ICT v Raith Rovers 21 November (with 300 fans)

Robert

6 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Mackay probably should have scored there!

Yep. But we'll take 2-0. Someone tell 'Archie McPherson' that Welsh, is the captain, Doran vice-captain lol

1 minute ago, Kingsmills said:

Promotion would be sweet if it was achieved through an aggregate win at Dingwall in the play off final.

For sure!!    forgot to add County were playing vs 10 men   :laugh:

• Agree 1

Very good performance in the 2nd half.  With better finishing we could have won that by 4 or 5.  Really good work rate throughout the team and for someone who is recovering from injury, that was some shift Miles Storey put in.  Thanks to the SPFL, I can't say I enjoyed the 1st half. 

• Agree 2

First off, the continuing streaming problems are a joke. Whether the responsibility lies with ICT or the SPFL I don't care. It's not good enough especially for ST holders who were inconvenienced today when they are already paying more than PPV fans.

Second half was a really good performance against a side in good form. I was surprised how well Allardice and MacGregor did in the centre of midfield. The former really has been an excellent signing. Scary to think that he will be free to talk to other clubs in as little as 6 week so we need to get a new offer on the table quickly. He strolled through the game easily breaking up Raith's moves through the middle of the pitch and calmly recycling possession moving it around the team. He also got forward to support the attack and bagged another goal with a well taken placed effort to wrap up the game.

Kennedy and Keatings were also decent further forward but I was a little disappointed in Sutherland and Storey who didn't offer too much in an attacking sense but it's great to have these guys back and in the team whilst retaining guys like Doran, Todorov and Macky on the bench ready to come on and freshen things up if it's not happening for others in the side. A chance to rest up for a couple of weeks before a Friday night trek to Dumfries to play QotS. 

The email I received from the SPFL helpdesk.

I am really sorry about the issues faced today, the technical issues have been immensely frustrating and not acceptable. We are currently working with our technology partner to get to the bottom of what went wrong, I will of course arrange a refund. 

Just as a bit of background, there are a few partners involved in making the stream work – Pixellot (camera), Openreach (Fibre) and StreamAMG (Streaming platform). The first few weeks we had issues with the Pixellot camera not tracking the ball – which we rectified by having a camera operator employed at the stadium. The Stream platform itself has been flawless for the last few weeks, and today unfortunately it encountered an error prior to kick off. 

Appreciate that doesn’t help the issue but just wanted to give you some context. Apologies again this has happened, myself/the club will be back in touch to confirm what measures have been taken following todays game.

11 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Very good performance in the 2nd half.  With better finishing we could have won that by 4 or 5.  Really good work rate throughout the team and for someone who is recovering from injury, that was some shift Miles Storey put in.  Thanks to the SPFL, I can't say I enjoyed the 1st half. 

It was a shame that so many people missed the first half in a unforgiveable manner, and they missed two  attempts for Storey who hit the bar...I thought he played pretty well, seems to be a different player when he plays for us, although he can be a bit hit and miss. Keatings frustrates me a bit as he is capable of great stuff, but gives the ball away far too easily

I really enjoyed the second half, and I’m sure I’d have enjoyed the first two had I been able to see more than just the last three minutes of it.

We controlled the game and were rarely troubled and should have added to our tally.

I agree about Allardice, he is a find and it will be interesting to see if we can fit him, Welsh and Carson all in when they are all fit. MacGregor did well in central midfield too.

The defence coped very well against a team that has scored a lot of goals. Good to see Keatings and Storey getting game time and both seemed lively. I hope we keep Kennedy for the full season.

After the last two league wins, we should look to continue climbing the table and really be in the mix for a play off place.

At least the next game is live on tv so we don’t have to worry about issues with the stream.

I assume it was the SPFL’s fault and they sent me an alternative link at 1615, more than half an hour after my own link was working. We need an explanation and apology.

Looking at the stands, surely more fans can be safely accommodated as many sections were empty. I will be interested to see what those there made of it all.

Onwards and upwards!

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic