East Fife Preview & Matchday

tm4tj

Not much to inspire fans today,  It was a meaningless game in both ways, Best part of the game ( apart from Shane's header which broke the boredom) was the referee falling on his arse after the penalty save.

At least a couple of our ' top'  players got game time, Storey missed a couple of one v one on the keeper,  Hopefully we'll have a stronger team out next Saturday for the 300 chosen ones to see..

32 minutes ago, FrontRow said:

Good to see them playing it from the back and keeping the balloon the deck. Camera much much better. Commentary.....he’s trying really hard and he’s got a lot of facts but it’s like listening to Wikipedia 

I reckon Andy did a top job. Well researched. Great running commentary. Most coverage have a couple of pundits with facts and someone else doing commentary - he did it all on his own! Not just that but the atmosphere is flat as a pancake and he put some energy into it. You could always volunteer if you think you could do better ...

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

overall a decent product today. Camera work much better than previous efforts according to those that paid for it .. lesson learned should be to have an operator for future games.

Commentary a little flat in places as I said earlier BUT he was doing his best and had obviously done some research and had lots of factoids written down. I enjoyed the commentary, especially as it became obvious he is an ICT fan and got excited when we were doing well. As I said earlier I think it’s difficult to do and especially on your own. A partner to help out, to get a bit of banter going, and to share the load would improve things a lot. 
Well done to all involved. It was a nothing game but great to be able to watch ICT over this side of the pond this morning. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

overall a decent product today. Camera work much better than previous efforts according to those that paid for it .. lesson learned should be to have an operator for future games.

Commentary a little flat in places as I said earlier BUT he was doing his best and had obviously done some research and had lots of factoids written down. I enjoyed the commentary, especially as it became obvious he is an ICT fan and got excited when we were doing well. As I said earlier I think it’s difficult to do and especially on your own. A partner to help out, to get a bit of banter going, and to share the load would improve things a lot. 
Well done to all involved. It was a nothing game but great to be able to watch ICT over this side of the pond this morning. 

As part of the needing 2 to do the commentary, there were times when it was clear that he was reading from his notes while an attack started and so he missed the beginning, if there were two then the other could pick that up earlier. It did also seem to me that he was also just watching the stream as well, not seeing the game on the pitch, was he doing it from home rather than the stadium?

5 minutes ago, Rasczak said:

It did also seem to me that he was also just watching the stream as well, not seeing the game on the pitch, was he doing it from home rather than the stadium?

I wondered the same but as an East Fife player was being subbed he said he needed him to turn around so he could see the shirt number to know who it was. He saw that it was number 7 before we could see that on the stream so reckon he was probably in the stadium after all.

Much better coverage and the commentator did well, given he was on his own in an empty stadium. We cannot expect Sky Sports level commentary. As he was watching the feed, that could explain why he struggled at the Ayr game, as he’d have been watching the linesman’s head too at times!

I agree with tm4j’s summing up in his report. We edged the first half but struggled to break East Fife down as they got everyone behind the ball. MacKay saved us from going in behind at the break.

I felt our goal came slightly against the run of play but a well taken header by Sutherland from an accurate corner by Harper. It’s worth noting it was a cross from debutant Nicholson that led to the corner. 

We then struggled to create chances, but Storey missed a sitter when clean through. Possibly lack of fitness and sharpness was a factor.

East Fife then hemmed us in a bit, and Deas gave away the penalty in stoppage time, which MacKay got down well to save.

It was a “nothing game” which showed at times, but hopefully we got no more injuries with some players getting valuable  game time. Again it was a very young team.

MacKay was the man of the match for me for his saves. Nicholson did well on his first start. Harper continues to develop. Devine had a steady game, as did Deas until his error for the penalty.

Allardice was quieter than in recent games, but carrying a knock according to Robbo’s pre-match interview. MacGregor had a decent game.

Doran and Kennedy had a fair bit of the ball, but struggled to create much, but Kennedy has great potential and will have quieter games at his age.

We didn’t see much from Todorov, whilst Sutherland was playing wide quite a bit but took his goal well.

We got the job done, but not a shadow of Tuesday’s performance.

To close, well done again to the club for sorting the stream out, and to the commentator who did well. 

• Like 3

Today marks the 4th year in a row we've failed to progress past the group stages under Robbo. Only one ICT manager has gotten us out of the League Cup Group Stage - the legendary Richie Foran!

16/17 W3 D1 L0 Pts 10 (0 bonus points) Qualified
17/18 W2 D1 L1 Pts 8 (1 bonus point) Knocked Out
18/19 W3 D0 L1 Pts 9 (0 bonus points) Knocked Out
19/20 W2 D1 L1 Pts 7 (0 bonus points) Knocked Out
20/21 W1 D2 L1 Pts 6 (1 bonus point) Knocked Out

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

Well done Harry Nicolson!  A really decent performance on his debut.  Good performances too from Cammy Mackay and Cameron Harper.  It's really good to see these youngsters being given a chance and doing so well.  It wasn't the greatest of games but East Fife played very well and kept a really solid shape at the back.  They caused us a few problems at the other end too.  Another well taken goal by Sutherland who may be a really important player for us this season.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Today marks the 4th year in a row we've failed to progress past the group stages under Robbo. Only one ICT manager has gotten us out of the League Cup Group Stage - the legendary Richie Foran!

16/17 W3 D1 L0 Pts 10 (0 bonus points) Qualified
17/18 W2 D1 L1 Pts 8 (1 bonus point) Knocked Out
18/19 W3 D0 L1 Pts 9 (0 bonus points) Knocked Out
19/20 W2 D1 L1 Pts 7 (0 bonus points) Knocked Out
20/21 W1 D2 L1 Pts 6 (1 bonus point) Knocked Out

Must mean Foran peaked too early in the season!!

• Facepalm 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic