Jump to content

Pars Preview, Matchday & Streaming


Recommended Posts

Reflecting on tonight, both teams under performed and struggled to keep possession.

We seemed to concede a soft goal but nearly got right back into it when Sutherland hit the woodwork.

At half time, we deserved to be behind, but the second half was much better and we deservedly got back to 1-1 and were the more likely to win.

I always feel we are best when we play it quickly but too often we slow the play down and don’t use the pace we have wide as well as we could.

Inconsistent as he can be, I prefer it with Storey wide and Sutherland through the middle. Storey’s goal was either quality or luck!

Ridgers was steady. Mckay is being overly criticised in my opinion as he put a power of work in and got up and down the pitch: he is getting slagged primarily for one poor cross. Harper has had a lot of game time and is getting more confident. I’m not sure what Devine or Deas could have done to stop the goal, and Devine had one great stop. He was injured late on so we may need Mckay at centre half on Saturday with Duffy at right back.

It is good to see Welsh back, but he is not at his best yet and I hope Carson is fit soon. Allardice was quite quiet and it took Vincent a while to get into the game, although a lot of his work breaking up play goes unnoticed.

Doran seemed to suffer after his knock but Kennedy showed some good moves and needs to grow in consistency. Storey got us the point whilst Sutherland had a few efforts and on another night could have had two or three.

Toddy and Mackay did not have much time other than the booking Mackay got.

2 points out of 9 is not good enough, but we are still in the mix for the play offs as no one is winning consistently. Our next two league games are against teams below us, so 6 points and 2 good performances please!
 

 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pars Preview........ Weather Permitting??? 👀 ☃️❄️brrrrrr   STREAMING INFO FROM ICTFC This game can be streamed on a PPV basis live from ICTFC for a mere £10. Season ticket holders will

Slightly disappointed with a draw, especially after seeing Dunfermlines starting line up. McManus, Whittaker, Dow and Thomas all left on the bench. Big game again on Saturday. Crucial to get 3 points

Not sure that’s true. I’ve heard he is a youngster making his way and very enthusiastic. Remember he is watching the same feed as us, so we need to make some allowances. Enjoy Netflix!!

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Difficult to see top four now we have most of our injuries sorted. We’re far too inconsistent especially at home. 

I think we'll be comfy in the top 4. Tonight was poor for the most part but we've got enough quality in midfield and spark up front to see us turn in more performances like those we saw against Raith, Dundee and Queens. Still unbeaten at home this season.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

W3 D3 L3

That’s a sure fire recipe for mid table mediocrity but we can definitely do better.

36 points this season = 48 points in a normal Championship which is exactly the total you need to find mid table mediocrity in this league. I still think our average will increase and we'll be 4th at least. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, caley100 said:

Brad is like something Baron von Frankenstein made up and got the feet the wrong way round.

😂😂 Funniest comment I’ve heard in a long time .😂😂

Sorry Brad !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly disappointed with a draw, especially after seeing Dunfermlines starting line up. McManus, Whittaker, Dow and Thomas all left on the bench. Big game again on Saturday. Crucial to get 3 points especially with Dundee playing Hearts and Raith playing Dunfermline. We've got to capitalize on some of these teams dropping points. 

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Naelifts said:

Agree with Caley Stan. I think we will achieve a play off spot.  However that was a hard watch with so many balls going astray and final balls being mince. Dunfermline are no slouches though

There was a lot of that some of it may be down to the pitch they had to work hard on to get the game played. The rest is probably down to a lack of quality. I don't think Dunfermline are any better that us. We seem to have lost sight of the fact we were half a dozen games in before we managed to get some injured players back. The big disappointment for me this season has been the Alloa performance and result.

I reckon we are in a dog fight for 4th place Hearts will romp home, Dundee will get stronger, Dunfermline will consolidate and us, Raith, Ayr and Morton are eying up fourth place. Alloa, Arbroath and Queens will unfortunately be the strugglers.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This season has a lot of similarities to last season. Very inconsistent. Some good results and performances and some very poor ones. Sometimes in consecutive weeks. 

 

Not sure what causes this. I think we can all agree the quality is there and when we click, it can be brilliant to watch. However likewise, we can look disjointed and lack any creativity at times.

 

We should be aiming for 2nd as it's a huge advantage compared to 3rd. I don't think there is a reason why we can't get 2nd but need a run of wins now. The team must recognise every game is as important as the other whether we play Dundee or Alloa. 

 

This probably sounds like a lot of clichés but I worry we maybe raise levels for some games and not others.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the goals again. In real time, I thought we gave away a soft goal, but it was actually a good finish after we had blocked an effort.

Sutherland was so unlucky with that header, with the ‘keeper well beaten.

Storey’s goal was outstanding.

As others have said, if we can find consistency we can match any team in this league, including Hearts, and will secure a play off place. However, if we cannot find consistency, it will be a struggle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like any other season in the Championship, such a tight division with everybody on their day capable of taking points off anybody else. Put a good wee run together and the play-offs do look comfy, however, put a wee run of poor results together and you end up joining Alloa, Arbroath and Queens in the struggle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Naelifts said:

Agree with Caley Stan. I think we will achieve a play off spot.  However that was a hard watch with so many balls going astray and final balls being mince. Dunfermline are no slouches though

I too think that we can achieve a play off spot. However, to have a realistic prospect of promotion, that probably needs to be the top play off spot, the one that we were occupying last season when it was brought to a premature end and, to achieve that, we probably need to be winning our home matches against potential rivals like Dunfermline and Dundee rather than dropping points against them.

We are not in a terrible position but certainly need to do better in the final two thirds of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I too think that we can achieve a play off spot. However, to have a realistic prospect of promotion, that probably needs to be the top play off spot, the one that we were occupying last season when it was brought to a premature end and, to achieve that, we probably need to be winning our home matches against potential rivals like Dunfermline and Dundee rather than dropping points against them.

We are not in a terrible position but certainly need to do better in the final two thirds of the season.

Perhaps the shortened season improves chances for a side from 3rd/4th. Obviously we'd prefer 2nd, but hitting form in what would be only be our 28th to 31st games of the season could be more important. Then you get a shot at a Premiership strruggler that's already played 38. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2020 at 10:36 PM, Caley Stan said:

I think we'll be comfy in the top 4. Tonight was poor for the most part but we've got enough quality in midfield and spark up front to see us turn in more performances like those we saw against Raith, Dundee and Queens. Still unbeaten at home this season.

 

On 12/29/2020 at 10:45 PM, Caley Stan said:

36 points this season = 48 points in a normal Championship which is exactly the total you need to find mid table mediocrity in this league. I still think our average will increase and we'll be 4th at least. 

 

12 hours ago, Caley Stan said:

Perhaps the shortened season improves chances for a side from 3rd/4th. Obviously we'd prefer 2nd, but hitting form in what would be only be our 28th to 31st games of the season could be more important. Then you get a shot at a Premiership strruggler that's already played 38. 

I can see a future for you as a motivational speaker 😂

Then I look at Saturday’s fixture and I get the fear. Still raw from that game last year which we were both at. Started off so well, just off the train and meeting Bobby Mann and Paul Ritchie in the pub. Looking back we probably would have done better if they had started...

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Just seen Robbo's interview https://fb.watch/2Jq6edh2An/

That's an old scarf, wonder where he got it, I'm sure I got mine in the Paterson era...

Oi!  I was given one as a Christmas present last week.  You saying that my family are cheapskates? :lol:

Currently available from the shop.  Official ICTFC tartan, which I'm fairly sure doesn't go back to the Paterson era...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Oi!  I was given one as a Christmas present last week.  You saying that my family are cheapskates? :lol:

Currently available from the shop.  Official ICTFC tartan, which I'm fairly sure doesn't go back to the Paterson era...

No, it was unavailable for years, they must have brought it back. There was a tie as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

If you want to go to heaven when you die.....

Haven't heard that song in years. Brought back a great happy memory of our pal Bronson belting it out in a Stirling pub on the way south during the first Highland March. Great night but their landlady wasn't best pleased with them... 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy