Pars Preview, Matchday & Streaming

tm4tj

Devine did remarkably well to get that cross over the bar. Could easily have been an own goal.

We need to keep the ball and play at a faster tempo.

Hopefully Carson is fit enough to come on as we need his steel in midfield. 

Edited by Robert

4 hours ago, tm4tj said:

On this day 18 years ago, John Robertson took charge of his first match as Manager of ICTFC.

It was a 4-1 win away at St Mirren on 28th December 2002

Here's the match report from our archives: Love Street, Paisley,  Attendance 3053, Ref S Conroy. Report by Ian Broadfoot

An excellent start to John Robertson's managerial career amidst major media hype.  St Mirren were a poor, dispirited side but Caley Thistle played good football and took their chances well.  Ludo Roy had a busy afternoon and he delayed the opening goal with good diving saves from Charlie Christie and Paul Ritchie.  He was beaten in the 14th minute after a neat move which started with a short Barry Robson corner to Christie.  He fired goalwards and Dennis Wyness flicked it past Roy from close range.  Mark Brown had a quiet time in the other goal but he did make some important saves, including an 18th minute parry from a Graham Guy 25 yard free kick.  Goal number two came in 24 minutes following an inswinging Robson corner which caused confusion in Roy's goal.  It came out to Ross Tokely who hammered home from the penalty spot.  The pressure continued and Bobby Mann was unlucky when his header came off the post following a Robson corner in 27 minutes.  Just after the half hour mark Graeme Stewart celebrated his first start of the season with a fine goal.  Wyness was the provider when he drew the defence on the left and slipped it to Stewart on the right side of the box, he switched it to his left foot and drove low into the net.  It could easily have been four or five by half time.  A Robson corner was scrambled away by Roy in 34 minutes with the aid of a post then three minutes later Christie took a Paul Ritchie lob in the box and hit it over the bar as Roy advanced.  Brown did well in 40 minutes to save from Mendes with his legs then Roy did the same at the other end to foil Ritchie.  In 51 minutes Ritchie's hard work paid off when he outpaced the defence down the right and sent a low angled ball past Roy at the near post.  Roy then kept the score down with good saves from Ritchie and Wyness.  Play became scrappy as the visitors sat on their lead and Saints continued to create little.  They did gain a consolation four minutes from time when Martin Cameron scored with an angled near-post header after a Ricky Gillies cross.  This did nothing to placate the home fans but the small band from Inverness went home happy.  Falkirk won 5-0 but ICT remain top on goal difference.

Remember it well, especially Rosco scoring. Them were the days.

• Agree 1

Bloody hell that was dire...  Hope Robbo has got a good half time blast ready.   Storey very poor, And our midfield seem very slow to get back and also to support forwards, Sutherland ain't no Brewster and Storey no Billy Mackay!!!

• Agree 1

Missed the first 10 but the Pars look like the home team to me. Midfield haven’t imposed themselves at all. I’m a big Doran fan but I would get Kennedy on at half time as the wee man doesn’t look up for it. Don’t think Allardice is having the best of games either. Hope to see Roddy introduced soonest.
Was it really Devine that cleared it off the line? Bumbling Bannerman said Welsh - surely Danny would have netted spectacularly.

2 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Missed the first 10 but the Pars look like the home team to me. Midfield haven’t imposed themselves at all. I’m a big Doran fan but I would get Kennedy on at half time as the wee man doesn’t look up for it. Don’t think Allardice is having the best of games either. Hope to see Roddy introduced soonest.
Was it really Devine that cleared it off the line? Bumbling Bannerman said Welsh - surely Danny would have netted spectacularly.

I agree with your comments but it definitely was Devine. Welsh was in the box but not near the ball so I followed the player who cleared it until the number was visible. Definitely no 6.

Kennedy on at half time for Doran. Doran took a knock which is maybe why he had not imposed himself. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

Just seen on twitter that commentator is a c***ty fan. Adding insult to injury there!!!

Not sure that’s true. I’ve heard he is a youngster making his way and very enthusiastic. Remember he is watching the same feed as us, so we need to make some allowances.

Enjoy Netflix!!

• Well Said 1
  • Funny 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic