East Fife Preview & Matchday

tm4tj

Just now, MorayJaggie said:

What a save

Not a criticism, but it’s a little shame that we can’t get a replay to show how good. Looked pretty close to being in before he scooped it back. 

Just now, Moogthurso said:

Scotty can you not just rewind feed...

Good point. I guess I could but watching on my surface with HDMI to telly and don’t want to screw it up. 

15 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Not a criticism, but it’s a little shame that we can’t get a replay to show how good. Looked pretty close to being in before he scooped it back. 

Just had a look, was a couple of feet out I reckon, but it only came from a few feet away so great placement and reaction.

Watching the feed right now and hearing the stadium announcer reading out the other scores ... I find myself wondering why? and for who?

they did the same over here in MLS when they were playing in empty stadiums. Is it habit? Or a requirement?

29 minutes ago, Scotty said:

First impressions are that camera is a bit shaky/jerky and on one occasion it reset and took me back to the start of the game just as there was some action in the box. Other than that not completely terrible. I still think @ANDYCAM does a better job from the other side of the park though. 

commentary is a bit flat but he is doing his best I think. Better than most of us would be able to do in the same situation. Can hear the rustling of pages as he checks things and to be fair he did admit to having difficulty working out the EF players due to their strip colours. Also think commentary is always better when you have a second person to do the colour commentary and so that they can feed of each other. 

The trick for working out who the opposing players are is to watch footage of/read up on previous games (so you know what likely position each player will be in), to check photos online beforehand and to watch the warmup and identify players with distinctive haircuts/boots.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Watching the feed right now and hearing the stadium announcer reading out the other scores ... I find myself wondering why? and for who?

they did the same over here in MLS when they were playing in empty stadiums. Is it habit? Or a requirement?

and now he just announced the details of the next fixture to an empty ground.

Think McGregor has been okay, but sloppy at times, getting caught in possession or giving the ball away. 

Toward the end of the first half Kennedy was the one looking most dangerous,  drawing numerous fouls from the left back, quiet second so far.

1 minute ago, FrontRow said:

Good to see them playing it from the back and keeping the balloon the deck. Camera much much better. Commentary.....he’s trying really hard and he’s got a lot of facts but it’s like listening to Wikipedia 

All things considered I think he's doing a decent job - not an easy thing to do, I know I couldn't do anywhere near as good.  Ta very much to whoever has been responsible for sorting out the camera :twothumbsup:

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic