for. Carson must have been close to an ever present last season and impressed me with his work rate and attitude so we are missing him.

10 hours ago, Robert said:

We basically played the Hearts reserve side. Last night was the Hearts first team. They'll cigar the league. 

16 hours ago, Robert said:

On the assumption that Toshney, Carson, Doran, Kennedy, Storey and Sutherland are all missing tomorrow, this will be a tough opener. For what it’s worth, my suggested starting 11:

Ridgers

Duffy Devine Deas McHattie

Welsh Allardice

Mackay Keatings MacGregor

Todorov

Lets get off to a flyer guys and make our £12 donation to Dunfermline feel worth while. 

I think it's very likely that this is what Robbo will go for, unless he prefers McKay and Harper to Devine and McHattie. I'd go for exactly the same back four and midfield two as you; the one change I'd quite like to see (but I don't see any chance of Robbo making it) is Toddy dropping out, Keating playing as our 9 and Vincent coming in, either as the 10 or on the right of the three. I worry that with Todorov starting we'll be too quick to start  just trying to hit him with long balls, and nothing really seems to stick to him. Obviously Keatings' tendency to drop deep to try to pick up the ball could be frustrating in such a formation, but he claimed in our podcast interview over the summer that he'd like to play as a 9, so this would be his chance. As I said though, I don't see Robbo starting like that. 

Beers in the fridge and properly excited about this, even though I see Dunfermline as clear favourites today.  

Edited by alternative maryhill
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:one change I'd quite like to see (but I don't see any chance of Robbo making it) is Toddy dropping out, Keating playing as our 9 and Vincent coming in, either as the 10 on the right of the three. I worry that with Todorov starting we'll be too quick to start  just trying to hit him with long balls, and nothing really seems to stick to him. Obviously Keatings' tendency to drop deep to try to pick up the ball could be frustrating in such a formation, but he claimed in our podcast interview over the summer that he'd like to play as a 9, so this would be his chance. As I said though, I don't see Robbo starting like that.  

That would be interesting and mean a change of style which could be beneficial as we tend to be good when we move the ball quickly. Vincent did play in an advanced role at times in his first spell when he effectively replaced Andy Shinnie. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

That would be interesting and mean a change of style which could be beneficial as we tend to be good when we move the ball quickly. Vincent did play in an advanced role at times in his first spell when he effectively replaced Andy Shinnie. 

Team Pars.pngIt's as you predicted, with the exception of McKay for Devine.

Pars Team

1 Owain Fôn Williams 2 Aaron Comrie 3 Josh Edwards 44 PaulWatson 5 Euan Murray (c) 11 Ryan Dow 15 Iain Wilson 8 Kyle Turner 23 Dom Thomas 7 Kevin O’Hara 10 Declan McManus

Subs

4 Lewis Martin 14 Lewis McCann 18 Paul Allan 21 Fraser Murray 22 Lewis Mayo 24 Kerr McInroy 20 Cammy Gill (GK)

• tm4tj featured this topic

We started well but didn’t maintain it. Good goal but we’ve created few other chances. Pretty even so could go either way. We need to get the ball to Mackay when we can as he has been our most likely creator. 

A bright start, great ball in from Mackay. All downhill after that. All neat and tidy from back to middle but we're not offering anything up front. Pars are at least keeping it on the deck whereas we're just lumping it. Still at least the predicted hiding hasn't materialised, they haven't threatened much either.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • RiG unfeatured this topic