Whaaaaaat!

Naelifts

Sounds like a disgruntled county fan made it up...

We lined up outside, went to the ticket booth to give name & id proof plus temp check. Then we moved on where a guy barcode checked our tickets and off we went in...no corralling, but i do smell shiiite.

Worst part was the cold wait inside...I'd imagine it was worse for folk who got the really early times.

Edited by Satan
Add.

By all accounts no one was "corralled like cattle". Fans, as they had been told, were required to arrive within certain time slots and then had to wait to get their temperature checked before they were allowed to be let into the ground.

Bussing stewards in from Glasgow is not particularly smart but security staff are classed as keyworkers so they can move around the country for work though it would obviously have been better if we could have sourced the required staff locally or from somewhere like Moray or Aberdeen(shire).

• Agree 1

It has always seemed daft on a normal match day having stewards up from Glasgow but it must be cheaper than sourcing them locally. I will assume that as they have a contract with a security company to provide stewards they would have to give them first option.

3 minutes ago, Satan said:

You dont have to be a keyworker to move between tiers, work is classed as essential, as long as it cannot be done from home.

Given our stewards typically sit on their arse doing nothing I'd say that probably could be done from home actually.

• Funny 5

54 minutes ago, Satan said:

You dont have to be a keyworker to move between tiers, work is classed as essential, as long as it cannot be done from home.

Confirmation from the club on this matter, with reasonable explanation please...

As I have said on another thread, there was nothing illegal about busing stewards from Level 4 to Level 1 but that doesn't mean that it wasn't a very poor and ill considered decision which we should not repeat if we can possibly source stewards from closer to home.

Whether there were contractual issues or local staffing availability,  I'd hope that any security staff observed the regulations and underwent at least the same level of checks that we did.

It's not a great look, but when the sh1thawks at the record & sun are peddling it , it tends to get more attention than it deserves.

• Agree 1

As already said, no corraling at the South stand, just an orderly queue waiting for about 20 minutes to move forward. Temp check, ticket scan and in to seat under guidance from steward. No issues as far as i can see. Considering about 60 at the North Stand so probably around 200 in total attended. Not seen anything official from the club.

It's about time they appointed a media team that communicated with the fans to keep us up to date with what's going on. It would help to quash the rumours that emerge from all these inaccuracies and maybe the fans will see a different side to the club. Instead they are stoking the fires to help the rumours grow that will undermine themselves. 

• Agree 4

Woof that's Jackson telt then :laugh:

ETA: Whilst not an official "measurement" the fact that this story has barely made a ripple on P & B (AFAIK) tells you everything.

Edited by RiG
  • Funny 1

Excellent no case to answer as police Scotland spfl and sfa were all consulted Wednesday prior to kick off and no case to answer already received by Ictfc. Whoever sent that email needs a boot in the balls and told to stay clear if they think that the club would cut corners for the sake of having 300 fans at the game. Well done to the other 299 who followed the advice and stayed safe. 

9 hours ago, Naelifts said:

"Corralled like cattle". Can anyone tell us what ACTUALLY happened and how it all went?

That's a ridiculous case hyperbole. Unless standing in a queue is being 'corralled like cattle'. 

6 hours ago, tm4tj said:

As already said, no corraling at the South stand, just an orderly queue waiting for about 20 minutes to move forward. Temp check, ticket scan and in to seat under guidance from steward. No issues as far as i can see. Considering about 60 at the North Stand so probably around 200 in total attended. Not seen anything official from the club.

It's about time they appointed a media team that communicated with the fans to keep us up to date with what's going on. It would help to quash the rumours that emerge from all these inaccuracies and maybe the fans will see a different side to the club. Instead they are stoking the fires to help the rumours grow that will undermine themselves. 

No need for a media team. One person taking the time to communicate honestly and frankly at regular intervals will suffice.

• Agree 3

On 11/24/2020 at 9:39 AM, Satan said:

Confirmation from the club on this matter, with reasonable explanation please...

I don't see this as being any different to me unloading a lorry at the supermarket where I work in a low risk area when the truck and driver have come from a high risk area. As long as common sense prevails and everyone sticks to the proper protocols it's the best that can be done to keep things going and open up facilities. Just sounds like some sh*t stirring bollox to me.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

I don't see this as being any different to me unloading a lorry at the supermarket where I work in a low risk area when the truck and driver have come from a high risk area. As long as common sense prevails and everyone sticks to the proper protocols it's the best that can be done to keep things going and open up facilities. Just sounds like some sh*t stirring bollox to me.

I largely agree but still think it much better to source stewards locally from now on if at all possible.

Leaving aside the pandemic and the risk of bringing people in from an area with a much higher prevalence of the virus, surely it is better to keep the cash paid out for such services in the local community.