Streaming

tm4tj

52 minutes ago, Satan said:

No, you said plug a usb into both devices , usb isn't actually a cable unless specified - can be a dongle or flash drive, amongst other things.

OK!! I knew what I meant!! Lol!!

Edited by Robert

Just now, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Commentary a bit pedestrian at times

And yet, his excitement and disbelief at us saving a penalty, in a meaningless match against a lower league side, was many times greater than the commentator describing Marshall’s shoot-out save to put Scotland through to the Euros!

• Like 2

Credit where it's due, the stream was decent enough today and the commentary was ok. What I don't understand is why the club let us all go on about how shit the stream has been but don't tell us that they are going to resolve it by doing x y or z. They just keep us guessing. They must have known many were not best pleased with the original linesman head streams but never asked or gave any feedback or responded to any mail sent to them. Baffling to be honest, but at least it was watchable today.

I see the commentator got some stick on social media. In fairness I've no idea how good or bad he may have been as I turned it off so I could hear folk chatting in the Zoom call however if the person is struggling then maybe getting a second body alongside him would help out. Bring in some extra knowledge about ICT (and their opposition) and give the guy a bit of a confidence boost and the two could play off each other. The Raith duo the other night weren't perfect but they worked well together.

• Agree 2

There's always people going to criticise no matter who it is, many have their own agenda. To me the commentator is not as important as being able to see a decent stream and it was certainly watchable. The commentator was the same guy that did the first game. Thought he did ok as he's learning how to do it. I doubt it's as easy as people think it is to babble on for ninety minutes without repeating yourself. He maybe over articulated at times but that will come with game time. It was probably as difficult for him as it was for us to pick out certain players. I suppose a sidekick to bounce off and spot the players would help. As i said, not overly fussed by the commentator, or any commentator for that matter, but I'm not going to be criticising him for giving it his best.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I can't comment on the stream as I couldn't get it to work. The link for the 'live video' was never active. Pass!

Maybe you weren’t logged in? I find that every time I leave the SPFL site I have to log back in.

Ok my thoughts  

Camera work was so much better. No seasickness. Maybe lacking replays etc but such an improvement on previous efforts. 

Commentary - Firstly he did a bit of homework this time unlike the first outing. However, he has to realise its not radio and gaps allowed. Doesnt need to be constant chat and facts. I agree with other posters that a co-comentator would be a good idea. Maybe I do have an agenda here but I do really think using one of our own such as Nareys toepoker/hislopoffsideagain, who commentated last season and knows the club well, would have been so much better. Why take someone in from outside who appears to have no experience of doing stuff like this and is obviously someone new to club? Thats my opinion and Im sticking with it. 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 1

A much better streaming experience today.  It seemed pretty clear from the previous efforts that the Pixelot ball tracking technology wasn't up to the job and so it is positive that Pixelot seem to accept the need for moving the cameras with human input. It looks as though a decent solution has been found but I don't know why they have the cameras in the Main Stand.  Fortunately, the sun wasn't shining today. The Club and TV companies have their cameras facing the Main Stand for a very good reason!

As for the commentary, I rather enjoyed Andy's enthusiasm - and bias!  It's a difficult job because there is a short delay on the streaming so Andy had to commentate on the streaming feed and not from looking out of the window.  This makes it far more challenging for a number of reasons.  East Fife didn't help by having the squad numbers in black against a black framed pattern on the back of their shirts.  I agree with the comments that it would be helpful for him to have somebody with him to help identify the players and perhaps pick up on one or two other things as well.

Hopefully the various stakeholders can build on this significant improvement, as with no sign of paying customers being allowed into the ground for a while, the club needs to maximise the number of PPV viewers to get some level of income trickling in.

• Agree 2

I came home in time for the second half and got connected no problem. Much improved but as OCG says, I’m sure we could get somebody with a genuine connection to the club. Sure, Andy needs to get more experience, but maybe he can get it on somebody else’s time.

Did anybody watching on a phone or tablet notice if there was a casting option? I have a so-called smart tv which works fine for Netflix but can’t seem to connect to the internet for anything else.
So watching the games I have to use a 27” iMac and so far Mrs Mantis is being a bit obstreperous about dragging armchairs into another room 😂

Also being a Panasonic there’s no YouTube app as apparently they’ve stopped talking to each other, so I have to cast YouTube from my tablet which is no great hardship I suppose.

Just now, TheMantis said:

I came home in time for the second half and got connected no problem. Much improved but as OCG says, I’m sure we could get somebody with a genuine connection to the club. Sure, Andy needs to get more experience, but maybe he can get it on somebody else’s time.

Did anybody watching on a phone or tablet notice if there was a casting option? I have a so-called smart tv which works fine for Netflix but can’t seem to connect to the internet for anything else.
So watching the games I have to use a 27” iMac and so far Mrs Mantis is being a bit obstreperous about dragging armchairs into another room 😂

Also being a Panasonic there’s no YouTube app as apparently they’ve stopped talking to each other, so I have to cast YouTube from my tablet which is no great hardship I suppose.

We connected laptop to tv by HDMI cable to get on tv. Maybe worth a try? 

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

Is there any way the club could open up part of one of the stands (North or South) to a small number of PATG holders or is the priority going to be trying to get Tier 2 ST holders in for a game?

Id have thought ST holders would expect priority given they wont all get in and have pd up front. I assume all will live in teir 1 to start with?