David Raven

Kingsmills

Very pleased for David Raven to see his current club Marine from the 8th tier of English football draw Tottenham in the third round of the FA Cup.

A well deserved, and probably last, appearance in the limelight at the end of the career of the scouser who served us so well and so loyally over many seasons.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 1 month later...

Loads of interviews on You tube with David before the his game v Spurs on Sunday (on BBC btw).  I'm glad his recent red card has not precluded him from playing in that match.  He has become quite the celeb in the past few weeks it seems.

So I'm looking forward to a good week-end football viewing on TV.  Hopefully our match v Buckie will be streamed on Saturday, and then seeing how DR copes with marking Harry Kane on Sunday.  Good luck to him, and of course to ICT.   I wouldn't mind one surprise 'underdog' victory on the w/end, but not, of course, two.

• Agree 2

Well it wasn’t to be but 5-0 was not a disgrace.

Great to hear him described as “excellent” by Dion Dublin after he was subbed.

I wonder if that will be his last game given the league he is in is being suspended and may be voided. If it is, quite a game to end with!

• Like 1

Is our legend David Raven the first ex ICT player to feature in a BBC1 televised game v a Real Madrid player (Gareth Bale).   He will always be an ICT legend and was great today in a non league team v Spurs.  Well done, our Dave the Rave.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

In one of the interviews he has done this week he mentions his desire to get into coaching/management but has had no success from 50 per 60 applications, so he taken a part time job coaching football at a private school.

I was disappointed that BBC didn't mention his time at ICT and in-particular that winning goal against Celtic in the semi final of the Scottish Cup and also the fact he has a Scottish Cup Winners medal...and he can play the guitar.

• Agree 3

A great shame for Dave, the Marine players and, most particularly, the fans, that this event had to take place behind closed doors.

For the fans and for all but one of the Marine players this would have been the biggest and most important day in their footballing lives.

• Like 1

I believe they did alright out of it financially with Spurs fans buying up loads of tickets for the game and lots of donations too.

FULL TIME: Marine 0-5 Spurs. ATTENDANCE: 30,697 (virtual tickets). Absolutely fantastic support. Thank you, football world and @SpursOfficial. We will never forget it. #COYM

When it all shakes out Marine probably did better financially than if it had been played out under normal circumstances - fantastic gesture from the Spurs fans. However, it's a great shame that the Marine fans missed out on their great day. At least those lucky enough to have their gardens bordering the ground had a great night, as did Cardboard Jurgen Klopp - gotta love the Scousers' humour!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

I believe they did alright out of it financially with Spurs fans buying up loads of tickets for the game and lots of donations too.

FULL TIME: Marine 0-5 Spurs. ATTENDANCE: 30,697 (virtual tickets). Absolutely fantastic support. Thank you, football world and @SpursOfficial. We will never forget it. #COYM

Those tickets were £10 a go. As you rightly say, fantastic support. They had folk from all over the world buying them and they've made lots of new friends.

5 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

When it all shakes out Marine probably did better financially than if it had been played out under normal circumstances - fantastic gesture from the Spurs fans. However, it's a great shame that the Marine fans missed out on their great day. At least those lucky enough to have their gardens bordering the ground had a great night, as did Cardboard Jurgen Klopp - gotta love the Scousers' humour!

A saw a Tweet earlier (with a photo) from a chap who said 'Leaning out of my bedroom widow and watching Gareth Bale. Unreal' 

On 1/11/2021 at 8:05 PM, Gringo said:

Those tickets were £10 a go. As you rightly say, fantastic support. They had folk from all over the world buying them and they've made lots of new friends.

A saw a Tweet earlier (with a photo) from a chap who said 'Leaning out of my bedroom widow and watching Gareth Bale. Unreal' 

Considering Rossett Park only holds about 3000, strange quirk of fate to be able to offer virtual tickets. By a sheer fluke I was at a midweek game there a few years ago when I had a few days in Liverpool with Mrs Mantis.

• Like 1