ICT v Raith Rovers 21 November (with 300 fans)

Robert

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

*** WARNING - OFF TOPIC *** 😇

Lidl have a 16 y.o. Islay for Xmas at £34.99. There's a forum I'm on where most folk seem to think it's a Bowmore.

Again off topic, sorry, but I’m reminded of when a female work colleague returned from an overnight business trip to Islay where she spent the evening in a pub sampling the local malts.

”I woke up with the taste of peat in my mouth” she told us.

”Who’s Pete?!” was the response.

• Funny 8

Needed that laugh after the trauma of trying to get my iPad to stream the game!   SPFL should come with a warning to those whose nerves get shredded easily.  Even seeing the second half didn’t calm me down.   Hoping I get chosen to attend next game, I don’t want to go through this nonsense of - error - try again, and again and repeat.  Less stress being there, if I remember right, I hope.  

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Hearach said:

Great to be back. Brilliant performance by the whole team. Fantastic 3 points. Home to thaw out with a lovely Isle of Harris gin. 

Is that you only home now?  Dirty stop-out!   Surely it didn’t take you that long to get out the stadium?  

• Funny 1

Today was a great all round CLUB performance. I was lucky to be one of the 300. The team were excellent with no failures, Kennedy and even Brad caught the eye today but all in all we were right at it. A big thank you too to everyone from the meeters and greeters who took our temperature and checked our ID to the oft maligned stewards who all contributed to a very good afternoon. Well done everyone and thanks.

• Like 1

Personally, my favourite from Islay (and overall) is Lagavulin 16yo, and has been for years.  I set a company bar bill record at Gleneagles Hotel on Friday 29th May 2015, drinking that very stuff, with the first at about 11:10am (I tried ordering one about half an hour earlier, but, damn those licensing laws, the coffee was okay). 

The barman offered me alternative whiskies (priced up to about £120 a nip IIRC), but I'm a faithful chap.  For anyone who remembers what happened the following day, that was a pretty good weekend, all considered.

I can't help but echo all the positives from being in the stadium to watch the  match. Kennedy, Allardice, Keatings and MacGregor were particularly good in an all round great team performance. Hopefully we now kick on for the rest of the season. I too needed a winter warmer to celebrate when I got home but won't say which malt to avoid a debate about its merits.

From photos I took on my phone I counted 80 folk in the North Stand and we were about 10 shy of 150 in the South Stand. Given the live streaming problems it must have been even more annoying (understatement) for those at home trying to connect that the "spare" seats weren't offered to them by Friday at the latest. The club and SPFL TV really need to get their act together for the next home match on 12 December. I'll say it again .......... use the Caley Jags TV system!!

Edited by Row S

I have sent a strong e-mail to Luca Rossi at the SPFL, copied to Keith Haggart, ICT’s Commercial Director, in response to the e-mail I received with the back up log in details at 1616.

In it, Salinger with referring to the AI issues from the first two games, I have said the SPFL needs to publicly state today’s issues were not the fault of the club.

I doubt I will get a reply but it made me feel better. Perhaps others can do the same?

It is great to read the feedback from those able to attend today. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Seems a touch daft to send out an apology email with a stream link a decent way into the second half...

Apparently you are wrong and it's us silly Highlanders at fault and not the providers as per the response sent out...

The email was sent at 3.25 one it was apparent the issue wasn’t easily fixed, it must have taken some time to get to some inboxes due to the number of recipients

Thanks

Luca

Seriously, for a company providing an online service to try to bluff us into believing that the number of email recipients has any impact on the time taken for an email to be received is one of the most insulting things I've heard this year (leaving all political discussions aside!).  So because there are about 1000 season ticket holders to notify and because we stay way up north we're meant to accept this?  Incidentally everyone else I know who submitted similar complaint was told 3.15 and not 3.25.  And personally I don't think it's at all acceptable anyway to wait 25 mins into a 90 min event before telling your customers to try another method. 

If our club don't distance themselves from this set up asap and speak out then that's shocking.  Contract clearly not fulfilled, break ties with provider and seek financial recompense and an apology to supporters affected since day one.  Otherwise they are letting us down.

Cracking result by the way!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Big fave of mine. Finished a bottle of the 12 y.o. a couple of weeks back which was down to £30. Boon na havvin. Mouth of the river.

IMG_1171.JPGTo 'celebrate' Toronto going back into lockdown on Monday we cracked open a bottle of Glendalough this evening. Taken a bit of a liking to the Irish stuff since we went there last year and visited Bushmills and Glendalough amongst other places.

7 hours ago, quizzer said:

The email was sent at 3.25 one it was apparent the issue wasn’t easily fixed, it must have taken some time to get to some inboxes due to the number of recipients

If anyone still has the email, and knows how to do it, it's very easy to check the email headers to see when it was sent.

