2020-21 Scottish Cup

Jack Waddington

I actually quite like the early rounds of the cup with an opportunity for a competitive games against some of the league clubs that we seldom if ever play or against a junior or non league senior club.

I would love an Inverness derby in the premier national knockout competition should Clach get through.

All the better in the, still unlikely, event that we could get some fans in.

2 hours ago, Satan said:

Depending on where we are in the new tiered system of covid restrictions, we could have fans sooner than you think...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54708413

This suggests that Highland and Moray may well be put into the new level 1, in which case fans could be allowed back in the grounds as soon as next week!  I'll believe it when I see it.  No doubt the SPFL will be arguing for fans in all grounds or in none due to the unfair advantage gained by teams with fans.

11 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

This suggests that Highland and Moray may well be put into the new level 1, in which case fans could be allowed back in the grounds as soon as next week!  I'll believe it when I see it.  No doubt the SPFL will be arguing for fans in all grounds or in none due to the unfair advantage gained by teams with fans.

The day the governing body argues against fans being allowed back into grounds we’ll know the game truly is bust!

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

This is actually exactly the mentality the governing bodies of football have and will probably go for to punish the northern teams as those in the central belt won't have any for ages.

Surely if the Government says fans are allowed in, clubs will be allowed to do it, subject to having a Risk Assessment and all the required safety measures in place.

Capacity will be reduced, so presumably only some season ticket holders will get to each game, hopefully through a rota system of some sort with us knowing our games well in advance so we can plan accordingly.

It may not actually work financially for the club though, as no walk up or away fans will mean no income on the day other than limited car parking and possibly some catering or shop sales. The club is probably better off not having to pay stewards, turnstile operators etc until normal crowd levels are allowed. I wonder if they could go with volunteers for those roles, so a few more season ticket holders can get in?

Edited by Robert

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Capacity will be reduced, so presumably only some season ticket holders will get to each game, hopefully through a rota system of some sort with us knowing our games well in advance so we can plan accordingly.

Possibly you could get more (most?) season ticket holders in if they were split across the three stands.

Though how you would decide who didn't get their "own seat", and how you would deal with the subsequent complaints, is another problem!

29 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Possibly you could get more (most?) season ticket holders in if they were split across the three stands.

Though how you would decide who didn't get their "own seat", and how you would deal with the subsequent complaints, is another problem!

If we were to get back in to watch I would hope that our fans would be happy to sit in any seat, any stand and forget about your own seat for this season.

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, IBM said:

If we were to get back in to watch I would hope that our fans would be happy to sit in any seat, any stand and forget about your own seat for this season.

Even as The Supreme Leader, I am willing to sit elsewhere other than my throne at the stadium,  if this allows us back in to watch games. 

I am a man of the people after all. 

Hopefully there will be catering so I can have my pie and bovril as well. 

12 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

You do surprise me exalted one, you have a seat in the stand and drink bovril ??     Now i would have thought you were a kneeling on a cushion man with a glass of pyongyang soju in your hand.

Take this man away and lock him in the Global Stadium cleaners cupboard for his insolence. 

I have a throne, not a seat.