Return of fans

MorayJaggie

Now that the Highlands and Moray are in tier 1 it looks like fans could be allowed back at us County and Elgin city.

Also having worked at the recent Aberdeen v Hamilton game and seen the precautions in place regarding distancing etc it should hopefully be easy enough to implement. A simple temperature check on entry leave your details and go to assigned seat. Then at the end wait instructions to exit so there is no punching. It was also every 5th seat free and every second row.  

Edited by MorayJaggie

Will be interesting to find out about the selection process for who gets to go.

Take your own refreshments?  No half time pee?

Glad to hear the AI camera set up has been tweaked. Hopefully at the very least that means moving it to the West Stand scaffold tower and getting some close ups.

2 hours ago, Satan said:

Does this account for/allow multiple people from a single household sitting together, or do we have to distance out in the open air?

Having spoken to the staff at Aberdeen groups from the same household were allowed to sit together. At AFC for those that know the south stand they were able to get 100 per section.

Edited by MorayJaggie

1 hour ago, MorayJaggie said:

Having spoken to the staff at Aberdeen groups from the same household were allowed to sit together. At AFC for those that know the south stand they were able to get 100 per section.

Absolutely correct. I know of at least two family groups who were able to sit together.

I would imagine that, like mixing of households indoors, there may yet be a delay of a few weeks before fans are permitted.

Nevertheless, very welcome and a further incentive for all living in a tier 1 area to continue to follow the rules to remain there or even move to tier 0 and for those of us not yet in tier 1 to do the same to get there.

The Caledonian stadium should easily be able to handle all season ticket holders across the three stands. I'd also assume they would only allow season ticket holders from postcodes within the tier one areas. Whilst working at the Aberdeen Hamilton game as medical cover the club also supplied us with hot food so again this could be done I'd assume when fans return maybe on a pre order kind of scenario. They may even use the west stand to maximize  the amount of fans.

Edited by MorayJaggie
  • Agree 1

The feel the club don't really want a partial return to the stadium. To be honest I don't blame them. Financially it will be a disaster costing more to organise and operate than we could ever bring in. Plus all the flack that they'll likely take for supporters who don't get in. 

Just now, Fraz said:

The feel the club don't really want a partial return to the stadium. To be honest I don't blame them. Financially it will be a disaster costing more to organise and operate than we could ever bring in. Plus all the flack that they'll likely take for supporters who don't get in. 

Aberdeen did a ballot style for season ticket holders for the test game. Those who were successful cannot then be put into the next ballot until everyone has been able to attend a game.

On 10/29/2020 at 8:02 PM, MorayJaggie said:

The Caledonian stadium should easily be able to handle all season ticket holders across the three stands. I'd also assume they would only allow season ticket holders from postcodes within the tier one areas. Whilst working at the Aberdeen Hamilton game as medical cover the club also supplied us with hot food so again this could be done I'd assume when fans return maybe on a pre order kind of scenario. They may even use the west stand to maximize  the amount of fans.

It would be good to see the West stand decked out in something other than Irish tricolours or Union flags.

• Agree 1

I enjoy going to the games getting the crack with friends and the banter with others which you won't get if we are allowed back so would not put my name in a ballot for going although I have my season ticket so would give a chance to others who would want to go.  I will still be viewing online when I can though like tomorrow. 

• Agree 1

On 10/29/2020 at 5:38 PM, Row S said:

No parking in the Home car park either, as it's full of building materials.

Hopefully the club are making some coin off them for storage. Looking at what is in the car park they might be in there for some time yet. If it's only a 1000 fans at MAX then the south car park should be fine.

It will be season ticket holders so distancing and planning on seating can be achieved  within tier 1 restrictions. Higher level tiers will soon not be allowed to travel into lower tiers and vice versa. A group of 11 were turned back on the ferry in Orkney from coming from a higher tier by the police. 

5 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

... A group of 11 were turned back on the ferry in Orkney from coming from a higher tier by the police. 

Hmm, was it a street league team?? Never thought they had it in them to challenge grown-ups.