Raith Rovers (A) 10 November 2020 - Matchday & Streaming Info

RiG

1 minute ago, WYNESS101 said:

Awful pens 

Main focus was on fitness and getting players some game time. We have treated the league cup as our pre-season games. League will always be number one priority 

Always an excuse....   Be nice to have won a game.

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1

A really good game. Unlucky not to win as we bossed the second half against a team that has had a good start to the season.

Disappointing shoot out with Toddy’s saved, Keatings hitting the woodwork and Kennedy missing, but we’d no hope of qualifying for the knock out stages.

I’m worried about central defence as we were caught out for all their goals. Mckay was struggling before his injury. Devine got caught out for the first and Deas for the third. If we don’t have Toshney, I think Devine and Deas should be allowed to develop a partnership.

Plenty of positives as we were good when we moved it fast. Ridgers had a few good saves. Duffy and Harper both contributed. Allardice is a find, and Kennedy will do well. Hope we keep him for the full season. Good to see MacGregor on the score sheet.

Good that Doran, Sutherland, Devine and Keatings all played 90 minutes. There will be more to come from them.

It was a good game and gives me confidence that we will be battling at the right end of the table. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

Some good play from the guys in the second half. Couldn't hold on to the lead though. Yes, penalty practice much required.

Can we get the Raith TV stream for our next home games? I'd use their commentary team too.

• Agree 1

Really enjoyed the game. Looked like a friendly as both teams opened up knowing they had little chance of going through. Their lad from Aberdeen Ross looked handy as did the big 9. However after 20 minutes we began to control it and for most of the second half were on top and creating chances. It was only in the last five minutes I felt we lost control. 
thought Allardice looked really good. Kennedy came onto a game in second half and thought our midfield had plenty of movement. Yes defence got caught but individual errors rather than disorganisation. Encouraging

• Agree 1

I agree. Good to see Sutherland get a goal and was that MacGregor’s first goal for the first team? If so, it should give him confidence.

I’m not sure Keatings and Sutherland are fully fit yet, so there will be more to come from them. 

Hopefully game time and a convincing win on Saturday will set us up for the league game with Raith later this month which, hopefully, some of us will be at.

Any word on our camera system? I was impressed by the pictures and commentary tonight. 

17 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

3 words

Get. Devine. Out.

Sorry, I disagree. The only error was being caught out for their first goal. He had a couple of great challenges first half that stopped likely goals and the own goal was not his fault as the ball hit him at speed. He was stronger than Mckay before Mckay ‘s injury whilst Deas got caught out with the third goal.

If we don’t have Toshney fit, I think Devine and Deas could form a decent partnership. 

Edited by Robert

2 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

3 words

Get. Devine. Out.

You can add John Robertson, Barry Wilson and Scott Kellacher to that as well!! Laugh or moan all you like lol but, I'm entitled to my opinion and that is it, its getting ridiculous how bad we defend and lose games, one win all season is just unacceptable for a team that ended 2nd last season, and don't give me pish about a new team, its basically the same team with some good, and disastrous additions!

How the hell did our so called manager think Danny Devine is better than any other CB that was available!! I do, however, applaud him for finding gems like Allardice, Deas and Kennedy though ;-).

Its time for a new manager imho because this one just doesn't learn from his past mistakes and can't change things when its going wrong.

Its going to be a long season, one where we will be battling to stay up, which for a club like ours is totally unacceptable!!

Rant over hahaha.

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Facepalm 1

What was our penalty awarded for I couldn't see on Raith tv. By the way can the club not speak to Raith and find out what system they use as their feed was great no issues good commentary replays and halftime entertainment all for 9.99. Yet spfl stream is crap. 

10 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

Awful pens 

Main focus was on fitness and getting players some game time. We have treated the league cup as our pre-season games. League will always be number one priority 

Absolutely agree. Although the poor defending and inability to hold onto a lead going into the final stages of a match is a concern.

We need to tighten up at the back to have any realistic prospect of promotion this season.

58 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

By the way can the club not speak to Raith and find out what system they use as their feed was great no issues good commentary replays and halftime entertainment all for 9.99.

Two commentators, a cameraman, secondary cameras behind the goals, a producer, and a classy website.

Even if the people are volunteers - and I don't know if that is the case - then that all costs a fair amount of money to set up.  And money is very scarce this season. 

Before the match the commentators were saying that Raith was fortunate that they set their system up about 7 years ago - although it has since been upgraded - and that they would not like to be starting from scratch this season.  7 years' experience will also help!

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic