Streaming

tm4tj

No Official statement that I can see regarding this apart from this article in the P&J. Is he really in touch with fans to think that only a handful of people were unhappy with the quality of the stream. If they had asked for feedback I doubt it would have been reported as OK.

P&J article 

1 hour ago, MorayJaggie said:

That will be the bio secure area to minimise the risk of infection to players and staff.

Don't see why the uncovered bits can't be used? Those bits are surely far enough away from where the staff would be to get a couple fans in there, especially when you can access those parts from the North and South Stand entrances

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Don't see why the uncovered bits can't be used? Those bits are surely far enough away from where the staff would be to get a couple fans in there, especially when you can access those parts from the North and South Stand entrances

Even  at pitoddrie we were placed in the Richard Donald stand and weren't allowed in the main stand. Spfl and sfa guidelines are strict about the bio secure areas. We were made to wear masks and full PPE as if we were in a patients hone at all times with temperature checks and filling in questionnaires regarding potential exposure and symptoms 24 hours prior to attending. For The sake of allowing 20 30 fans in easier to keep it cordoned off. 

On 10/29/2020 at 6:12 PM, tm4tj said:

No Official statement that I can see regarding this apart from this article in the P&J. Is he really in touch with fans to think that only a handful of people were unhappy with the quality of the stream. If they had asked for feedback I doubt it would have been reported as OK.

P&J article 

Emailed Gardiner this week outlining the issues and suggestions to resolve them. No response as yet. 

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

Emailed Gardiner this week outlining the issues and suggestions to resolve them. No response as yet. 

I'm still waiting on a response to my email to the club I sent on Sunday. It seems like they are playing the Three Wise Monkeys card over any comments on the streaming.

27 minutes ago, Row S said:

I'm still waiting on a response to my email to the club I sent on Sunday. It seems like they are playing the Three Wise Monkeys card over any comments on the streaming.

Well according to the P&J comments (odd the club never made a statement about it) it wasn't that bad and we're just plain wrong about the whole thing. Strange seen as virtually everyone I've spoken to about it thought it was woeful.  

I've contacted the club a handful of times over the years including directly to chairmen and they have never gone unanswered. First time for everything I suppose. 

Edited by Fraz

• 2 weeks later...

Raith Rovers stream was excellent and priced the same as ours PPV. 

I presume we will be persevering with same substandard product viewed from the worst possible side of the stadium.

Not seen anything online yet regarding East Fife game. Other clubs been pushing their streaming since midweek.

How not to promote your club.

7 minutes ago, Row S said:

Free because it's a dead rubber? Otherwise there wouldn't be much interest in subscribing. I'd already decided not to bother before the announcement. 

You can't pleas everybody :slapme: we should be grateful for small mercies!

• Agree 3

I'm not pleased with the quality of the stream anyway. I can't get it to link to my 4k smart tv either, so limited to the 15" lap top screen. If I can't make out who the players are and the commentator doesn't know either, little point in making the effort. Plenty Autumn Nations rugby to watch on Amazon Prime tomorrow afternoon.🏃🏉

15 hours ago, Row S said:

I'm not pleased with the quality of the stream anyway. I can't get it to link to my 4k smart tv either, so limited to the 15" lap top screen. If I can't make out who the players are and the commentator doesn't know either, little point in making the effort. Plenty Autumn Nations rugby to watch on Amazon Prime tomorrow afternoon.🏃🏉

How smart is the tv then? No browser?

14 hours ago, Robert said:

I use my laptop but plug a usb into it and the tv so get the full size tv picture which helps greatly. 

I'm assuming you mean usb cable between the two, otherwise that doesn't make sense.

Maybe row S could do similar, but with HDMI for his 4k.