Streaming

tm4tj

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

Is there any way the club could open up part of one of the stands (North or South) to a small number of PATG holders or is the priority going to be trying to get Tier 2 ST holders in for a game?

What’s a PATG holder please?

19 minutes ago, RiG said:

Is there any way the club could open up part of one of the stands (North or South) to a small number of PATG holders or is the priority going to be trying to get Tier 2 ST holders in for a game?

22 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Did anybody watching on a phone or tablet notice if there was a casting option? I have a so-called smart tv which works fine for Netflix but can’t seem to connect to the internet for anything else.
So watching the games I have to use a 27” iMac and so far Mrs Mantis is being a bit obstreperous about dragging armchairs into another room 😂

Was watching on a laptop, and it did have a casting option. It seemed to be on the stream itself rather than an option of my browser, which is Vivaldi, so may be worth looking at. If it is a browser thing then should be available on any Chromium based browser, Vivaldi is available for OS10.10 and newer if you want to try that. Start the stream on the iMac, cast it to the TV, which would work as long as they are on the same network, and go through to watch.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

We connected laptop to tv by HDMI cable to get on tv. Maybe worth a try? 

Yeah the trouble is I don’t have a laptop so it would need to be a long cable 😜

4 minutes ago, Rasczak said:

Was watching on a laptop, and it did have a casting option. It seemed to be on the stream itself rather than an option of my browser, which is Vivaldi, so may be worth looking at. If it is a browser thing then should be available on any Chromium based browser, Vivaldi is available for OS10.10 and newer if you want to try that. Start the stream on the iMac, cast it to the TV, which would work as long as they are on the same network, and go through to watch.

Ok this might be a goer, thanks 👍

45 minutes ago, RiG said:

The season ticket holders have already paid up front and I imagine a large majority will be living in a tier 1 area.  If only 300 are allowed into the stadium for each match, then each ST holder will only get to about 1 in 3 or 4 games I guess and in a shortened season, that is not very many.  I would hope that when restrictions change so that those ST holders who are now in tier 2 or 3 areas are able to attend, they will then get priority.  I can't see non ST holders getting in until significantly more than 300 are allowed in the ground.  It just wouldn't be fair on ST holders.  

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

Did anybody watching on a phone or tablet notice if there was a casting option? 

Whilst I use a usb cable to link my laptop to my tv, we also have a cable (not sure what it is called) that we use to view anything on our mobiles on the tv. That may be an option. We got it on Amazon at the start of lockdown so we could watch music streams on facebook on a larger screen.

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

Did anybody watching on a phone or tablet notice if there was a casting option? I have a so-called smart tv which works fine for Netflix but can’t seem to connect to the internet for anything else.

1 hour ago, Rasczak said:

Was watching on a laptop, and it did have a casting option. It seemed to be on the stream itself rather than an option of my browser, which is Vivaldi, so may be worth looking at. 

Yes, the stream had a cast option on the window but it said to me that my TV did not support it. I was using Chrome on a Surface tablet running Win10 and the TV is LG so pretty standard equipment. I ended up using an HDMI adapter in the display port and plugged in one of the HDMI cables already coming out of the TV.   Worked perfectly.

11 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Did you look in the fixtures tab on the site, that's where you should have found it?

Yes Don, as I say, the Live Video link was never active and unclickable.

I've been watching it through the edge browser on my Xbox so I can watch it on my big tv. A couple of teething issues but seems to be working well although I'm not convinced that the image transmitted is 1080p. 

18 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

The season ticket holders have already paid up front and I imagine a large majority will be living in a tier 1 area.  If only 300 are allowed into the stadium for each match, then each ST holder will only get to about 1 in 3 or 4 games I guess and in a shortened season, that is not very many.  I would hope that when restrictions change so that those ST holders who are now in tier 2 or 3 areas are able to attend, they will then get priority.  I can't see non ST holders getting in until significantly more than 300 are allowed in the ground.  It just wouldn't be fair on ST holders.  

Completely understand that. I wonder if there is any way the club could have a small number of PATG punters to at least get some cash in whilst all this is going on.

4 hours ago, Fraz said:

I've been watching it through the edge browser on my Xbox so I can watch it on my big tv. A couple of teething issues but seems to be working well although I'm not convinced that the image transmitted is 1080p. 

I was thinking the same yesterday. 720p at best.

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

I dont think there is any way the club could consider having PAYG fans whilst season ticket holders have to stay at home. Is there maybe some way that the club could raise money on a matchday though? Not sure how but maybe a virtual programme or raffle? Or? 

