Return of fans

MorayJaggie

14 hours ago, Satan said:

300...hardly worth it for us at that numbers.

Of course it's worth it. It is a start to build on and we have to begin somewhere.

Very welcome development which is very likely also to be extended to ourselves and Elgin.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 3

As someone mentioned it will cost more than we will make with those numbers...better to prepare longer for a larger number,  keeping within the specified protection measures.

Looks like Elgin are going to struggle with the current regs.

On 10/29/2020 at 12:05 PM, Stirling Observer said:

200/300 in each stand

No follicly challenged supporters allowed? or will they hand out 'hey Jimmy' wigs ..... Having said that, this might be a great answer for the current issue .... make the officials wear Pennywise masks - most are clowns anyway!

On 10/29/2020 at 1:00 PM, Satan said:

In the meantime the streaming AI camera setup has been tweaked...

Tweaked to not focus on North or South stands then ... will miss all the goals, but everything down the middle will be in great shape 🙂

If it is 300, the club will be out of pocket with stewarding costs, but it will give the players a tremendous lift having fans in, so in that respect it is more than worth it. The CEO said as much in the recent interview (P&J?).

I just hope we are not in a Scotland-wide lockdown by the time of our next home game. Hopefully the furlough scheme being extended means the Government don’t feel they need to act everywhere now and can act appropriately based on what happens in each Council area. 

• Agree 1

Why will we be out of pocket WRT the cost of stewarding? Surely they can reduce the numbers of stewards that are required to cover 300 folk split between a couple of stands to minimise costs.

3 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Aberdeen apparently have plans for a test event of 1000 fans.

Aberdeen may have to wait a while as the area is in Tier 2 and will, almost certainly, remain there after next week's review.

No doubt though that they will have contingency plans for when fans return.

I suspect if things go well and fans comply with what is being asked of them, then the crowds in Tier 1 areas will gradually be permitted to increase. In our case perhaps to 1,200 to 1,500 fans.

A huge incentive for everyone who does get back in the stadium to be as careful and respectful as possibly and for fans to self police.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Why will we be out of pocket WRT the cost of stewarding? Surely they can reduce the numbers of stewards that are required to cover 300 folk split between a couple of stands to minimise costs.

At the moment with no fans we will not have any steward costs. 

40 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Loch Ness vs Nairn County A down at the Rugby Club tomorrow night, not sure if they'll be using it as a tester like C*unty are, but I suppose it would be worth turning up if anyone's looking for some Friday night football

The Highland League is starting on 28 November and they hope fans will be allowed. If they publish fixtures soon and season ticket prices are reasonable, it may be an option if the likes of Clach or Nairn home dates don’t clash much with our home games. 

Edited by Robert

12 minutes ago, Robert said:

At the moment with no fans we will not have any steward costs. 

Ah slow day! I've just clicked and remembered the fans that would be getting in would be ST holders rather than PATG fans so no additional income to cover the stewarding costs. Whoops!

tenor.gif?itemid=9973765

• Funny 1

There will be some stewards there to make sure folk keep their distance and follow guidelines.  

This will cost the club to put on but its a positive step forward.  Good luck to the folk in Inverness who are in the ballot 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robert said:

If it is 300, the club will be out of pocket with stewarding costs, but it will give the players a tremendous lift having fans in, so in that respect it is more than worth it. The CEO said as much in the recent interview (P&J?).

I just hope we are not in a Scotland-wide lockdown by the time of our next home game. Hopefully the furlough scheme being extended means the Government don’t feel they need to act everywhere now and can act appropriately based on what happens in each Council area. 

From the ICTFC highlights the club appeared to have stewards in the ground and Certainly from attending at Aberdeen with no fans they had stewards in every stand I presume for fire regulations, stadium safety certificate requirements. 

5 hours ago, IBM said:

From today's P&J 

IMG_2605.JPG

Do people still actually buy newspapers? 😃

If you are a Highlife Highland member you can access the Press Reader app and download newspapers for free. 

Edited by aaroncoganshogun

14 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Surely the club pay stewarding costs from ST money as per usual? 

Remember the club makes a loss, and can only pay out from the revenue taken in. With no walk up cans, the only income is from season tickets and anyone who buys a PPV live stream so all outgoings make our financial position worse. 

That said, they see even a limited crowd being allowed in as a positive step which should help the players on match days. 

The whole of Europe going into lockdown and we could be looking at risking lives for no financial gain. I think it’s still too soon for this, it also gives an unfair psychological advantage to the Highland teams over the rest of the league. 

• Facepalm 2

5 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

The whole of Europe going into lockdown and we could be looking at risking lives for no financial gain. I think it’s still too soon for this, it also gives an unfair psychological advantage to the Highland teams over the rest of the league. 

an unfair psychological advantage to the Highland teams over the rest of the league. 

That will be a first then!!  

6 hours ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

If you are a Highlife Highland member you can access the Press Reader app and download newspapers for free. 

Some of us old farts like the tactile experience of reading a newspaper and failing to complete the crossword.

Moreover, it's pretty hard to start the fire in the morning with a scrunched up e reader.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

Yes I enjoy a read of my daily delivered paper with my cup of tea in the morning rather than try to read it on the iphone :smile:

Unlike Kingsmills I am not an old fart and don't have to light a fire :lol:

Edited by IBM
more information
  • Funny 3

46 minutes ago, IBM said:

Yes I enjoy a read of my daily delivered paper with my cup of tea in the morning rather than try to read it on the iphone :smile:

Unlike Kingsmills I am not an old fart and don't have to light a fire :lol:

Just picturing you reading your paper IBM and deciding whether to listen to your Sony Walkman or watch a VHS video tape of your favourite Jim'll Fix it episode 😆😆

23 minutes ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

Just picturing you reading your paper IBM and deciding whether to listen to your Sony Walkman or watch a VHS video tape of your favourite Jim'll Fix it episode 😆😆

No just the transistor radio is fine :wink: