Details for streaming home games

Robert

7 hours ago, TheMantis said:

May as well add spflsupport@streamamg.com to that. I think many others from both clubs will be.

I sent them an email at 2:45pm to complain that the stream hadn't started and all I was looking at was a blank dark blue screen. I got a reply at 6:15pm with instructions about logging on and asked if that solved my problem.😠😱

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Row S said:

I sent them an email at 2:45pm to complain that the stream hadn't started and all I was looking at was a blank dark blue screen. I got a reply at 6:15pm with instructions about logging on and asked if that solved my problem.😠😱

I think you need to feed back to the club. 

I used the other email the lucarossi one as it cut out at half time. Did get an instant reply but she wasnt much help. 

10 hours ago, Row S said:

Don't think anybody was working until just after 2:45pm.  No idea what the issue was but I'm sure we were told it should be online from 2:00pm. Anyway, food for thought regarding facing West. Not a good idea even at the stadium. Surely facing the stand would give a better effect like being in a football stadium and cut down on light flare. Is it possible to zoom in a bit, everything happened at distance and I set mine up on 42" screen. Commentator just trying to do his best, its all a bit new to everyone. Just don't mute the mic next time. Constructive criticism might be better than simply downing the guy try I g his best to cope in unfamiliar circumstances. 

All in it was better than nothing and I won't be complaining about the quality, but maybe some minor adjustments to get the best out of what we have to offer.

Regards to some unable to log on. It's new to us as well. Once we have all cracked it it will be a piece of pi55.

By the way, the age stats I quoted are all available on this site for anyone interested. Go to current season tab, fixture list, tables, etc. or hit the score on fixture list it opens up more options.  Have a play around there and check it out. Once we have uploaded the info after each game then it will be available to see.

Cheers all.

• Agree 5

26 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Don't think anybody was working until just after 2:45pm.  No idea what the issue was but I'm sure we were told it should be online from 2:00pm. Anyway, food for thought regarding facing West. Not a good idea even at the stadium. Surely facing the stand would give a better effect like being in a football stadium and cut down on light flare. Is it possible to zoom in a bit, everything happened at distance and I set mine up on 42" screen. Commentator just trying to do his best, its all a bit new to everyone. Just don't mute the mic next time. Constructive criticism might be better than simply downing the guy try I g his best to cope in unfamiliar circumstances. 

All in it was better than nothing and I won't be complaining about the quality, but maybe some minor adjustments to get the best out of what we have to offer.

Regards to some unable to log on. It's new to us as well. Once we have all cracked it it will be a piece of pi55.

Cheers all.

I agree entirely. I was a bit critical yesterday but it was the first meaningful use of the system and I quite enjoyed it on the whole. 

As you have said, hopefully the club can take constructive comments from the feedback and refine the system for next week.

I also linked it to my tv and the quality improved as the sun ceased to be an issue, so using the normal camera podium could be a better option.

Credit to the commentator too. As a rookie, he did ok. How many times do we ask fans around us what happened or who got the touch etc. He did not have that luxury or any replays to rely on.

Looking forward to next Saturday when getting three points already seems vital given we have Hearts away the following week. Hopefully some of the “missing 8” are fit and ready to play.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

I agree that facing east is always best and especially in these circumstances. 

Nothing ever to be gained by facing west. 

Nothing but Donald Trump to the west and that old (er) chap Biden. 😷

1 hour ago, Robert said:

As you have said, hopefully the club can take constructive comments from the feedback and refine the system for next week.

I also linked it to my tv and the quality improved as the sun ceased to be an issue, so using the normal camera podium could be a better option.

I can't imagine that there is much that the club themselves will be able to do to refine the system.  It's an AI-based system supplied by a company which is not under their control. But I'd hope that someone takes note of the comments here, and feeds them back to the SPFL and the system provider. I know very little about machine learning, but I suspect that it could take some time to actually improve the system - to get it to learn better behaviour.

As for the position of the cameras, I suspect that they need a short cable path from the camera rig to an on-site computer which will be in the main stand to maximise its protection.  Having said that, the TV companies manage somehow....

As an exile, I agree with tm4tj.  If it wasn't for this system, I wouldn't be seeing anything at all, so I won't complain and I will be back.  Just praying for dull weather on match days!

• Agree 2

The highlights put for free in YouTube today are 100 times better than the pathetic stream yesterday.

No sun directly into the camera, no commentator who sounds like he's never watched ICT in his life, actual replays, different angles, better image quality, stable image that doesn't move jarringly and nauseatingly across the pitch and most of all not having to look at a linesman for 60% of the time. 

Remember that the stream isn't some kindness that the club is giving out it's costing season ticket holders about £14 to watch per game! 

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

Remember that the stream isn't some kindness that the club is giving out 

Very true but it's also a necessity if the club wish to make any income from the supporters.

I'd imagine there's not a lot of money coming into the club at all these days so it is essential that they provide a decent streaming service on matchday.

I personally would make a point of subscribing to each home game, but there are some more fickle than me who would be put off by the poor product we witnessed yesterday and perhaps would not return.

Does anyone know what percentage of the £10 paid to SPFL portal actually went to the club?

What a shower of moaners mostly.  I was delighted to see ICT playing at all.  Strange view as my seat is in North Stand but, for the first attempt at streaming, I had my first decent Saturday afternoon in months.  Even shouted at the screen a few times.   

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

35 minutes ago, Fraz said:

The highlights put for free in YouTube today are 100 times better than the pathetic stream yesterday.

No sun directly into the camera, no commentator who sounds like he's never watched ICT in his life, actual replays, different angles, better image quality, stable image that doesn't move jarringly and nauseatingly across the pitch and most of all not having to look at a linesman for 60% of the time. 

Remember that the stream isn't some kindness that the club is giving out it's costing season ticket holders about £14 to watch per game! 

The highlights are probably from our own system as they are on Caley Jags TV. 

We are more than likely contracted to show spfl footage during live stream.

It is what it is, and I don't grudge the club the income during tough times.

Other clubs ppv prices seem to be higher than ours, generally £12. Only get what you pay for I suppose.

The youtube footage is excellent. Some decent football from us yesterday that I hadn't seen or wasn't captured on the stream. 

Night and day difference tbh. Please use that set up next Saturday.

3 minutes ago, lizi said:

What a shower of moaners mostly.  I was delighted to see ICT playing at all.  Strange view as my seat is in North Stand but, for the first attempt at streaming, I had my first decent Saturday afternoon in months.  Even shouted at the screen a few times.   

I think we all shouted at the screen a few times 🥳

27 minutes ago, lizi said:

We had multiple tests to make sure this was working perfectly remember and were told it was. 

If you're happy with it great, never ceases to amaze me the mediocrity we'll accept from our club sometimes and I'm not referring to the product on the pitch. We should be using this as an opportunity to expand the number of people who watch ICT as it's more accessible, really go out and sell the club to a wider audience with a great product regardless of what the result is. Instead it's our usual mantra of 'ach it's good enough, better than nothing I suppose.' 

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, buckett said:

Very true but it's also a necessity if the club wish to make any income from the supporters.

I'd imagine there's not a lot of money coming into the club at all these days so it is essential that they provide a decent streaming service on matchday.

I personally would make a point of subscribing to each home game, but there are some more fickle than me who would be put off by the poor product we witnessed yesterday and perhaps would not return.

Does anyone know what percentage of the £10 paid to SPFL portal actually went to the club?

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not for a second suggesting it should be free. I'm saying that if you're paying for a service it should be of a decent standard. Nairn County's free stream on YouTube was no worse than yesterday. If the club have contracted a commercial entity to run the streaming then they should be as disappointed as many of the fans are. 

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not for a second suggesting it should be free. I'm saying that if you're paying for a service it should be of a decent standard. Nairn County's free stream on YouTube was no worse than yesterday. If the club have contracted a commercial entity to run the streaming then they should be as disappointed as many of the fans are. 

I don't think for a second I suggested that you suggested . . . . . . . . ach, never mind!

2 hours ago, Fraz said:

We had multiple tests to make sure this was working perfectly remember and were told it was. 

If you're happy with it great, never ceases to amaze me the mediocrity we'll accept from our club sometimes and I'm not referring to the product on the pitch. We should be using this as an opportunity to expand the number of people who watch ICT as it's more accessible, really go out and sell the club to a wider audience with a great product regardless of what the result is. Instead it's our usual mantra of 'ach it's good enough, better than nothing I suppose.' 

Totally agree Fraz. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Fraz said:

We should be using this as an opportunity to expand the number of people who watch ICT as it's more accessible, really go out and sell the club to a wider audience with a great product regardless of what the result is.

Agree with this part of your post, it should be a tremendous advert for the club. 

Probably financial constraints will dictate what we can and can't do.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, lizi said:

See the source image

13 hours ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

I agree that facing east is always best and especially in these circumstances. 

Nothing ever to be gained by facing west. 

Nothing but Donald Trump to the west and that old (er) chap Biden. 😷

But surely, from North Korea, the West is to the South and the East?

• Funny 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj locked this topic