I only saw after the game that I had received one, and I deleted it, so I can't check.

11 hours ago, givmeaccccc said:

Today was a great all round CLUB performance. I was lucky to be one of the 300. The team were excellent with no failures, Kennedy and even Brad caught the eye today but all in all we were right at it. A big thank you too to everyone from the meeters and greeters who took our temperature and checked our ID to the oft maligned stewards who all contributed to a very good afternoon. Well done everyone and thanks.

I thought Brad looked very solid, and no hint of a mistake coming from Devine....Deas looks a very sound CB, and I have to say Harper really impressed me, as a full back who can actually defend.

4 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

If anyone still has the email, and knows how to do it, it's very easy to check the email headers to see when it was sent.

I only saw after the game that I had received one, and I deleted it, so I can't check.

It shows 1613 in the header on the one I received. It also shows as 1613 in the reply I sent last night so they cannot dispute the time it was sent.

I will let you know if I get a reply. Not holding my breath.

Its a shame this has overshadowed a great performance and result. 

Edited by Robert

14 hours ago, Robert said:

We need to highlight on those forums that today’s problems were down to the SPFL and that our offering has been transformed since the first couple of games.

The club needs all the income it can get, and hopefully as our next home game is three weeks away, it doesn’t deter Dundee fans from giving us their money. 

I honestly cannot think that anyone would believe that the product has truly been "transformed" since the first couple of games. That the camera is controlled manually and no longer follows a bald linesman or focuses on another ball at the side of the pitch is the bare minimum we should be getting. I suppose given the low bar that was set during the first game and what we get now you could argue the change is transformative.

Whilst this fault lies with the SPFL the fact is we are completely reliant on their system for streaming games. If the system is shown to be unreliable, misses goals, is poor quality (all of which have been the case in the 4 games played at TCS this season) fans will simply not take the risk and fork out cash for a product they don't know will actually be delivered. ICT are getting tarnished by their association to this rotten setup. If you had read this was the experience at Alloa or Dundee would you be happy chucking them £10 no questions asked?

Edited by RiG

Fair enough, transformed maybe overstated it a bit, but we did seem to have overcome the issues from the first two games, and then get landed with this.

We still need all the income we can get so hopefully the club can instil confidence in the system for both home and away fans, and we don’t lose what pay per view custom there is. 

Edited by Robert

9 hours ago, quizzer said:

Apparently you are wrong and it's us silly Highlanders at fault and not the providers as per the response sent out...

Thanks

Luca

Seriously, for a company providing an online service to try to bluff us into believing that the number of email recipients has any impact on the time taken for an email to be received is one of the most insulting things I've heard this year (leaving all political discussions aside!).  So because there are about 1000 season ticket holders to notify and because we stay way up north we're meant to accept this?  Incidentally everyone else I know who submitted similar complaint was told 3.15 and not 3.25.  And personally I don't think it's at all acceptable anyway to wait 25 mins into a 90 min event before telling your customers to try another method. 

If our club don't distance themselves from this set up asap and speak out then that's shocking.  Contract clearly not fulfilled, break ties with provider and seek financial recompense and an apology to supporters affected since day one.  Otherwise they are letting us down.

Cracking result by the way!

Its never their fault! Seriously fed up of it. 

1 hour ago, Robert said:

It shows 1613 in the header on the one I received (it showed as 1616 in the list of e-mails in my inbox yesterday, but now just shows “yesterday”) so a 3 minute delay in getting to me. It also shows as 1613 in the reply I sent last night so they cannot dispute the time it was sent.

I will let you know if I get a reply. Not holding my breath.

Its a shame this has overshadowed a great performance and result. 

It shows 16.18 on my email but by that time I was watching the game on my iPad and not checking my emails.  

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

IMG_1171.JPGTo 'celebrate' Toronto going back into lockdown on Monday we cracked open a bottle of Glendalough this evening. Taken a bit of a liking to the Irish stuff since we went there last year and visited Bushmills and Glendalough amongst other places.

If 'off topic" is good enough for the site owner..😇
Glendalough- that'll be the Glen with the two lochs then...
Redbreast is another really nice one but it seems to have soared in price as it's become popular.
I was at Bushmills on a bike many moons ago. I had a tasting along with a coach load of young Merkins who weren't really that interested, so there was loads left at the end. Ever tried cycling 10 miles pished? 

• Funny 1

39 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Not sure if you folks are actually checking the email headers.  It's not the time displayed in your inbox - it's part of the actual email but you don't normally see it, and as such it won't change from 1613 or 1616 to "yesterday".

Not worth wasting more time on!

Does it matter? A proper apology wouldnt go amiss? Been a disaster every game, ironically, apart from the first one! If all season ticket holders were blocked thats a disgrace and we deserve an explanation. Ignoring all the issues just making folk more frustrated. 

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic