ICT v Raith Rovers 21 November (with 300 fans)

Robert

Statement from the club

In response to a solitary anonymous email the club received along with several news agencies and Police Scotland, ICTFC completely refutes all of the allegations in the anonymous email. 

Similarly the vexatious and misleading headlines and “reporting” of this non-story in the Daily Record today, which are completely false.

https://ictfc.com/statement-on-saturdays-game-and-plans-for-fans-v-dundee

• Well Said 1

Pretty poor show whoever was trying to get the club in trouble for this. They did their best, and it sounds like they did what they could in the circumstances to get some people back in the ground and they did so by following the protocols in place.  There are plenty of things we can ream the club about - communication, crappy automated camera work, all sorts of things but trying to be able to get bums back on seats to watch the footie should not be one of them. 

Like someone else mentioned I also think it may not have been someone at the actual game, instead, I think it might be someone with an axe to grind for some reason.

If it was someone who was at the game, then they should quite simply give themselves a good shake! and perhaps not attend any future games even when COVID is over.  COVID is here, COVID is real and FFS if you must wait 15-20 minutes to get in so that rudimentary health checks can take place then that's the cost of being able to get to a game in person! I have also waited longer over here in a lineup to get into a supermarket!  We also obviously have contracts in place for security and such like and if the security company need to go to a wider pool to get staff then, provided they are also following protocols, then so be it. Local would be best, but it's not always possible. 

I would love to have been able to see TFC this season, but not only can they not play in front of any fans in Toronto right now, (especially since we are back in lockdown since Monday) but they can't even play in Canada because our borders to the USA are closed, so they had to move to there for the season! Their first game in the playoffs is tonight and it should be here in Toronto - instead, its in Hartford CT in an empty stadium and only a TV audience.   

• Agree 3

As someone who volunteered to assist with getting fans in, it's pretty poor stuff that someone should complain. Any process that checks your ticket, ID for track and trace and temperature is going to take a wee while and we did our best to ensure that no one other than us had to wait in the cold and rain. Fans were not coralled in any way. The only problem I had was someone forgetting their ID and it was resolved by the club pronto. On stewards, yes they were from Glasgow but they were socially distanced and masked whenever they were in contact with people. They couldn't have done any better and seemed prepared. Just remember that they are permitted to travel for work. 

Seems to me that the club, individuals and the league did all they could to get even a few into the ground. Being rewarded by a completely inaccurate complaint from someone claiming to be a fan is poor at best. 

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 2

Well done to the club for this statement. It didn't ring true to me at the time as thought that the fans who were there would have mentioned it but you just never know for sure. 

Typical low level journalism from that moron Keith Jackson, surprised he's even heard of us as his head is usually so far up the cheeks of the old firm to notice anything other than them. 

• Agree 1

On 11/24/2020 at 10:01 AM, hislopsoffsideagain said:

How did you manage to get to watch a game live on the west cameras, and how do the rest of us get to do so as well?

I was asked to watch first half against arbroath to provide feedback which i did precisely because of the pixielot ayr issues. Never got to see 2nd half on the west cams.

Caley thistle tv highlights were so much better than feed from same cameras. They do a great job. But there is some streaming issue compared to pixie feed. 

1 hour ago, Huisdean said:

Well done to the club for this statement. It didn't ring true to me at the time as thought that the fans who were there would have mentioned it but you just never know for sure. 

Typical low level journalism from that moron Keith Jackson, surprised he's even heard of us as his head is usually so far up the cheeks of the old firm to notice anything other than them. 

Who’s this person Jackson?  A reporter, a troll or who is he paid by ?  Presume a central belt person who doesn’t like the A9 in inclement weather.   Tough sh1t to him. 

12 hours ago, davie said:

As someone who volunteered to assist with getting fans in, it's pretty poor stuff that someone should complain. Any process that checks your ticket, ID for track and trace and temperature is going to take a wee while and we did our best to ensure that no one other than us had to wait in the cold and rain. Fans were not coralled in any way. The only problem I had was someone forgetting their ID and it was resolved by the club pronto. On stewards, yes they were from Glasgow but they were socially distanced and masked whenever they were in contact with people. They couldn't have done any better and seemed prepared. Just remember that they are permitted to travel for work. 

Seems to me that the club, individuals and the league did all they could to get even a few into the ground. Being rewarded by a completely inaccurate complaint from someone claiming to be a fan is poor at best. 

Well said Davie and thanks for doing your bit to get the fans in.

Standing 2m from the nearest person in the queue is hardly coralling. More chance of that or herding happening in a supermarket these days, even in Aldi.

There was one steward in the South Stand who didn't have a mask on. He had no exemption badge visible.

8 hours ago, Row S said:

There was one steward in the South Stand who didn't have a mask on. He had no exemption badge visible.

Send an anonymous email to the club grassing him up. I hear they like getting those.

On 11/22/2020 at 2:41 PM, Robert said:

I have had a reply at 1341 from Luca Rossi, copied time Keith Haggart. As he seems to take an interest, in case anyone needs it, his e-mail is LucaRossi@spfl.co.uk.

His reply read:

Hi Robert

Hope you are well.

I an aware of the ‘genetic error’ message that seemed to appear for a large number of fans yesterday. I am currently working with our technology partner, StreamAMG, to get to the bottom of what happened. It is extremely frustrating as despite testing going well throughout the week the issue only became apparent slightly before kick off.

This is completely unacceptable and I apologise unreservedly for the exasperation caused yesterday. I appreciate this doesn’t solve the matter, but rest assured we are working with partners to get to the bottom of the issue and improve the product going forward based on feedback received.

On your point re the AI ball tracking technology failing, this was of course a big issue via another partner involved (Pixellot) and we have rectified it by having a camera operator employed for each match.

Myself / the club will be back in touch within the next few days to alert fans of the steps taken to make amends for yesterday’s events following a full de-brief with the stakeholders involved. The fans you mentioned who have paid PPV on top of their season ticket will of course be reimbursed.

Thanks, enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Luca. 

To update you, I have not heard anything more from Luca at the SPFL but was pleased to receive an e-mail from Keith Haggart, the club’s Commercial Director, on Thursday advising:

Many thanks for your e-mail, and in particular your considered content. Just to keep you in the loop, we’re still having discussions with Luca, I spoke to him about a dozen times on Saturday, and every day since, and I’m hoping to catch him over the next day or so.

I think you’re spot on, the perception is that it is the club who run the stream and therefore our fault. Unfortunately there are 7 separate stakeholders involved in the process, and after the false starts against Ayr and Arbroath, Saturday in particular was hugely frustrating - not just from a personal perspective, but because I knew the damage it could cause.

Thank you so much for your support. I’ll keep you posted. 

Edited by Robert
  • Thank You 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic