Hearts (A) 7 November 2020 - Matchday & Streaming Info

RiG

Next league game is against Raith. They are 5 up against Morton and top of the league as it stands, so hopefully we get players fit over the next two weeks in the cup games and are ready to make a move up the table when the league resumes. 

Cracking header by Doran and we pushed hard for an equaliser, buzzing around the Hearts box. Allardice flashing a shot rashly high and wide. 

More positives than negatives for me.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

4-1 up against Leeds: maybe you should have forked our today!

Yes...I love a surprise! But would have taken a 3-1 if I could have spirited a goal up North for the equaliser.  Overall though encouraged by the preformance and closeness of the result.

To be honest a good result especially since hearts demolished Dundee. Beat hibs in the cup and are generally romping the league. To have two matches against them and onlynloose by one goal each time and with lots of players out positive signs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I thought we did OK but never looked like we were going to win the game or seriously threaten Hearts.  It's frustrsting to concede a goal so quickly after the break, we did the same in the cup semi-final a season or so ago against Hearts.  Defensively we were fairly solid but were still stretched, we didn't clear our lines as well as you'd want and that put a bit of pressure back onto us.  Goign forward I thought the '3' looked good considering they are all teenagers, esepcially Kennedy who looks like he could be a really useful player in this division.  I felt Todorov didn't manage to keep the ball well enough, but it's a difficult shift on your own up front away to probably the best centre halves in the league.

While it's great to have three young players like Kennedy, MacGregor and Mackay I think that for all their endevour and good play they didn't create many clear chances.  Doran and Keatings both carry more goal threat I think and obviously both were involved in the goal that we did score.  Doran obviously isn't match fit though but maybe Keatings coudl be an option to come back in.  

I thought Harper looked a lot better than in the league cup game, Allardice was good and is having a great start to the season and Welsh was OK as well, although you are just counting the minutes until he gets injured.

Good point made on P&B, we pressed Hearts well from the front and might not have had that if we'd had Doran and Keatings playing.  Certainly MacGregor's energy and pressure is one of his main assets and I thought he had a good game.

Another point made on teh P&B thread is that we've played three  best teams in the league in our first four games, hopefully we can pick up some more points in games to come.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic