Hearts (A) 7 November 2020 - Matchday & Streaming Info

RiG

I don't know about you but I am truly listless ahead of this weekends game against Heart of Midlothian Football Club!

The streaming experience is garbage. Watching your team play on a wee screen and shouting over your pals on a Zoom call doesn't compare to the real thing. We should be looking forward to a pint in Bensons, chatting with friends and opposition fans, getting irate over a Hearts player moving 3 yards too far forward to take a throw in and shouting abuse at Liam Boyce for his time OTB.

All the same, we press on...

I guess we are looking at roughly the same side that started against Arbroath? I haven't seen much in the way of updates on players coming back from injury though I would be tempted to swap Mckay out for Devine. 

No information that I have seen regarding streaming operations from Tynecastle though Hearts did promise a multi camera setup so that sounds promising. Maybe.

• Like 1

On principal, I’m not paying £18.50 to watch it. I have told my wife not to let me change my mind on Saturday morning. I’d rather pay Raith Rovers to watch the cup game the following Saturday even although we have no chance of qualifying for the knock out rounds. 

• Agree 1

I wonder what, if any, market research they have done on this?  I would think that more than half the people who would pay to watch at £10 will not watch at £18.50.  But no doubt a percentage or a fixed sum from each viewer will go to other stakeholders, so maybe Hearts will make more money than if they charged less.  Not good for the fans though.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

I wonder what, if any, market research they have done on this?  I would think that more than half the people who would pay to watch at £10 will not watch at £18.50.  But no doubt a percentage or a fixed sum from each viewer will go to other stakeholders, so maybe Hearts will make more money than if they charged less.  Not good for the fans though.

They’ve got a zillion season ticket holders, and you can subscribe to hearts tv for £60 a year (not sure if you get live streaming in the UK atm for that though) so PPV will generally be away fans, so they get screwed. 

After the problems I had with the Dunfermline stream I'm not going to risk it. I will, however, be emailing my complaint to Hearts and having a rant on their fan's website, Jambos Kickback, about the extortionate price.😡

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

The cost of EPL PPV is £14.50 so I still can't understand why hearts are £18.50 seems to be the most expensive in the UK.

It's in 3D with surround sound. 

• tm4tj pinned this topic

I'm just gutted that for the 2nd time my hopes of flying up to Edinburgh to watch Caley play Hearts have been thwarted (previously it was high winds). The weather down in Surrey is perfect for an Autumn game, and it looks the same for Edinburgh.

This will be an interesting test, in theory Hearts are the favourites, but I have good feeling that we can do well. Handy to have Doran available, and be interesting to see if Kennedy can be influential. Can Toddy keep his scoring run going, is this the season Daniel really makes a mark? If we can be tight at the back, anything is possible.

Can't believe how much Hearts want to stream the game, people are complaining about sub £15 to watch a Premier league game down here to the extent that it looks like it'll be abandoned. (Palace are playing so poorly, wasting our attacking capabilities, I defo wouldn't pay)  If Hearts had been charging  a tenner, I think they'd get more take up. Worth noting that a NOW TV Sports day pass is £9.99 for access to all Sky Channels!

• tm4tj changed the title to Hearts (A) 7 November 2020 - Matchday & Streaming Info
  • tm4tj featured this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic