January transfer thread

CaleyTennis

Hey peeps, it's your most favourite CTO poster 😛

As it's only a week and a half until the transfer window opens, I thought I'd start a thread where we can "discuss" any transfer related news, be it rumours (where is IHE lol) or articles in the newspapers with quotes from JR on transfer news. 

Imho, we probably don't need much and, Tbh, I don't see much business and that goes for all clubs, not just us. 

I think it's imperative that we extend Kai Kennedy loan, otherwise we may be on the look out for another winger. 

I agree on extending Kennedy's loan, but he may have been brought in to cover for Doran being injured, and he's now fit

Much as we'd like a more prolific goalscorer, I'm not sure where we'd found one for zero transfer fee and very low wages, unless it's the Highland league

And arguably we have cover in every position, especially midfield...if McHattie, Duffy and Toshney are anywhere near fit, then the defence has back up too

So expecting very little business if any

Extending Kai's loan is probably the main priority. Seeing if we can get Dapo Mebude and/or Glenn Middleton in on loan would do us a world of good.

And, I know it seems a bit far fetched, but get Carlo back from across the bridge, seems that he's fallen out of favour amongst the fans, and judging by the fact he's only played 3 league games for a grand total of 187 minutes, it seems he's fallen out of favour with the manager too. I don't know how it would work to be honest, maybe keep him on til he retires, with him having a guaranteed job with the coaching staff, and make his coaching academy a feeder into the Youth Ranks.

4 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

....https://www.footballfancast.com/leicester-city-transfer-rumours/leicester-transfer-rumours-ryan-christie-celtic-brendan-rodgers

Lots of speculation on Ryan's future which could result in a healthy bonus for ICT. 

Before the virus, I was predicting Maddison to get a big move to a top four club and Ryan to be the direct replacement. Although this article suggests them playing together, and I suppose they’re a top four club at the moment 😜

• Like 1
  • Thoughtful 1

I would agree on extending Kai's loan period...do Sevco pay his wage on a loan deal? Apart from that I can't see any activity is viable given the financial situation just now. Perhaps loan deals would be the best we could hope for. As for Carl, maybe with Yogi in charge now he may feature more but I suggest leaving him be. 

23 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

....https://www.footballfancast.com/leicester-city-transfer-rumours/leicester-transfer-rumours-ryan-christie-celtic-brendan-rodgers

Lots of speculation on Ryan's future which could result in a healthy bonus for ICT. 

I had heard from another source that Ryan had put in a transfer request. I'm not sure Celtic would let him go for £5.8 million to Leicester though. He could do a decent job for struggling Arsenal who might pay significantly more. Would ICT get a 5 or 10% sell on fee?

22 minutes ago, Row S said:

I had heard from another source that Ryan had put in a transfer request. I'm not sure Celtic would let him go for £5.8 million to Leicester though. He could do a decent job for struggling Arsenal who might pay significantly more. Would ICT get a 5 or 10% sell on fee?

who knows, you would need to ask his father or the club

5 hours ago, caleyboy said:

who knows, you would need to ask his father or the club

and, quite rightly, neither would tell you the agreed figure but it will be a very healthy six figure sum which will help tide us over during these extremely difficult times and might even release a little cash to strengthen during the January window.

• Like 1

Very possible that Yogi is after him. Just looked at County’s team last night and Vigurs and Draper started but both were subbed. Mckay came off the bench, with Tremarco and Donaldson unused subs.

Our only remaining players from his time are Devine, Vincent (both second time around) and Doran. Of them, I hope he doesn’t go after Doran. 

Edited by Robert

On 12/24/2020 at 9:51 PM, Robert said:

I hope he doesn’t go after Doran. 

Given his age and history, if there is some money coming our way I'd say its time to part ways and will also remove a high earner off our limited budget.

Generally we will be in the same position as most clubs in the Championship (if not Scotland) - unless going for a title or fighting off relegation and you have the budget to strengthen then players will be available to leave for any fees or if they are high earners. Moving back into lockdown has moved the prospect of significant fan numbers in stadia further away again so now its trimming accordingly to survive throughout.

I'd expect some exits and at best loanees to replace if not more youngsters get game time

2 hours ago, jamie ictfc said:

I'd like to hear the current situation regarding McHattie and Toshney as so far I haven't heard much other than they were injured before the season started. Unless someone is leaving I can't imagine us taking in anymore.

I can't imagine us taking in anymore unless Celtic sell Ryan Christie.

Arsenal have joined a host of Premier League clubs taking an interest in Celtic's Scotland midfielder Ryan Christie, 25, and hope their former Bhoys left-back Kieran Tierney, 23, can persuade him to move to Emirates Stadium. (90 Min)

Now that the green branch of the ugly sisters have blown it could be time for Ryan Christie to exit stage left. Here's hoping a bidding war starts!!