Details for streaming home games

Robert

8 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Loving the stream delay. Getting the goal notification looooooooong before Toddy actually scored. Nice addition to the list of what needs to be fixed

Why have you got alerts on for a game you are watching ?

12 minutes ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

Joking aside, I will be emailing the club to say I think the footage quality is not good enough.

I just hope Dick Campbell wears a hat next Saturday or we will spend 90 minutes of watching his baldie head. 

May as well add spflsupport@streamamg.com to that. I think many others from both clubs will be.

Well that was a bit of a disappointment! Despite having my registration confirmed on Thursday, couldn’t access the game today as I hadn’t subscribed apparently. Wouldn’t accept my code again as it had already been redeemed. No response to two messages to helpline. Izzy has had exactly the same problem. Thank god for Todorov or I would have had to compensate with even more gin tonight!

Glad of a point but it was a bit tortuous to watch. They did pretty well in the circumstances of having so many injuries though. 

If the poor quality of the broadcast continues like that I think I might be swayed to watch the Wales v Scotland rugby match next Saturday. I can skip through the playback of the Arbroath game later.

Do they do season ticket refunds. What a poor service £260 or whatever for this. And yes im being a bit sarcastic like many I’d never ask for it back but a lot of money for a shortened season and then to be lumbered with this poor quality service is like a smack in the face with a wet fish. And i rarely if ever do I complain on a forum 😀  would we willingly donate for anything else with such a poor product I highly doubt it   For the first time I actually feel really taken for granted 😢

• Agree 1

I thought the broadcast was decent enough, apart from when the ball was not in play like waiting for a corner and the AI went in search of it.

The commentator has a difficult job without a sidekick or a support team in his ear and was ok with that in mind but just wasn’t adequately familiar with the players on the pitch. That needs to improve and he could have been better prepared in terms of recognising them.

• Agree 7
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

the club really need to up their game with the coverage as people have paid good money for this

Don't think there will be anything they can do, since contracts will have been signed. They may not even have the option of lowering the price.

Just going to have to learn to live with it, and hope that the AI is smart enough to learn about the Scottish game!

• Agree 1

I understand the difficulties involved in setting up coverage from scratch but the quality of that coverage really wasn't good enough for paying customers of any business.

The quality of the coverage was worse than the quality of the football which is really saying something.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That coverage was hilarious. A commentator who didn’t know more than 20% of the players names. You suddenly realise that even Billy Dodds and the Radio Scotland crew are actually nit that bad after him! A camera guided by AI which missed so many incidents because it kept focusing on the linesman’s baldy napper. Camera was so far away from play it was difficult to work out who was who. Honestly think the club would be better doing it on Facebook live if that’s the ‘quality’ 

as if 2020 needed to be any worse in quality!!

No idea who played well but delighted we got the draw and we’ll done to all the boys for battling it out . 

• Agree 1

Camera really should have been on the West side, that’s probably down to ICT.
No zooms, no replays, terrible AI, terrible commentator, just ICT getting what you pay for I suppose.
Anybody know what cut ICT get from this SPFL deal? Presumably the Pars made a reasonable profit from 1700 subscribers last week doing it in-house.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

The two orange patches on the far side and the straight-edged band across the middle don't move when the camera moves.  So they are not real-time lens effects.

Well, they were.  The camera wasn't moving.

In case there are any other techies here, I worked out a few things about the system.

The Pixellot website - https://www.pixellot.tv/ - mentions a "multi-camera fixed rig system" in the centre of the ground, stitching together a panoramic picture of the pitch.

The ICT system used four cameras.  Two were looking across to midway inside each half.  The straight line across the ground and into the sky was where the images from these two cameras were stitched together by the system. That's why there were differences in colour and sharpness there - two different cameras. Would have thought that the system should be able to compensate better for that.

There were two other cameras, one covering each end.  The sloping lines where their images were stitched to the central camera images were quite clear, once I knew what to look for, and especially after the sun had gone.

So four cameras in all, but no camera was actually moving. The system was stitching together the four camera feeds into one big picture of the ground.  It was then deciding which part of that picture to show to us, and whether to zoom in or out - just like you or me deciding which part of a very large screen to look at.

Clearly, it was mistaking the linesman's head for the ball, which made me wonder how the AI had learned to follow a game.  It suggests that the great majority of the people in the games that it has "watched" have had plenty of hair.  Made me wonder about that other common flaw in machine learning, namely using only white people whilst it is learning. Probably not such a problem here, because it is watching people moving, and not, for example, trying to do facial recognition.

Clearly very far from perfect - but interesting for a (former) nerd like me.  :computer:

• Funny 1

3 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Well, they were.  The camera wasn't moving.

In case there are any other techies here, I worked out a few things about the system.

The Pixellot website - https://www.pixellot.tv/ - mentions a "multi-camera fixed rig system" in the centre of the ground, stitching together a panoramic picture of the pitch.

The ICT system used four cameras.  Two were looking across to midway inside each half.  The straight line across the ground and into the sky was where the images from these two cameras were stitched together by the system. That's why there were differences in colour and sharpness there - two different cameras. Would have thought that the system should be able to compensate better for that.

There were two other cameras, one covering each end.  The sloping lines where their images were stitched to the central camera images were quite clear, once I knew what to look for, and especially after the sun had gone.

So four cameras in all, but no camera was actually moving. The system was stitching together the four camera feeds into one big picture of the ground.  It was then deciding which part of that picture to show to us, and whether to zoom in or out - just like you or me deciding which part of a very large screen to look at.

Clearly, it was mistaking the linesman's head for the ball, which made me wonder how the AI had learned to follow a game.  It suggests that the great majority of the people in the games that it has "watched" have had plenty of hair.  Made me wonder about that other common flaw in machine learning, namely using only white people whilst it is learning. Probably not such a problem here, because it is watching people moving, and not, for example, trying to do facial recognition.

Clearly very far from perfect - but interesting for a (former) nerd like me.  :computer:

So in summary, we need Assistant Referee's (Linesman is so last century lol) with a Mullett to officiate our home matches so we can actually see the game? 

Edited by aaroncoganshogun
Typo

15 minutes ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

So in summary, we need Assistant Referee's (Linesman is so last century lol) with a Mullett to officiate our home matches so we can actually see the game? 

I am also so last century ☹️   But "linesman" is shorter...

You know these matches where the ref leads everyone out of the tunnel and takes the ball off a plinth?   We could set up something similar with hairpieces for follically-challenged officials.

• Funny 1

Bloody glad we achieved a point after a pretty poor performance, Not much to be confident about on the pitch, Basic tactics mostly consisting mainly of lumping it up towards Todarov ( Brewster he ain't ).

I'll put it down to a makeshift team with a sprinkling of young inexperienced players, Combined with a fair pile of wayward passes, But what worries me most is the lack of pace in the side, None of our back 4 would be described as anything more than 'cumbersome '

Of the players out injured only Storey can give us pace, Kennedy might give us something but that remains to be seen.

Next weeks game vs Arbroath is becoming crucial even at this early stage of a short season. 

Edited by caley100
  • Agree 2

I really enjoyed that.

It felt like I was at my seat. 

My low concentration and poor eyesight were mimicked perfectly by the AI.

The staring and swearing at the linesmans bald head made me really feel like I was there after another terrible offside. 

The zoom in on the chances in the box worked fairly well until baldy distracted the camera. Corner kicks were a particular problem that will get resolved. 

I seen more on here than I would have at my seat.

Happy clapper all the way.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Satan said:

Wonder if any stattos have done the average age of today's team...must be pretty low, with more teens on the bench.

24 years 108 days for starting XI.

23 years 48 days for squad today.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj locked this topic