ICT v Raith Rovers 21 November (with 300 fans)

Robert

Home thawing out with a  bruichladdich   Thoroughly enjoyed that and good to be back. Bit chilly but to be expected this time of year. Kai Kennedy is an exciting player and great to watch. Everyone played their part today absolutely no failures. I hope those that get to go in the next Ballots enjoy it as much as today   

10 minutes ago, jagster said:

Home thawing out with a  bruichladdich   Thoroughly enjoyed that and good to be back. Bit chilly but to be expected this time of year. Kai Kennedy is an exciting player and great to watch. Everyone played their part today absolutely no failures. I hope those that get to go in the next Ballots enjoy it as much as today   

Apologies it’s not bruichladdich. It’s a whisky from Islay no idea how to pronounce.  Very nice though 

9CD5EF1B-F9A3-4D43-B7AB-A7A3FBADC676.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Suth. Storey was on the wing

Who do you guys think is more suited to be the main striker? I'd play Sutherland but I think Storey would be better suited up front than on the wing. Could we change the system and play two up top? 

I got an email from the SPFL helpdesk at 1615 claiming that they had in fact emailed everyone at 1515 with an alternative link to access game (same as they told 2 friends too) which stated "it must have taken some time to get to some inboxes due to the number of recipients."  This was after earlier receiving the ludicrous response telling me to refresh my browser.

FFS.  I've utterly had enough of this, utter shambles.  Why do the club appear to do their very best to make it so very hard for us to support the team?   Yeah blame the provider... but how is it always/only us who seem to have these issues with the streaming?  If this was any other business I'd be moving to another brand without a second thought.  A brief apology or acknowledgement on twitter or emailed out at 3pm would have been so simple but would have gone a long way.

16 minutes ago, jagster said:

Apologies it’s not bruichladdich. It’s a whisky from Islay no idea how to pronounce.  Very nice though 

9CD5EF1B-F9A3-4D43-B7AB-A7A3FBADC676.jpeg

Big fave of mine. Finished a bottle of the 12 y.o. a couple of weeks back which was down to £30. Boon na havvin. Mouth of the river.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, quizzer said:

I got an email from the SPFL helpdesk at 1615 claiming that they had in fact emailed everyone at 1515 with an alternative link to access game (same as they told 2 friends too) which stated "it must have taken some time to get to some inboxes due to the number of recipients."  This was after earlier receiving the ludicrous response telling me to refresh my browser.

FFS.  I've utterly had enough of this, utter shambles.  Why do the club appear to do their very best to make it so very hard for us to support the team?   Yeah blame the provider... but how is it always/only us who seem to have these issues with the streaming?  If this was any other business I'd be moving to another brand without a second thought.  A brief apology or acknowledgement on twitter or emailed out at 3pm would have been so simple but would have gone a long way.

Well I emailed the help desk and still await a reply.    At the first streaming game when I had problems at first, the reply email came the next day!    SPFL are not very professional.  

They absolutely did not email an alternative link at 1515 :laugh: Maybe around 1615 they did but the spent the first half asking folk to refresh the webpage and try different browsers when it was evident early on only certain people were affected. 

The SPFL Match Centre / Pixellot / ICT PPV setup is getting pummelled again on P & B and fans are advising other supporters not to bother with paying for games involving us in Inverness. That's a pretty damning state of affairs.

That was a really good performance today. I know he gets pelters  but Brad McKay played really well today. Some of the neat interplay between Allardice, MacGregor, Kennedy and Keetings was lovely. Thought Storey ran his b**ls off and always threatens but you’re 50/50 if he’s going to do anything with it. Well impressed with how Robbo worked on that team after the game last week. they really didn’t threaten.  Workrate was excellent. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, FrontRow said:

....... Thought Storey ran his b**ls off and always threatens but you’re 50/50 if he’s going to do anything with it. ......

Couldn't agree more.  To me he is a real enigma.  Some brilliance but so often careless with the final touch, or cross.  But overall today well above average, as were most of the team. Long may it continue.

53 minutes ago, jagster said:

How did you find the, rather strange, matchday experience overall ?

PS both Bruichladdich and Bunnahabhain are fine Islay malts but, for me, you can't beat Caol Ila when it comes to a Hebridian dram🥃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Who started up front? Was it Storey or Sutherland?

They were swapping a bit during the bit of the stream I saw. Sutherland was on the right quite a bit, but all the front four seemed to be mixing it up. At one point both Storey and Sutherland were wide. 

30 minutes ago, RiG said:

They absolutely did not email an alternative link at 1515 :laugh: Maybe around 1615 they did but the spent the first half asking folk to refresh the webpage and try different browsers when it was evident early on only certain people were affected. 

The SPFL Match Centre / Pixellot / ICT PPV setup is getting pummelled again on P & B and fans are advising other supporters not to bother with paying for games involving us in Inverness. That's a pretty damning state of affairs.

We need to highlight on those forums that today’s problems were down to the SPFL and that our offering has been transformed since the first couple of games.

The club needs all the income it can get, and hopefully as our next home game is three weeks away, it doesn’t deter Dundee fans from giving us their money. 

Edited by Robert

Comfortable win ultimately but despite squandering a few great opportunities we were never really troubled by Raith. Our defence was superb today with Devine and Brad Mckay on top. Harper was wayward with balls from defence but we never got punished for it and he got better as the game went on. Allardice is the find of the season, great engine and an eye for goal. Keatings showed his class at times and Miles Storey had a day of less bloopers. He really should have scored when he skimmed the top of the bar. His first effort which was also missed by our own twitter feed was a spectacular shot from 25 yards which crashed back off the bar. MacGregor sliced badly with the goal at his mercy but put in a great shift. Shane was maybe the quieter of our front men today. The wee man with the wee legs was again outstanding. He has the ability to beat any defender he wants. Tremendous close skill. A tanner ball player in olde money. Although we led 1-0 at half time, in terms of possession and ascendancy, we were not out of sight despite hitting the bar twice. Out of the blocks early at the start of the second should have seen us coasting but missed chances and good saves kept it close.

Overall, we were worth the three points and good to see Welsh back on as a sub.

The experience was just that. Bloody freezing and steamy glasses. However, it worked although I'm not sure I will be going down to my seat over an hour before kick-off.

As for the streaming. Someone needs there arse kicked for this, probably at the SPFL by the sounds of it.

North Stand looked to be about 50-60

South Stand maybe 120ish.

Maybe the club will release some figures but looks like the main standers stayed away in droves staying at home to watch the stream instead. Hell mend them.:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

North Stand looked to be about 50-60

South Stand maybe 120ish.

Maybe the club will release some figures but looks like the main standers stayed away in droves staying at home to watch the stream instead. Hell mend them.:laugh:

If people got tickets but did not tell the club they couldn’t attend, in my opinion they should be excluded from all ballots until normality returns. Many of us would have been delighted to get a late contact with the chance to attend today. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 3

Club did issue this apology at 3.27pm

It took 45 more minutes to get this from Luca

Luca Rossi <LucaRossi@spfl.co.uk>

To: Luca Rossi LucaRossi@spfl.co.uk;

21/11/20 16:16

Hi all

I am extremely sorry about the technical issues currently being faced with the Inverness CT vs Raith Rovers match feed. Please use this back up server in the meantime whilst our support team are working to resolve the issue –

http://invernessct.spfl.co.uk/matchcentre.html

username: spfl-vip

password: Pr1t1123

VIP Stream 2

1 hour ago, jagster said:

58 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

PS both Bruichladdich and Bunnahabhain are fine Islay malts but, for me, you can't beat Caol Ila when it comes to a Hebridian dram🥃

*** WARNING - OFF TOPIC *** 😇

Lidl have a 16 y.o. Islay for Xmas at £34.99. There's a forum I'm on where most folk seem to think it's a Bowmore.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Robert said:

If people got tickets but did not tell the club they couldn’t attend, in my opinion they should be excluded from all ballots until normality returns. Many of us would have been delighted to get a late contact with the chance to attend today. 

I received a ticket but not wanting to go replied via email and phoned the club and they said someone else would get to go in my place he also asked if I wanted to be included in the next ballot and I said no thanks to allow others a chance to go.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Was quite unusual. Started off by queuing outside which took quite a while about 20 minutes to get in. They took your details checked temperature ID etc aTook my temp 4 times I was too cold 😀 not surprisingl it was freezing 😀   Finally got in and had to sit in the designated seat. Everyone sitting with masks on and I think there was a bit of uncertainty if you were allowed to stand or sing. Everyone jumped and shouted when we scored. Certainly a very different experience for sure but it was a nice touch when the team came towards the south stand and showed their appreciation as did Robbo. Overall extremely happy to be back 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

All the players worked really hard today. However, Kennedy offered something very special especially in the second half. We were very privileged to be the first fans to see a Championship game this season. Masks are brilliant - they stop 'supporters' moaning at our players. It is clap or nothing.  Credit to the club for creating the facility for us to be the first guinea pigs. Credit to them for the load speaker announcements being audible and sensible. Credit to everyone who attended and respected the arrangements....and credit to the Raith team for never giving up and making this a great occasion...but no dancing in the streets of Raith tonight. 

• Like 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic