Return of fans

MorayJaggie

On 11/12/2020 at 3:19 PM, Jack Waddington said:

Seeing this brings hope that we'll be allowed back in for the East Fife game...

...and fits of laughter knowing that they couldn't manage to flog 300 tickets 😂😂

Screenshot_20201112-151549_Twitter.jpg

On 11/13/2020 at 1:44 PM, MorayJaggie said:

I have to admit pretty dire they had to re advertise to sell 300 tickets 

On 11/13/2020 at 1:54 PM, IBM said:

They are pretty dire 😂 uncle Roy might have to give them away free!

As expected it's now our turn to be thoroughly embarrassed as we can't even get 300 people to come to a football game. 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/2724334/caley-thistle-to-change-balloting-system-after-failing-to-reach-full-uptake-of-300-fans/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Edited by RiG

I can sort of understand why some fans don't want to go as it really isn't a very sociable atmosphere. Having said that, I am sure plenty of fans will still want to attend.

I have been a season ticket holder for over 15 years but have been unsuccessful in both ballots so, on a personal level, am disappointed that I have not had the opportunity to attend either match so far. If the ballot system now goes to a first come first served and I miss out again on the Dunfermline game, I won't be happy as a season ticket holder. There looks like something is wrong with the current ballot system. 

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Im told there are 300 going tomorrow. However if there are season ticket holders out there still not invited (I know there are) I suggest they contact club urgently if they wanted to go and find out what has happened to their invite. 

I don't know about anyone else, but as a season ticket holder (living locally) for many many years, I'm livid at that article.  Only one of my group has been offered a ticket in the ballot and they aren't even the person who has held a season ticket the longest.  (edited to add - the longevity reference relates to a comment made by Gardiner in P&J article, not my personal feelings) 

2020 - the year ICT completely lost the last bit of loyalty that their fans have generously given them for many years, despite the club's best efforts to blow it time after time. 

Edited by quizzer
Clarification

1 hour ago, quizzer said:

I don't know about anyone else, but as a season ticket holder (living locally) for many many years, I'm livid at that article.  Only one of my group has been offered a ticket in the ballot and they aren't even the person who has held a season ticket the longest. 

2020 - the year ICT completely lost the last bit of loyalty that their fans have generously given them for many years, despite the club's best efforts to blow it time after time. 

The ballot is random. You don't get extra points for how long you've held your ST.

I called today on a hopeful whim and they said they had a few single seats left but as I wanted a double it was no dice. 

51 minutes ago, Fraz said:

The ballot is random. You don't get extra points for how long you've held your ST.

I called today on a hopeful whim and they said they had a few single seats left but as I wanted a double it was no dice. 

That was my assumption...until I read this from the article -

Gardiner said: “We’ve got to work through the season ticket list in a system. We started with who had a season ticket the longest, and was in tier one.

Now maybe they started off with a group of I dunno - 500? - fans who held it longest and obviously not everyone can get lucky and get offered one.  Or maybe half the season ticket holders?  Who knows.  Whatever it was, they clearly haven't done themselves any favours.  Incidentally, I personally don't think they should have started with the longest holders first, everyone should have been in the draw with the same chance imo.

Wonder if people who already have had tickets will get to go again if they are among the first 300 to get in touch for each game.

Still time to introduce an opt-in system - anyone who hasn't been allocated a ticket to any previous games gets priority and any leftover balloted.

4 hours ago, quizzer said:

I don't know about anyone else, but as a season ticket holder (living locally) for many many years, I'm livid at that article.  Only one of my group has been offered a ticket in the ballot and they aren't even the person who has held a season ticket the longest. 

Im not sure how they could apply that rule? It would be all older folk in? I wonder if he meant who purchased first? 

Edited by old caley girl

We've been season ticket holders for 15 years and have not yet had any success in the draws. We live locally and it makes me mad to hear about some of the allocation not being taken up when we can't get a ticket. Am I right in thinking that people who have been drawn out already are not being removed from the draws until we have all had a chance to see a game - have the club forgotten that we have all paid a lot of money for season tickets to show our support for the club, despite there being a great deal of uncertainty about whether the games would even take place, when we bought them? I would like to see  the club to publish the terms and conditions of the draw system. At the moment I just feel disgusted by the way we are being treated. I have never considered stopping buying a season ticket each year through good times and bad, but if they don't wise up, I will certainly consider it next year.

I was under the impression that no-one who was at the first game was in the draw for tomorrow’s game, and that seems borne out by posters on here.

I agree that transparency would help to give confidence in the process. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

We've been season ticket holders for 15 years and have not yet had any success in the draws. We live locally and it makes me mad to hear about some of the allocation not being taken up when we can't get a ticket. Am I right in thinking that people who have been drawn out already are not being removed from the draws until we have all had a chance to see a game - have the club forgotten that we have all paid a lot of money for season tickets to show our support for the club, despite there being a great deal of uncertainty about whether the games would even take place, when we bought them? I would like to see  the club to publish the terms and conditions of the draw system. At the moment I just feel disgusted by the way we are being treated. I have never considered stopping buying a season ticket each year through good times and bad, but if they don't wise up, I will certainly consider it next year.

Myself and my son have been ST holders longer than that and we both got picked for the first game and are under the impression that we won’t get picked again. I think we need a bit more transparency in the number of season ticket holders we have. For example if we had tweve hundred that would be 4 x 300 then we would know we should  get each fifth game and I also think the three hundred picked for each game should pretty much be the same ones in rotation if your seat is re allocated that’s fine. If you don’t turn up then you don’t get the chance  till it comes round again it seems unfair for those who genuinely want to go. 

Perhaps an opt-in would have been/be beneficial, thereby removing all who do not wish to attend in current circumstances - those left can all go into the ballot and after being picked are removed from further ballots until all those opted in have attended. 

Those that like to moan & whine can find something in that as well, but they can pretty much find fault in anything.

Edited by Satan
add 'have been'
  • Agree 4

Scot Gardiner is right when he said in the press towards the end of last week that we can't sustain crowds of 300 into the new year. It is also annoying to see that in Tier 2 as well as Tier 1 areas of England they are allowing 2000 fans into stadiums.

I'm just watching the Exeter Chiefs v Glasgow Warriors rugby match just now with 2000 fans allowed into two of the stands, one of which is the main stand shared with large player squads, directors, support staff and officials. The groups of fans are also clearly not 2m apart. I also spotted one guy swigging beer out of a 2 litre jug. 

I am annoyed that we are being unfairly restricted by the Scottish Government up here in an area of lesser overall restrictions than Tier 1 and 2 areas in England by only being allowed 300 fans to attend matches, not to mention the clear disgruntlement this has generated among our season ticket holders unsuccessful in the ballots. If we could open up the wings of the North, Main and South stands at least double that number could be accommodated safely giving our season ticket holders a chance to attend home games more regularly. We wouldn't need more stewards just 3 or 4 more club volunteers to help do the checks to get the additional fans into the ground before kick off.  

• Agree 2

We could definitely have a few more people in but, whilst I don't think the SG have been great throughout this pandemic, I prefer their more conservative approach to that of the UK Government which I think is opening things up too quickly again.

2 hours ago, Row S said:

Scot Gardiner is right when he said in the press towards the end of last week that we can't sustain crowds of 300 into the new year. It is also annoying to see that in Tier 2 as well as Tier 1 areas of England they are allowing 2000 fans into stadiums.

I'm just watching the Exeter Chiefs v Glasgow Warriors rugby match just now with 2000 fans allowed into two of the stands, one of which is the main stand shared with large player squads, directors, support staff and officials. The groups of fans are also clearly not 2m apart. I also spotted one guy swigging beer out of a 2 litre jug. 

I am annoyed that we are being unfairly restricted by the Scottish Government up here in an area of lesser overall restrictions than Tier 1 and 2 areas in England by only being allowed 300 fans to attend matches, not to mention the clear disgruntlement this has generated among our season ticket holders unsuccessful in the ballots. If we could open up the wings of the North, Main and South stands at least double that number could be accommodated safely giving our season ticket holders a chance to attend home games more regularly. We wouldn't need more stewards just 3 or 4 more club volunteers to help do the checks to get the additional fans into the ground before kick off.  

I think alcohol is allowed at rugby games.   It certainly is at international games and has been for several years.  

36 minutes ago, lizi said:

I think alcohol is allowed at rugby games.   It certainly is at international games and has been for several years.  

Yes, I was aware of that having had a drink or two myself at Murrayfield and Canal Park during games. I just mentioned the Exeter fan drinking in relation to other elements seeming to be returning to English sporting events as well as the fans.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

We could definitely have a few more people in but, whilst I don't think the SG have been great throughout this pandemic, I prefer their more conservative approach to that of the UK Government which I think is opening things up too quickly again.

I agree. We watched Chelsea on tv the other night and no way would I attend with others that close to ke even outdoors with masks on. The scientists dont know how far apart is the best distance but iy is clear the further away the better. Therefore whilst I agree with SG we could get more in Id rather we got chance to build it up. For instance fill the empty sections first with say another 30odd each section and look to get up to 600 ish to start with. 

The main stand is a no go at moment (even wings) as must be covid secure. 

Id also like to see a coffee van outside that you could visit within your 15 min entry window with appropriate queuing. 

Agree totally on club utilising volunteers more. 

I fully agree that much MUCH more fans could've been safely seated in both stands, as for getting in, it was an absolute breeze. Nobody was lingering about waiting to go in when I arrived ahead of 2pm and I managed to go in before the section I was in was even due to be let in. So I don't think any more stewards are nessecary if we're looking to boost capacity.

Edited by Jack Waddington
  • Agree 1

Oh well, tonight’s announcement means no fans until at least after 16 January. Such a shame given the great work the club has done to make it a safe experience.

Hopefully we get back to level 1 and we get fans in again, but it looks like a long hard winter for us all.

• Agree 1

I'm not sure if anyone agrees with me on this, but it is ludicrous that we are being looped in with the rest of Scotland and being dragged into Tier 4. It's utterly stupid, everyone's taking a massive hit cos it's over Christmas, but as someone who does groundhopping on YouTube, I take a MASSIVE hit. I missed the Clach game last week due to a waterlogged pitch, I'll miss Nairn's game against Broxburn in the Scottish Cup, I'll miss Clach's rescheduled game on the 2nd, and I'll miss whoever I can get to on the 9th for the Scottish Cup 2nd Round. That's 4 straight weeks with no content to put out, 4 weeks where I'm likely going to lose subs cos of people losing interest and 4 weeks of less revenue from the channel. Sure, I don't make a whole lot from it, but it's better than nothing. It's farcical that we, as I stated before, as the region with the least infections (22 per 100k people), it's a joke that we've been boosted up by 3 tiers.

7 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

I'm not sure if anyone agrees with me on this, but it is ludicrous that we are being looped in with the rest of Scotland and being dragged into Tier 4. It's utterly stupid, everyone's taking a massive hit cos it's over Christmas, but as someone who does groundhopping on YouTube, I take a MASSIVE hit. I missed the Clach game last week due to a waterlogged pitch, I'll miss Nairn's game against Broxburn in the Scottish Cup, I'll miss Clach's rescheduled game on the 2nd, and I'll miss whoever I can get to on the 9th for the Scottish Cup 2nd Round. That's 4 straight weeks with no content to put out, 4 weeks where I'm likely going to lose subs cos of people losing interest and 4 weeks of less revenue from the channel. Sure, I don't make a whole lot from it, but it's better than nothing. It's farcical that we, as I stated before, as the region with the least infections (22 per 100k people), it's a joke that we've been boosted up by 3 tiers.

Me me me eh? 

• Agree 5

I expect there will be a statement from the club this morning.

Most of the country going into Level 4 will only work to slow the virus if folk follow the rules. Doesn't help that even this weekend we are still getting Central Belters coming up here to drink in our pubs.

11 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Me me me eh? 

I mean, yes? Why wouldn't it be? I was giving an example of how ridiculous it is to be thrown further into Lockdown Hell and the effects of it. Can't exactly use anyone else as an example cos I don't know how it would precisely impact them, hence the reason I used my predicament as the example. Wasn't supposed to be a "me me me" thing, it was the only example of being shafted by government rulings I had to hand...