Maybe they could open the sports bar / cafe (whatever it is now) and allow some fans in for a socially distanced drink?

The reason I hope that some PATG fans could get in is that not everyone who wanted to buy a season ticket may have been able to with everything that has gone on this year and whilst I agree that ST holders should get priority for the most part it would be nice if some a small number of PATG punters could get a chance to attend a match as well.

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

Maybe they could open the sports bar / cafe (whatever it is now) and allow some fans in for a socially distanced drink?

The reason I hope that some PATG fans could get in is that not everyone who wanted to buy a season ticket may have been able to with everything that has gone on this year and whilst I agree that ST holders should get priority for the most part it would be nice if some a small number of PATG punters could get a chance to attend a match as well.

Think the sports bar is the away dressing room.

I get that but how could the club sell a ST to someone but ask them to remain at home but sell seats to non season ticket holder? Would it even be legal? I assume there will still be a PAYG streaming option though? 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

I don't  think they are allowed to open anything for any kind of refreshments and I am sure that Robbo said in an interview that the sports bar area had been converted to changing rooms with showers for the away team.

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

I get that but how could the club sell a ST to someone but ask them to remain at home but sell seats to non season ticket holder? Would it even be legal? I assume there will still be a PAYG streaming option though? 

I'm not saying that the club actively ask ST holders to stay at home so they can make an extra buck however if in the event contacted ST holders can't go for whatever reason maybe there could be something setup where a PATG supporter could attend. Maybe shove them in the West Stand or something I don't know. As I say I agree that ST holders are the priority however we also have a number of people who PATG and it would be good if there was something available to them that is offered in a controlled manner (i.e. only IV purchases could PATG) so both "types" of fans can attend but obviously weight it in favour of ST holders for obvious reasons.

Complete speculation on my part obviously :laugh: 

Edited by RiG

23 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'm not saying that the club actively ask ST holders to stay at home so they can make an extra buck however if in the event contacted ST holders can't go for whatever reason maybe there could be something setup where a PATG supporter could attend. Maybe shove them in the West Stand or something I don't know. As I say I agree that ST holders are the priority however we also have a number of people who PATG and it would be good if there was something available to them that is offered in a controlled manner (i.e. only IV purchases could PATG) so both "types" of fans can attend but obviously weight it in favour of ST holders for obvious reasons.

It's a perfectly reasonable point and I'm sure the club would be open to considering that in due course.  In their FAQs, the club state in relation to PATG "For now, season ticket holders have priority entry to the ballots in line with other limited availability ticket procedures."  The "for now" bit would suggest they will be open to considering access to PATG (or buying on-line) when allowed to.  As far as I am aware, the decision to restrict entrance to ST holders is one taken above club level.

If ST holders who are successful in the ballot cannot or do not wish to attend, then their seat will be offered to another ST holder.  I guess we will soon learn what the procedure for this is.  I don't know whether folk successful in the ballot will be asked to confirm their intention to attend, or whether they will be asked to contact the club if the can't attend.  One thing is for sure, if folk whose name is drawn out of the ballot simply don't turn up and don't bother to let the club know, there will a lot of other folk, both ST holders and PATG customers, who will be well p***ed off.

Bottom line is that the more conscientious we all are about observing the advice and regulations for controlling the virus, the sooner more of us will be able get to watch the football.

• Agree 1

Hopefully the ST holders will know early enough this week whether or not they have been successful in the ballot.

The way the fixtures have fallen there only 3 more home games after that before the end of December. So we might only get to attend 1 game up until then. Let's hope that situation and the poor quality streaming won't have dampened our interest by then.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Already looking forward to someone getting selected in the ballot then selling their invitation on eBay for several hundred pounds.

Says in FAO that you must show photo ID 

PS I know that was a tongue in cheek comment btw 

Edited by old caley girl
Clarification
  • Funny 1

On 11/15/2020 at 6:42 PM, old caley girl said:

I dont think there is any way the club could consider having PAYG fans whilst season ticket holders have to stay at home. Is there maybe some way that the club could raise money on a matchday though? Not sure how but maybe a virtual programme or raffle? Or? 

I've been saying for years about an online 50/50 draw and folk can sign up to on a weekly/monthly basis similar to the national lottery online.  This could bring in some extra coppers at home games with limited fans in attendance and no way of getting any revenue out of them.

• Agree 1