KETTLEWELL SACKED AS ROSS COUNTY MANAGER

IBM

I thought he was doing a tremendous job there. Possible replacement could include Yogi. How about Butcher or Brewster lol. Not a lot of cash about at the moment so I'd agree that a cheap appointment would be their way forward. And, yes, what an awful time of the year to get the boot. That was cruel.

Edited by Gringo
typo

Awful time to get the boot, true, how cruel? Business decision, if only we'd been a bit cruel...🤔

The premature end to last season probably bought him some time.

Always cash about with uncle Roy- just look at the size of that squad - Christmas trimmings anyone..?

It's not just the sacking so close to Christmas, but he was sacked before he even had a chance to speak to the press about the game.  For somebody who has given many years to the club, that seems a simply shocking way to treat him.  He deserves great credit for the dignified way he spoke to the media yesterday.  Interestingly, nearly a day after his dismissal and there is still no statement on the club website other than a rather strange brief bit on Facebook and Twitter which says 

"Ross County FC can confirm that Stuart Kettlewell has been relieved of his duties as Manager.  Stuart was an ideal appointment for the club given his history and association with the club and we will support Stuart in the coming weeks."

Not even the usual thanks for what he has done for the club.  There's maybe a bit more to this than meets the eye.

• Like 1

Very strong suggestions now that Derek Adams will be returning yet again.

Notwithstanding yesterday's setback, it would be a delight to witness his seething yet again should he be appointed and we swap divisions with County after a play off win against them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Very strong suggestions now that Derek Adams will be returning yet again.

Notwithstanding yesterday's setback, it would be a delight to witness his seething yet again should he be appointed and we swap divisions with County after a play off win against them.

Even stronger indications it is Yogi.  :crazy:

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news-items/john-hughes-appointed-manager

2 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Yip. Looks like I got it wrong yet again.😁

Regular listeners will not be surprised to learn that I think that I believe that County have made a mistake in appointing Yogi.

He has a decent record after inheriting decent teams but is not the man to arrest a decline as ourselves, Harltlepool, Hibs and Raith can all bear witness too.

Look forward to a very divided dressing room in Dingwall within weeks.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Yip. Looks like I got it wrong yet again.😁

Regular listeners will not be surprised to learn that I think that I believe that County have made a mistake in appointing Yogi.

He has a decent record after inheriting decent teams but is not the man to arrest a decline as ourselves, Harltlepool, Hibs and Raith can all bear witness too.

Look forward to a very divided dressing room in Dingwall within weeks.

I tend to share your views on Yogi.  His success here was based on the squad he inherited at a time when a number of the bigger clubs were struggling from having hit the self destruct button.  When it came to replacing players that had been part of the success, he was found wanting despite having a bigger budget at his disposal.  

Having said that, I think the situation at County may well play to Yogi's strengths.  Whatever his faults may be, he is a very good coach.  He brought a technical discipline into our defence and the team kept shape well under him.  At times it was excruciatingly boring to watch, but it did mean we were hard to beat.  County need more discipline in defence, but they also need to score more.  They have some decent players up top and Yogi's style of play, which tends to draw the opposition in, may well help them find a bit more space.

A further plus for Hughes is that his inadequacies in the transfer market will be less of a problem OTB than here.  He will have the funds to keep better players there.  Sadly, he will also have the funds to capitalise on his neighbour's greater talent in recruitment and be able to offer better terms when our better players are looking to advance their careers.

I don't know whether he will be able to make the changes necessary to be able to save County this year, but I would imagine that as long as Uncle Roy keeps faith with him, they will be a significantly better team next season than they are just now.  They will also be significantly more boring to watch.

• Agree 2

It's a great appointment for them, and for him too.  He did great for ICT, will always be a legend, the guy who took us to our highest league position, who masterminded our first Scottish Cup win, who got us into Europe, and who spoke his mind ... I think he just might keep County up. 

At ICT, the simple fact is that financially we were not on the same page and drifted apart. What we could afford (and had agreed) for team budgets, and what he wanted were miles apart and that more than anything led to the breakdown at the TCS I believe. Kenny Cameron got a lot of flak for some of the contracts handed out but even he had his limits. Yogi had the highest budget of all our managers, as we were doing so well, but by all accounts wanted more. Part of me cant fault him for that, it shows desire, but as a club we have for the most part tried to stay fiscally responsible and it was not sustainable. 

If Uncle Roy is happy to continue throwing money around in Dingwall then Yogi may do well. He is typically very good initially and in his first full season or two. It's only after that the wheels start to fall off. Uncle Roy's money may keep those wheels on for a little longer.    

... on the bright side, if Deek was even in the frame, he will once again be seething 🙂

• Like 1

Good appointment for Yogi but it may be too late for County as he won't have time to stamp his mark on the club. I'm sure Yogi will be looking at some of our players and try to temp them over the bridge. Money talks these days and we haven't got any of that to prevent players moving on.

Seems Draper lost the plot today as County went down to 9 men. He got booked for a foul then whatever he did after being booked got him sent off. Tremarco got game time as he went on as a sub before half time after the left back got sent off. 

Edited by Robert