East Fife Preview & Matchday

tm4tj

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

Good that the club is making tomorrow’s stream free to all. Our season tickets would not have got us the stream so take up would have been low given we are out of contention. 

I wonder if Cammy will get game time in goal. With Duffy doubtful, will it be a first start for Fyffe? Devine and Deas will presumably be the centre half pairing, with Harper at left back.

We have limited options for central midfield: Welsh and Allardice if both fit, possibly MacGregor.

Is imagine Doran and Sutherland will start to get more game time, with Kennedy and either Mackay or Keatings making up the front four.

Another game that is all about building fitness and confidence. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

I see this game has really grabbed the imagination.

We're out of the competition, Robbo, even before this tie, was making no secret he wasn't bothered about it and now we're treating it as some kind of super friendly, the streaming experience so far has been rotten...

I can see why there isn't much excitement for this one. In general I do fear a further drop off in attendances as people find something else to do with their Saturday's instead of going to the football. We've never had the most committed fan base at the best of times and the longer we go on without getting fans into grounds the more likely it is even more of our support will drift away.

I don’t agree that folk are finding something else to do on Saturdays.  Over the past two days I have unexpectedly met several friends/fans all of whom are just waiting to get back to seeing ICT, saying their Saturdays are not the same at all.   Me neither.   In the meantime I am glad to see the games streamed on my iPad - despite all the complaints I am just so pleased to be able to see ICT.    Happy clapper I suppose but I miss the North Stand and all the awaydays with the Travel Club - as usual not appreciated until it’s gone. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Confused 1

EF teams.jpgCammy Mackay starts as does Harry Nicolson, his first start (pic below). Miles Storey is on the bench, no sign of the injured Brad Mckay, James Vincent, Wallace Duffy, Sean Welsh, Kevin McHattie or Lewis Toshney. Jack  Hamilton and Ryan Wallace will be the ones to watch for East Fife.

Harry Nicolson.jpg

Betfred Cup.jpg

36 minutes ago, lizi said:

I don’t agree that folk are finding something else to do on Saturdays.  Over the past two days I have unexpectedly met several friends/fans all of whom are just waiting to get back to seeing ICT, saying their Saturdays are not the same at all.   Me neither.   In the meantime I am glad to see the games streamed on my iPad - despite all the complaints I am just so pleased to be able to see ICT.    Happy clapper I suppose but I miss the North Stand and all the awaydays with the Travel Club - as usual not appreciated until it’s gone. 

The number of votes in the Player of the Year is way down which suggests less people are watching the streams than would normally go to a game. In another thread one poster isn't bothering with the stream today because they are going to watch rugby instead and there seems to be less and less discussion pre and post match than last season. Even before the pandemic our crowds were heading in a downward trajectory. It certainly seems like some supporters are losing interest and as we've seen it's hard to get them back through the gate.

Maybe I am putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5 but looking at all of that it's hard not to feel like interest is waning badly. The sooner we get back into grounds the better.

He’s on the bench again. Robbo said some are carrying knocks, so he is maybe one of them. Surprised Keatings not starting to get more game time, but he’s possibly not fully fit either. Will be interesting to see how young Nicolson does. 

I suspect that you are spot on RIG although naturally I hope not. I am involved at my local golf club and we have had an amazing uptake in memberships ( this is reported countrywide ). No football or rugby to attend; an overwhelming view that sport without fans is just crap to watch; no prospect of a return anytime soon. Many people have said to me that golf is their new Saturday pastime and have signed up for another year. Its inevitable. The irony is that so many of these golf clubs were threatened with closure prior to Covid and have now  been given a new lease of life.

That’s the live stream started. Sounds like we will have commentary today. No sun and hopefully no bald linesmen, so hopefully the quality of the stream will be much better. Time will tell.

Some interesting info in the build up. This is the first time we’ve played East Fife since we got promoted from the second division in 1998/9.  

Edited by Robert
Corrected typo about promotion year!

9 minutes ago, Robert said:

That’s the live stream started. Sounds like we will have commentary today.

Some interesting info in the build up. This is the first time we’ve played East Fife since we got promoted from the second division in 2008/9. 

logged in too 🙂

think you mean 1998/99 - a 4-0 win at the TCS  on March 13 1999 with goals from Scotty McLean, Barry Wilson, Paul Sheerin and Mike Teasdale. 

Just now, Scotty said:

logged in too 🙂

think you mean 1998/99 - a 4-0 win at the TCS  on March 13 1999 with goals from Scotty McLean, Barry Wilson, Paul Sheerin and Mike Teasdale. 

Oops. Corrected my typo now!

First impressions are that camera is a bit shaky/jerky and on one occasion it reset and took me back to the start of the game just as there was some action in the box. Other than that not completely terrible. I still think @ANDYCAM does a better job from the other side of the park though. 

commentary is a bit flat but he is doing his best I think. Better than most of us would be able to do in the same situation. Can hear the rustling of pages as he checks things and to be fair he did admit to having difficulty working out the EF players due to their strip colours. Also think commentary is always better when you have a second person to do the colour commentary and so that they can feed of each other. 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic