Indispensable

CaleyTennis

Virgil van Dijk's long term injury has me thinking, who would be the one player ICT couldn't do without for a large part of the season :ictscarf:

I'd say possibly Mark Ridgers but Tbh, Cameron Mackay could be an able deputy. 

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this :-). 

Ridgers would be a big loss but as you say Cameron is a capable replacement. With the current squad it's difficult to single  out an individual as we're already thin on the ground. 

• tm4tj changed the title to Indispensible
6 hours ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

My cousin - Aaron Brian Doran Cogan

Unfortunately your cousin Aaron's appalling injury record over all the years he has been with us has meant that we just have had to consider him "dispensible".  I would reckon that he has missed more than 50% of the games he could have played if fully fit.  A great shame as when fit and on form he really could be indispesible.

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Unfortunately your cousin Aaron's appalling injury record over all the years he has been with us has meant that we just have had to consider him "dispensible".  I would reckon that he has missed more than 50% of the games he could have played if fully fit.  A great shame as when fit and on form he really could be indispesible.

I agree. Fine player as he is, through no fault of his own, Doran is persistently and consistently injury prone. One reason why he is still with us and not plying his trade at a higher level.

For that reason alone, he has to be regarded as an occasional luxury rather than in any way indespensible.

We now have a squad made up of entirely of journeymen which means that no single player can be regarded as indespensible but, with such a thin squad, we can't afford to dispense with very many at any one time.

• tm4tj changed the title to Indispensable

Surely it was Billy McKay, as we've struggled to find a regular goal scorer since.

If I could turn the question around slightly...probably the one person we'd like to be injury free for the season is Lewis Toshney, after that it would be Aaron Doran, after that David Carson, and after that Sean Welsh...If we had those four guys in the side on a regular basis, I think we would do pretty well

….. and obviously Billy McKay back

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Shame he opted for no 77 when no 9 is available!!! Lol!!

Very true. My thoughts exactly. Glad you are now on the same wavelength. Welcome to a higher level. 👏