Return of fans

MorayJaggie

Got a phone call from the club today asking if I would like to attend Saturdays game. Off course I accepted. To cut a long story short I bought four seasons tickets at the start of the season and donated three back to help the club and any fans that couldn't afford to attend.  Asked for who would be attending with me I told them them the situation and was told that it was only available to the block of three and I couldn't attend. Disappointed doesn't begin to tell you how I feel.

• Confused 2
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, ictbob said:

Got a phone call from the club today asking if I would like to attend Saturdays game. Off course I accepted. To cut a long story short I bought four seasons tickets at the start of the season and donated three back to help the club and any fans that couldn't afford to attend.  Asked for who would be attending with me I told them them the situation and was told that it was only available to the block of three and I couldn't attend. Disappointed doesn't begin to tell you how I feel.

You were surprised by that? You are only supposed to attend with those in your household or bubble. I have 3 season tickets and I will be going with my eldest, her younger sister doesn't want to come. I'd like to take a wee pal of my eldest's instead (particularly given we have to arrive an hour before kick off) but not allowed to of course. 

As I understand Bob's post, he is not getting to go, but the tickets that he bought, and gifted to whoever are allowed to go. 

Great gesture by Bob and a kick in the balls by the club.

Or am I missing something?

Surely an oversight by the club?

• Agree 3

Yeah that's what I (finally) understood it as. Bob has bought 4 tickets and 3 have gone back to the club to be gifted to someone else to use. Bob was then told he could go and, under normal circumstances, so could the 3 others (presumably the club have thought all four were in a family or a friends group with Bob) but with the restrictions groups going and Bob having explained the situation, it's either Bob goes himself or the three others go (assuming the other 3 tickets he handed back tot he club have gone to a family). Not great but given the restrictions that's what needs to happen although Bob, as the main ticket "holder" should really have been given first shot given he paid for them.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 4

On 11/17/2020 at 6:50 PM, ictbob said:

I'm not having a go at the club but not all our supporters are upto date with technology. So you need an email address to be in the draw then you need a smart phone to get into the game. Most people will have this but I bet theres a few long term older generation season ticket holders that have been excluded from the draw. The club have never mentioned phone calls for season ticket holders that haven't got this technology. 

I've confirmed with the club that folk who don't have an email address are included in the ballot.  Tickets have been printed off and put in the post for some without email addresses whose name came out in the ballot.

Incidentally, whilst I was down at the stadium today, and elderly gentleman came into the shop wanting to buy a ticket for the game.  He apparently was aware that fans were now allowed back in the stadium but not about the details.  It was explained to him that it would likely be some time before tickets would be available for general sale. He did not have an email address and quite likely does not go online.  It is so easy for those of us who access the internet to keep up to date with what is going on, but clearly it is difficult for those who don't.  Perhaps if folk know of others who don't go online it would be a nice gesture to give them a ring from time to time to keep them in the loop.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My point is I bought these tickets a. To help the club out as they needed money and b.to donate to a family that needed them. They advertised this on social media that they were going to double this. I'm not having a go but it looks like they got a but  forgot about b.

• Agree 1

Just in.

Donald John Grump, originally from Stornoway, has apparently issued a Tweet saying the ballot for tickets to the Raith game was rigged.  He believes the Raith supporters will tomorrow be dancing in the streets of Raith. 

Apparently the Club did not count all season ticket holders with a mail in address. It seems Tommy our former groundsman has also been hiding details of season ticket holders to prevent Ross County being able to check to see if they have more than ICT. John Robertson's only statement is that he does not play golf on a Grump course.  

• Funny 1

On 11/17/2020 at 6:20 PM, ictbob said:

I'm now back living in Inverness but still wouldn't have been able to make it. My point is what if the club don't have an email address for you.not everyone has or gives out there address which would exclude them from the ballot.

If you cannot give out your address will not be allowed to attend. 

Attendance is provisional on accurate contact details being available for all the track and trace processes.

I believe that there are provisional plans in place to allow up to 800 fans for ourselves and County in the very early new year.

However, that would be provisional on remaining in Level 1 and there being no evidence of significant increase in prevalence following on any increased household mixing over the festive season.

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

I believe that there are provisional plans in place to allow up to 800 fans for ourselves and County in the very early new year.

However, that would be provisional on remaining in Level 1 and there being no evidence of significant increase in prevalence following on any increased household mixing over the festive season.

That makes a lot of sense. England has announced up to up to 50% of capacity or 4000 outdoor, whichever is lower, for the equivalent tier there, presumably variable according to capacity and the need for social distancing. 

Edited by Robert

So who did the Lee Wallace on the club then? 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inverness-face-sfa-probe-drafting-23056998.amp?__twitter_impression=true

In fairness bringing stewards up from Glasgow is utterly daft but moaning about being "corralled like cattle whilst having temperatures checked" - you were told this was going to happen before the game. 

Edited by RiG

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

So who did the Lee Wallace on the club then? 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inverness-face-sfa-probe-drafting-23056998.amp?__twitter_impression=true

In fairness bringing stewards up from Glasgow is utterly daft but moaning about being "corralled like cattle whilst having temperatures checked" - you were told this was going to happen before the game. 

I entirely agree. Just who on earth thought it was appropriate to bring in stewards from a level 4 area to a level 1 area ?

Probably not technically against the law as travelling for work is permitted but sheer thoughtless recklessness which must not be allowed to happen again.

27 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I entirely agree. Just who on earth thought it was appropriate to bring in stewards from a level 4 area to a level 1 area ?

Probably not technically against the law as travelling for work is permitted but sheer thoughtless recklessness which must not be allowed to happen again.

I can't believe that no company in the Highlands could have provided stewards for Saturday. Even if they were somehow all on furlough options in Moray, Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen City could have been looked at. To bring people up from a Tier 4 area (surmising here) is mind boggling.

ETA: Reminded that security staff are categorised as keyworkers in Scotland so the club might be able to wriggle out of it that way. Still not a great look however.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, RiG said:

I can't believe that no company in the Highlands could have provided stewards for Saturday. Even if they were somehow all on furlough options in Moray, Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen City could have been looked at. To bring people up from a Tier 4 area (surmising here) is mind boggling.

ETA: Reminded that security staff are categorised as keyworkers in Scotland so the club might be able to wriggle out of it that way. Still not a great look however.

Your all assuming they lived in glasgow. They could have been sourced from other areas of the country. Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen are in tier 2 not 1 so no different in stewards coming from those areas to a tier 1 area. As long as social distancing masks etc are worn by both stewards and fans very minimal risk. But ridiculous to go running to the sfa who will be happy to stop fans in the north attending. 

16 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Your all assuming they lived in glasgow.

That's literally why I said "surmising" in my post you've quoted.

Ignoring for a moment the travel restrictions and accompanying exemptions you can see why potentially bringing stewards in from an area of the country that is in Tier 4 lockdown might not look as good as say bring them in from somewhere slightly closer that is in Tier 2?

Regardless, I agree that any security company right now will be employing temperature checks, masks etc for their staff so whilst the whole thing doesn't look good it doesn't mean that we are necessarily in the wrong with what has happened given the aforementioned exemptions that can be applied.

And in other news I'm off to fill out an application form to be a steward at the next ICT home game...

Edited by RiG
  • Funny 4