QotS (A) 4 Dec 2020 - Matchday & Streaming Info

RiG

What a tonic this match is. Robbo is a genius at working on a shoestring. Some fantastic individual performances, especially the young lads. But what I find most pleasing is the way they have played as a team, confidently passing and moving together. Looking forward to how this season plays out now. If we can build on this and keep these lads, we can do something sweet.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

We had 3 teenagers and 5 21 or under out there tonight. Great to see the performances of Harper and MacGregor, as well as Kennedy. Allardice had a quieter game but Deas is building a decent partnership with Devine at the back  

We were well worth the win and I’ve a good feeling about this season.

They left at 1145 for the game and won’t be home until around 0300 so credit to them for the performance after such a long journey in poor weather, and largely dominating and getting a deserved win.

We should be aiming for at least second again based on the recent performances, and most heartening is that we have good youngsters and we will have strength in depth if we ever have everyone fit. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Great interview with Roddy MacGregor: great to see how happy he was with the goal and win, and making the point he was playing out of position. Now he’s added goals he could become a fixture in our team even when all are fit. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 3

40 minutes ago, Robert said:

Agreed. We should move all our games to a Friday. The 5-0 against Morton was a Friday. 

The first Friday night game I can remember was 1-4 at Dens Park.  I was torn about our last goal, because I had money on it being 1-3.

• Facepalm 1

I can add little to what has been said. A great performance from a largely young and inexperienced squad.

For those that were grumbling about Robbo after the Betrfed Cup and losses to Hearts and The Pars, just who else could do better with the resources at his disposal ?

Robbo took us up to the top division once before and is well placed to do so again. After watching that display, it could even well be this season.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

While I was watching the football, my wife was watching a live stream of Scooty and the Skyhooks from the Ironworks in aid of the Highland Hospice. We have rewound it and are watching it again and it is a great gig and well worth watching, not just as they are Caley Thistle fans.

It is on You Tube and Facebook under “Party at your place” for Highland Hospice Christmas party nights. There are events on the next two Fridays too, but if you can find tonight’s and donate I’m sure the Hospice will be very grateful and you will enjoy it.

It is really rounding off one of my most enjoyable days since this virus disrupted all our lives!

• Well Said 1

18 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I can add little to what has been said. A great performance from a largely young and inexperienced squad.

For those that were grumbling about Robbo after the Betrfed Cup and losses to Hearts and The Pars, just who else could do better with the resources at his disposal ?

Robbo took us up to the top division once before and is well placed to do so again. After watching that display, it could even well be this season.

I know this is aimed at me 😛 so I'm going to give credit where credit is due.  It seems that the injuries hampered us more than I thought but now the guys are back (with more to return) we look a completely different team :).

Kai Kennedy was sensational tonight, hopefully his loan gets extended until the end of the season.  

Imho, not one failure out on that pitch tonight, or in the dugout -P. 

Queens were dire though, they look like contenders for relegation let alone play offs, which is where Jonathan Sutherland thinks they will be looking towards.

Fantastic night, hopefully Scotland do the business tomorrow to make my weekend even more fantastic :ictscarf:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

It seems from the PotY polls that the referees are getting higher ratings this season.  Is this because in the current climate we are all being a bit more forgiving, or are referees actually making better decisions when there is no crowd to constantly howl down every decision they make?  

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

It seems from the PotY polls that the referees are getting higher ratings this season.  Is this because in the current climate we are all being a bit more forgiving, or are referees actually making better decisions when there is no crowd to constantly howl down every decision they make?  

I think they are less biased by the reaction of home fans so decisions are probably more balanced.

That said, Allardice deserved a yellow he didn’t get just before a Queens player got one for a challenge on him that didn’t deserve a card.

In March, I think that would have been reversed and we’d have had no complaints. 

Edited by Robert

All we want now is for Ryan to be sold to an English Premiership side in January and for the finances of the club to be strengthened. That was a polished performance last night. Kai is great to watch. Roddy must now stay grounded - his goal was top class. Harper is a competent replacement for Carl. The key was playing as a team.  Deas and Divine both had very competent performances.  Storey may be re-discovering himself. Keatings is pretty confident too. Who would have thought ICT would shine in pink!!!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, The Long Man said:

What a tonic this match is. Robbo is a genius at working on a shoestring. Some fantastic individual performances, especially the young lads. But what I find most pleasing is the way they have played as a team, confidently passing and moving together. Looking forward to how this season plays out now. If we can build on this and keep these lads, we can do something sweet.

Watched it on BBC Scotland with my wife, really enjoyed it. I said earlier in the season that with so many changes and injuries, the team needed a bit of time to gel, and they certainly look that way now. Who would have thought that a midfield two of MacGregor and Allardice would look so strong, and to think we have options of Welsh, Vincent and Carson (when fit) bodes well for the rest of the season. Defensively looking pretty good too, Harper is really impressing me, I think he made only one mistake, Deas is class and Devine is settling in. Brad did little wrong yesterday, but I'd like to see someone similar to Harper on the right in the long term.

Robinson seems to have hit on a good format up front, Sutherland is a quietly effective player who seems to be rotating between right wing and further forward through the game with Storey and its working. I think Keatings is probably the cleverest of the lot, but his final goes awry sometimes. Kennedy really is a bonus for us this season, fair play to those who got him in and to the player himself, who works constantly. The key to our season maybe be whether we can extend his loan in January, as it also benefits us that Doran dosn't have to be used continuously (with his injury record).

I think MOTM went deservedly to MacGregor, but he had a few guys on his coat tails especially Deas and Kennedy

Have to say that I much prefer watching Caley at the moment, than my English team Palace, who have been coached into relentlessly boring and defensive football by Hodgson despite have some great offensive talent....I wonder how well Robbo would do down here!

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic