Bust schmust

Jack Waddington

Just seen this, and Robbo is confident we aren't in with chances off going out of business.

However, it also does bring up the question that doesn't seem to get answered; what happens if we do go bust? Do we go off and support a fellow Highland League team, or do we follow in the footsteps of Wimbledon and set up a fan owned Phoenix club?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6375505/spfl-premiership-news-aberdeen-hearts/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

• angry 1

4 hours ago, JoFrAl said:

All Yogi's worshippers could jump on "The Cairt " and go O.T.B. and follow the new " Head Tinkmeister "😂

Slating a manager who has his name in history for bringing the highest level trophy that ICT has ever won and then mocking him for joining a club in a division higher than your own (and probably has more chance of still being there next year than your own) epitomises seething!!!

Edited by bdu98196
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

On 12/18/2020 at 1:30 PM, Jack Waddington said:

Just seen this, and Robbo is confident we aren't in with chances off going out of business.

However, it also does bring up the question that doesn't seem to get answered; what happens if we do go bust? Do we go off and support a fellow Highland League team, or do we follow in the footsteps of Wimbledon and set up a fan owned Phoenix club?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6375505/spfl-premiership-news-aberdeen-hearts/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

A hypothetical question which is destined to stay that way, thank goodness.

I don't see us ever going 'bust' we could perhaps have to enter administration if the situation got bad enough, we might have to revert to part time football but I am confident that, one way or another, the club would survive.

On 12/21/2020 at 1:50 PM, bdu98196 said:

Slating a manager who has his name in history for bringing the highest level trophy that ICT has ever won and then mocking him for joining a club in a division higher than your own (and probably has more chance of still being there next year than your own) epitomises seething!!!

I, for one, don't blame Yogi for taking the opportunity to try to revive his career in Dingwall. I also give him credit for overseeing the greatest times in our history and, in particular, one fantastic day out at Hampden in May 2015.

However, I won't overlook the fact that he also oversaw the start of our slide and deliberately picked a public fight with the board but only after signing a lucrative new contract.

In my view, the ICT report card for Mr Hughes remains a decidedly mixed one.

• Agree 5
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I, for one, don't blame Yogi for taking the opportunity to try to revive his career in Dingwall. I also give him credit for overseeing the greatest times in our history and, in particular, one fantastic day out at Hampden in May 2015.

However, I won't overlook the fact that he also oversaw the start of our slide and deliberately picked a public fight with the board but only after signing a lucrative new contract.

In my view, the ICT report card for Mr Hughes remains a decidedly mixed one.

You will upset Alan Simpson again :lol:  Where is he these days?  I hope he hasn't gone over the bridge :ohmy:

16 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I, for one, don't blame Yogi

Never said you did? Yet as a moderator you feel the need to justify your position in response to my comment yet ignore the undertones of the earlier post made suggesting the old 'tinks' and 'carts' references - which IMO is unacceptable and really should be discouraged!!!

On 12/21/2020 at 8:05 AM, Fraz said:

I don't think our fanbase is proactive and motivated enough to set up a club, that's way beyond us imo. 

I'd probably casually follow Clach and just wouldn't be as interested in football. 

I think there are enough folk who could get involved / motivated for an ict reboot if the worst were to happen...maybe my glass half full mindset there.

If you were to follow Clach I'd say that your interest in football had completely gone.🤗