Having to log in...

The Mantis

Nothing changed in that time although I did have to renew the certificate for our stats portion of the site. The login state is managed by cookies so the best advice - as always in this situation - is to clear the cookies on your browser for CaleyThistleOnline.com and then log back in. The login info should be stored in a cookie called ips4_loggedin and has a simple 0 or 1 for value. 

I've had this same issue as well. Cleared cookies from Chrome for the site but then it happened again. If I log in again I get an error code "2S119/1" but I am logged in anyway. Very strange :laugh:

I will take a look at the error logs when i get the chance and see if it throws up any clues to the login issue to the site.

DD - I also dont have issue logging into PL either. Try the direct link and see if that helps : https://predictions.caleythistleonline.com/ . I note the page says its not secure so i need to check which items are not using https but it does allow me to login. See this page to reset password if all else fails. http://predictions.caleythistleonline.com/index.php?cmd=forgotpassword&lid=15 . This is of course different than your site password as its not integrated. 

Note - the script for this is now abandoned by the creator and I do see some issues with it as we have kept our PHP and SQL versions up to date. I may be able to fix this or may not but will not devote a huge amount of time as there is only 7 of us in the competition this year. 

Edited by Scotty
maybe not secure as i posted http not https

On 10/22/2020 at 6:35 PM, Scotty said:

Nothing changed in that time although I did have to renew the certificate for our stats portion of the site. The login state is managed by cookies so the best advice - as always in this situation - is to clear the cookies on your browser for CaleyThistleOnline.com and then log back in. The login info should be stored in a cookie called ips4_loggedin and has a simple 0 or 1 for value. 

On 10/23/2020 at 10:01 AM, RiG said:

I've had this same issue as well. Cleared cookies from Chrome for the site but then it happened again. If I log in again I get an error code "2S119/1" but I am logged in anyway. Very strange :laugh:

Thought it had cleared itself yesterday so didn't bother with the cookies. Problem is back today even after clearing cookies,  including the error code mentioned by RiG which I forgot to mention before. Although if I log out and in again the error goes away.

Edited by TheMantis

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now getting a message about a "configuration server error has occurred" and the website appears all distorted. However if I click on the links I still get taken onto CTO as normal. Very weird.

58 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'm now getting a message about a "configuration server error has occurred" and the website appears all distorted. However if I click on the links I still get taken onto CTO as normal. Very weird.

Different error but this one I was able to fix. The internal cache table in the database had crashed so is now repaired. 

Still logging me out randomly and getting error 2S119/1 when I sign back in  just as RiG mentioned. Just on Safari on desktop, iPhone and iPad, don't normally use other browsers but then RiG does. Cleared website data etc but seems to make no difference.

• 3 weeks later...

Still happening sporadically on all devices. I’m on the site every day so it’s not caused by a couple of days’ absence. I can go on first thing in the morning and be logged in, then later the same day be asked to sign in. Not a massive deal as I have the login details on Keychain, just a niggle.

• 2 months later...

logins are handled using cookies. do you clear these? If i search that error on google i also see a few forums where this issue happens on safari. Looking on our back-end it shows you last logged in in January using Safari 14.0.3, the same day you had also used 13.1.3 so i guess you updated? Prior to that it was Safari 12 on mobile. 

The suggestion on one of the sites i saw was to go to settings-safari-advanced- website data and delete the site, then login again.

I cleared cookies before, and website data, probably on iPad as that’s what I use the site on most, and months ago, but it only helped briefly, so I’ll try it again. It still happens randomly across 3 devices though, probably least on iPhone. Wonder if @RiG still has the same problem as me, as it was happening on Chrome. Maybe I’ll try that or another browser.
I like Safari and I’ve hardly had any issues with it. Every few weeks I have to restart the iPad because certain very long, image-intensive pages on P&B or Facebook keep trying to reload.

Edited by TheMantis

Did that but it’s even worse now. Accepted cookies but it seems to log me out nearly every time I leave the site. Also shows the error message some of the time. Only used iPad so far.

Edited by TheMantis

On 2/26/2021 at 2:45 AM, Scotty said:

on our back-end it shows you last logged in in January using Safari 14.0.3, the same day you had also used 13.1.3 so i guess you updated?

Not sure what you mean here as I’m on the site every day and have posted during February. You seem to be implying that it doesn’t always register my logins which kind of ties in with the error message reported above by @RiG and me.

I still get this using Chrome on both my work laptop and personal one. Doesn't happen on mobile though.

I cleared cookies as mentioned above but this didn't seem to do much to help the situation. I have noticed though that if I land on the site and it appears I'm logged out I just need to click a link to any forum page and when that loads I am logged in again.

15 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Not sure what you mean here as I’m on the site every day and have posted during February. You seem to be implying that it doesn’t always register my logins which kind of ties in with the error message reported above by @RiG and me.

no, what I am saying is that as far as the site is concerned you are NOT logging out. Thats the desired behaviour for most folk as it means they dont have to log in again next time. I last logged in in December for example! 

That particular error is basically a mismatched security token. This seems to be a safari issue and I think I may have a clue about this now based on the fact that it's you and @RiG experiencing the issue ... You are both members of multiple groups on the site and I think it may be related to that.  Can you also confirm the them you are using ... go to bottom of page in the middle and check. If it is CTO 2017 change it to CTO2020

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

no, what I am saying is that as far as the site is concerned you are NOT logging out. Thats the desired behaviour for most folk as it means they dont have to log in again next time. I last logged in in December for example! 

That particular error is basically a mismatched security token. This seems to be a safari issue and I think I may have a clue about this now based on the fact that it's you and @RiG experiencing the issue ... You are both members of multiple groups on the site and I think it may be related to that.  Can you also confirm the them you are using ... go to bottom of page in the middle and check. If it is CTO 2017 change it to CTO2020

Sorry for the delay, I was waiting for the fault to recur... Yes, you're right... I can just do what RiG says and ignore it and I'm in.

But I have no idea where the theme button is :embarrassed:

bottom of the page ... it's a dropdown and in there it has 3 themes. 2020 default is the most recent, 2017 might bring problems, and the IPS default should work without error but not look like our site! 

2021-03-01_15-44-32.jpg