Dundee Preview, Streaming & Matchday

tm4tj

Disappointed not to win that although I don't think we played well at all. However we did create a number of good chances but some wasteful finishing and wonderful saves from Hamilton kept us at bay. Would have taken a point at half time but can't help feel that is two points dropped in the grand scheme of things.

• Agree 3

Dundee had obviously done their homework keeping Kennedy and MacGregor at bay even if it meant kicking them round the park. The ref gave us very little all day but our defence has to sharpen up. Storey and Sutherland never really got into the game either.

Not sure what the spat between McPake and Ridgers after the final whistle was about.

Lucky pink strip for the next two away games at Alloa and Greenock? Here's hoping they will have better live streams than us. 

Through that one away. Have to hand it to Dundee number 11 for what he did, shocking defending then leading to their equaliser. Could have been 3rd. Bummer!!

4 minutes ago, Row S said:

Dundee had obviously done their homework keeping Kennedy and MacGregor at bay even if it meant kicking them round the park. The ref gave us very little all day..

I thought for a lot of the match it was us putting the hammer down and Dundee players were dropping like flies,  had it not for the ref being more lenient initially , I felt like it was only a matter of when not if we had a player sent off.

At half time I feared the worst but we could have won it in the second. I didn’t have a clear view of the second Dundee goal and I’d like to see the disallowed one again.

The ref was conned by the Dundee antics but Dundee neutralised our threat with little from Kennedy as a result. 

We seemed not to want to play wide which was a surprise.

We improved when Doran came on and Storey and Sutherland swapped with Storey going wide.

At one point I thought we may lose the plot. Keatings was very lucky that he missed the man when he dived in early in the second half.

Overall, I enjoyed the experience at the game which was very well managed. Great to be back, but disappointed we could not hold on and win. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, davie said:

Dear northstand people, thanks for being understanding whilst you got your temperature taken and listened to my crap one liners. You made it easy. 

I thought the whole entry set up at the north stand was excellent with no hassle at all.

One comment: why not start exiting fans from the section closest to the exit rather than starting at the other end?

• Agree 1

Great to be back watching a live game. I would like to see the offside decision as it was impossible to view it from the North stand. I was quite happy with the exit procedure as I was sitting in the furthest away section!! Should have won but I'll take the draw.

• Like 1

Yes, disappointment is the main thing I feel after that game.  I guess it could have gone either way, but I thought we just edged it.  Poor goal to give away for Dundee's equaliser. Not a great spectacle as a game. Very niggly throughout.  I thought the Dundee players greatly exaggerated their many injuries (especially in the first half).  We created more chances I think, and their keeper was the busier of the two throughout.

Need to do better in our next outings to keep in touch with the top of the table,

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, davie said:

Dear northstand people, thanks for being understanding whilst you got your temperature taken and listened to my crap one liners. You made it easy. 

I must say I was well impressed by the organisation from start to finish .Well done ICT . It was great to be back !!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

The South stand was good crack today, enjoyed the game . Only blip was the cockup between our two defenders leading to equalising goal. Thought McPake was going to have a go at Robbo at the end too. Dundee deserved Oscars for all the falling about. Does feel 2 pts lost though

• Agree 2

Strange comments from Mcpake at the end. Dundee definitely didn't deserve 3 points like he seems to think. Fair enough they had more of the ball in the first half but they didn't create much at all. We probably had the best chances in the first half. Second half we were better and missed a couple of sitters. He also said our 2nd goal was clearly offside. I didn't notice an offside from where I was sitting.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Strange comments from Mcpake at the end. Dundee definitely didn't deserve 3 points like he seems to think. Fair enough they had more of the ball in the first half but they didn't create much at all. We probably had the best chances in the first half. Second half we were better and missed a couple of sitters. He also said our 2nd goal was clearly offside. I didn't notice an offside from where I was sitting.

He was unhappy re everything! Had a long conversation with the ref off the pitch at half time. Clearly a man who is feeling the heat and under extreme pressure....

• tm4tj unpinned this topic